Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:47:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solidcoin Prices Drop to New Lows as Investors Bail Out  (Read 5664 times)
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 10:21:44 PM

Interesting.

I think SolidCoin price will go up some more.

Since the block reward is currently only the transaction fee and any fees that come along with some extra, there isn't much inflation.

I think it will just make it more fun to sell things for SolidCoins.

But it will be very interesting to see what happens with SolidCoin v3. Going to be more user friendly, so maybe more buyers will be out there.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 10:36:03 PM

Interesting.

Since the block reward is currently only the transaction fee and any fees that come along with some extra, there isn't much inflation.

But it will be very interesting to see what happens with SolidCoin v3. Going to be more user friendly, so maybe more buyers will be out there.

Sell all your possessions and buy SolidCoins if you believe the BS you just spouted. Grin
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 12:19:44 AM

Interesting.

Sell all your possessions and buy SolidCoins if you believe the BS you just spouted. Grin

I didn't say I was selling any or all of my possessions. However, I might sell some for SolidCoins.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 12:25:03 AM

I didn't say I was selling any or all of my possessions. However, I might sell some for SolidCoins.

Well the people who pre-mined 12M coins and the ones who mined in the first million coins at 1/10,000th the work per coin will thank you for the transfer of wealth.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 12:36:55 AM

Interesting.

Okay so what did you say highlighted in red? Selling things for solidcoins would be fun. So then have LOTS of "fun" selling all your things.  Cheesy
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:02:59 AM

Well the people who pre-mined 12M coins and the ones who mined in the first million coins at 1/10,000th the work per coin will thank you for the transfer of wealth.

unlike bitcoin where they'll just tell you to fuck off if you don't like it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75157.0

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:42:23 AM

unlike bitcoin where they'll just tell you to fuck off if you don't like it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75157.0

i was unaware bitcoin randomly lowered its block reward to fuck all

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:44:58 AM

i was unaware bitcoin randomly arbitrarily lowered its block reward to fuck all

fix'd... scam coin difficulty isn't random it's arbitrary.  Grin

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Etlase2

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:24:21 AM

i read 1/10,000th the difficulty. reading it again I still read 1/10,000th the difficulty. bitcoin difficulty is currently 1.6 million times higher than its first year. that's 1/1,600,000. what does block reward have to do with this? oh yeah, "fuck off"

Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 07:45:12 AM

we will see what the price of sc will do in the future:

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/589-solidcoin-v30-major-announcement/

beginn quote
We have decided to break compatibility with v2 of SolidCoin and restart the chain with all of the existing coins. We won't be re-adding the 10 trust accounts, so the only coins at the start of the new chain will be the 2.8 million normal coins owned by everyone. This means we have also removed the trust node concept and trust blocks. We have developed an alternative 51% mining attack solution.
end quote

major problems solved with the complete new version 3 like 51-attack and the premined millions does not exist any more...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 07:58:06 AM

we will see what the price of sc will do in the future:

http://solidcointalk.org/topic/589-solidcoin-v30-major-announcement/

beginn quote
We have decided to break compatibility with v2 of SolidCoin and restart the chain with all of the existing coins. We won't be re-adding the 10 trust accounts, so the only coins at the start of the new chain will be the 2.8 million normal coins owned by everyone. This means we have also removed the trust node concept and trust blocks. We have developed an alternative 51% mining attack solution.
end quote

major problems solved with the complete new version 3 like 51-attack and the premined millions does not exist any more...

Cant wait for version four where it makes you breakfast and then destroys it and tells you to pay for the food.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 02:19:29 PM

For start, lets get this one simple thing straight - SLC never had any investors. Short term speculants a not investors. Enough said about that.

Thanks to one guy and his greed, combined with utter stupidity, SLC looks like just another epic fail in short list of alternate coins.

Do you remember those?
Tenebrix: status: dead, cause - greed and stupidity
Geist Geld - status: dead, cause - greed and stupidity
...list all your favourite scam coins here - all dead because of greed and lack of long term vision.

SLC is getting ready to follow this losers and if bitcoin (and litecoin?) are not getting its acts together, we can forget those too. So, lets hope for the best.
If no one uses your *coin in the real world, it's just another bump-and-dump scamcoin. As simple as that.
No matter how cool your client, website or miner looks - if you nor I can buy useful shit with *coin, it has no real value.
Before you start foaming about the price, remember, price is not value.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 05:57:12 PM

You realize those are unspendable, right?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:00:12 PM

You realize those are unspendable, right?

1) They are only unspendable until the code changes and a single person can force any changes to the code he wants.

2) Even if #1 wasn't true the "unspendable" coins are transfered to the CDF every even block where they are most certainly spendable once again by the same person.
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 06:10:09 PM

1) They are only unspendable until the code changes and a single person can force any changes to the code he wants.

2) Even if #1 wasn't true the "unspendable" coins are transfered to the CDF every even block where they are most certainly spendable once again by the same person.

Once v3 hits though, there will no longer be trust node accounts, so those coins will no longer exist.

And I don't really plan to sell anything before v3, so everything should be good.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:11:10 PM

Well like I said I am sure the people who mined millions in a span of weeks will love you for taking worthless coins off their hands.

Have fun.
GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 06:13:06 PM

Well like I said I am sure the people who mined millions in a span of weeks will love you for taking worthless coins off their hands.

Have fun.

How could they be "mined" if the v3 blockchain hasn't even started yet?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:14:33 PM

Have fun.

How could they be "mined" if the v3 blockchain hasn't even started yet?

They were mined at the start of v2.  Still I am done.  You think it is a good investment so did hundreds of people before you who were burned.  Good luck.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:30:22 PM

i read 1/10,000th the difficulty. reading it again I still read 1/10,000th the difficulty. bitcoin difficulty is currently 1.6 million times higher than its first year. that's 1/1,600,000. what does block reward have to do with this? oh yeah, "fuck off"

Encoin is a decent design. But why don't you implement it instead of whining about this matter all the time? Either you will be vindicated, or you will see that convoluted designs don't work so well in practice. Either Bitcoin's purity is essential, or it isn't. You need to prove the latter in order to back your criticism. Either way I think it's off-topic, because what SC2 did was worse.
Etlase2

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 06:48:18 PM

Encoin is a decent design. But why don't you implement it instead of whining about this matter all the time? Either you will be vindicated, or you will see that convoluted designs don't work so well in practice. Either Bitcoin's purity is essential, or it isn't. You need to prove the latter in order to back your criticism. Either way I think it's off-topic, because what SC2 did was worse.

What solidcoin did was worse for sure, but they only took a page out of the bitcoin playbook. And I'm not whining, just pointing out the hypocrisy. Encoin is beginning development; hopefully there will be some stress tests and attack tests later this year.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: