Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:56:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should i cash out or not?  (Read 3757 times)
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 09:02:27 PM

WTF man. If you think is a bear market just sell.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:08:38 PM

Too late to cash out.

Hold and come back in 2-3 years  Wink
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:10:07 PM

Fuck knows what you should do tbh. Markets are bitches and will always taunt you no matter what you decide. What you might want to take into account is not so much the potential 'woulda should couldas' that may or may not transpire, but your likely psychological states going forward.

Me, I have come out at $535. These latest Bitcoins, I paid $620 for. Generally speaking though, coming out after such a price slide would be a fkn terrible idea. However, I have lost thousands on Bitcoin since 2014. I am sick of it. I thought the market was going to go up, but it went down heavily. I am at my wits end and am utterly sick of Bitcoin and haemorrhaging masses of cash as a result of it, so even though I know I have likely chose a very bad time to exit my position, I am beyond caring. I just wanted to end my investment interest in Bitcoin in order that I can give my mind a rest from it.

I thought that it was likely to break out from ~$600 range, but it didn't, and recent events are making the charts look fucking horrible and there is every chance that $340 was not the low and I will get to come back on this forum and say that I was 'right' all along when I stated that I seen Bitcoin hitting the $200 range before the bear market is over. Of course, there is also the chance that some X-Factor will come into play and ignite a rocket under Bitcoin's arse. I always said that Bitcoiners will really hit the jackpot when/if Bitcoin starts being used as a means of capital flight and/or as a means of emergency circumnavigating fiscal controls and there is certainly a lot of instability in the world at the moment which is increasing all the time. So perhaps in 6 months time, your Bitcoin will be worth $2000! Or perhaps it will be worth just $200. But for me, I have been battered, bruised, and bloodied up enough by Bitcoin, I will take my remaining fiat at it's current value and tap myself out the game and you can be sure, that there will be fair few feeling just like, and indeed feeling 100 times worse than me (thinking specifically of that massive long squeeze on Bitfinex). That is what happens in a bear market, where liquidity is typically leaving the market, there is less and less to go around which results in more and more people getting battered and bruised enough to compel them to withdraw their liquidity from the market, was rinse repeat until the market has bottomed out.....truly bottomed out that is.

I dont think bitcoin trading is for you  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:57:12 PM

As others have said, if you panic sell at the first sign of trouble then speculation / trading game is not for you.

Question you need to ask yourself is, can I afford to lose my btc investment? If the answer is no, then you should not be in this game and protect yourself by casing out in case things go badly. No one knows the future.

If the answer is yes, then you can afford to hold until you think is worth casing out and try not to panic sell and just wait to see. I will be holding my coins because :

people talk a lot about what is happening, but i look at market cycles. Unless BTC is fundamentally flawed (we all know its not) or will somehow be killed off (gvnt isnt that organised) then the market will go through these crazy cycles in the first years. Since most of the world does not yet use BTC, then as new markets move in, so do new buyers.

Imagine what the price would be once SAmerica, IndoAsia and AFRICA start jump on board. Since this hasnt happened yet, I think we are still on the bull trend. I think about 1-4% of the world uses BTC or is aware of it now, thats a lot of upside potential...

Anyway, my logic is (while on bull trend) price sets new higher highs followed by higher lows, then higher highs then higher lows etc. So, $1 low to $15 high, then $6 low to $250 high, then $50 low to $1200 high, then $400 (or 300 or 200 take your pick) means a new high of....

as long as, on this next low price happenig now,  we dont go below 50$ (the last low before 1200 high) then we are still on bull trend:)

my bet is down to 350 now, then up to 800 by xmas. if Argentina jumps in, then 1500. If we get lucky in the next 8 months and some African nation jumps in, then new high of 2000 is my target:)

Question is can you afford to lose the money if this does not happen, and can you afford to WAIT for it to happen,  if my view is correct?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:42:16 PM

Cash out now, then come back later and re-read this post in 6 months for a nice lesson in perspective.

Thenen

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:24:07 AM

Cash out now, then come back later and re-read this post in 6 months for a nice lesson in perspective.

No body knows price of 6 months later, who knows its $100? So just sell what you cannot afford to lose..
kerafym

Activity: 224

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:28:18 AM

Already did this 2 months ago.

Not saying bitcoin won't get wider market share, but people holding it may be in for surprise.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
tooil

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:17:35 AM

Bitcoin is a zero-sum game and you most likely won’t win.

According my predictions, $200~$300 are expected, but it will take a bit time b/c $500, $450, $400 etc. will be tested for several days. I could be wrong of course, but my predictions have always been right so far.

You have any track record to back up your proof for past performance? While I think the correction is not yet over, I wouldn't go as far as calling 200-300 to be the price target.
Radelderth

Activity: 202

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:32:13 AM

BTC already dropped to $490, I say its a little too late to cash out as the down side is really low. You should wait for the next boom...

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:48:05 AM

According my predictions, $200~$300 are expected, but it will take a bit time b/c $500, $450, $400 etc. will be tested for several days. I could be wrong of course, but my predictions have always been right so far.

You have any track record to back up your proof for past performance? While I think the correction is not yet over, I wouldn't go as far as calling 200-300 to be the price target.

If we go below the 400, the next stop level will be the 200's or below, according to the graph. It is too soon to panic about that, and I myself think it is not much likely to happen, but it is feasible.

@OP: if you think we going down, them sell and wait the bottom, then we rise again you see what you do. The graphs tell us that the bottom level must be below the 450 levels, but something the graphs may tell us false things, so make your own decision.

madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:54:21 AM

If we go below the 400, the next stop level will be the 200's or below, according to the graph. It is too soon to panic about that, and I myself think it is not much likely to happen, but it is feasible.

@OP: if you think we going down, them sell and wait the bottom, then we rise again you see what you do. The graphs tell us that the bottom level must be below the 450 levels, but something the graphs may tell us false things, so make your own decision.

I will buy some up at 200 if it ever reach that price within the next 3 months.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:58:06 AM

I, personally, hope we won't drop much below $350, because I'm kinda betting on BTC being at least around there early next year. No big deal though, but I would kinda like to pay the capital gains taxes on what I cashed out at around $605 with the coins I have left and not with the fiat I cashed out (so, kinda, drawing out the payment of those taxes every year to the next year until the sum falls below the taxable limit).

Well, whatever. If it drops then I have less money than I thought I had.
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:17:26 AM

As others have said, if you panic sell at the first sign of trouble then speculation / trading game is not for you.

Question you need to ask yourself is, can I afford to lose my btc investment? If the answer is no, then you should not be in this game and protect yourself by casing out in case things go badly. No one knows the future.

If the answer is yes, then you can afford to hold until you think is worth casing out and try not to panic sell and just wait to see. I will be holding my coins because :

people talk a lot about what is happening, but i look at market cycles. Unless BTC is fundamentally flawed (we all know its not) or will somehow be killed off (gvnt isnt that organised) then the market will go through these crazy cycles in the first years. Since most of the world does not yet use BTC, then as new markets move in, so do new buyers.

Imagine what the price would be once SAmerica, IndoAsia and AFRICA start jump on board. Since this hasnt happened yet, I think we are still on the bull trend. I think about 1-4% of the world uses BTC or is aware of it now, thats a lot of upside potential...

Anyway, my logic is (while on bull trend) price sets new higher highs followed by higher lows, then higher highs then higher lows etc. So, $1 low to $15 high, then $6 low to $250 high, then $50 low to $1200 high, then $400 (or 300 or 200 take your pick) means a new high of....

as long as, on this next low price happenig now,  we dont go below 50$ (the last low before 1200 high) then we are still on bull trend:)

my bet is down to 350 now, then up to 800 by xmas. if Argentina jumps in, then 1500. If we get lucky in the next 8 months and some African nation jumps in, then new high of 2000 is my target:)

Question is can you afford to lose the money if this does not happen, and can you afford to WAIT for it to happen,  if my view is correct?

If we assume that there are approximately 1-2 millions of real bitcoin users, the world adoption is just ~0,038%. We have plenty of room to grow when it comes to user base.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:12:26 PM

If you can't cope with a slight correction you shouldn't invest in bitcoin at all. In fact you shouldn't invest in any asset if you can't control your emotions to a reasonable degree.
You should only invest what you can afford to loose.

For me bitcoin is superior money. I don't own much (that may be the reason I feel very relaxed). But from the very beginning I had no intention to exchange bitcoin back to fiat again.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
EricTyle

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:18:46 AM

In total worth over the past few days, I've lost thousands.

In total loss, I've not lost a cent because I haven't sold.

Take that how you will.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:21:21 AM

Well, I shall be holding on to the bitter end, if that's what happening; it's $0 or big money for me, nothing in between  Wink

congrats between the 2 of us we shall own 'ALL THE BITCOIN'

then we will make the big money on our reality TV Show....'Bitcoin Hoarders' and have the last laugh! Smiley

I made my bet...I'll live with the consequences.

Searing

Take that how you will.

All right already....we will split 'ALL THE BITCOIN' three ways .....sheesh....

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:24:59 AM

Take that how you will.

Why can't we all remember HOW long bitcoin rode the $100 train. We thought the value of bitcoin was good at $100. Then we got up to $1000 and we thought it was good. once it got to $500 people thought it was over. That's still FIVE TIMES the value people were happy at months ago.
charliethegambler

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:19:50 AM

Don't cash out.BTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:08:57 AM

as long as, on this next low price happenig now,  we dont go below 50$ (the last low before 1200 high) then we are still on bull trend:)

If we assume that there are approximately 1-2 millions of real bitcoin users, the world adoption is just ~0,038%. We have plenty of room to grow when it comes to user base.

You're right, I thought about it afterwards and realised I was being way too generous. But I'd  say there are more than 2 mil using it - since many wallet providers already have more than 1mil wallets created. Would be interesting to get stats on how many wallets have more than 0 and how many are active etc
Anyway, you're right, even more potential upside than i thought!

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
kerafym

Activity: 224

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:40:03 AM

Should cash out on this small rally if you didn't already. Technical indicators still pointing downward.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: