Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solidcoin Prices Drop to New Lows as Investors Bail Out  (Read 5664 times)
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 07:55:09 PM

I'm not whining, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

These statements don't make much sense without at least some degree of practical validation of your fundamental argument. Even if you could somehow make it work, it will require a considerable amount of research and development effort. How can one be hypocritical about the superiority of a method that isn't even possible yet?

As I said, you have a good idea, you should go for it. But attacking competing implementations is very premature, considering you don't have one.

What solidcoin did was worse for sure, but they only took a page out of the bitcoin playbook.

Nope. The issue is about one person changing the rules in a very top-down manner. You are trying to make this about the static generation curve. I don't think anyone ever complained about that feature of SolidCoin.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:11:17 PM

These statements don't make much sense without at least some degree of practical validation of your fundamental argument. Even if you could somehow make it work, it will require a considerable amount of research and development effort. How can one be hypocritical about the superiority of a method that isn't even possible yet?

Dude what are you talking about? I didn't bring up encoin in this thread, I don't even have it linked it my sig.

As I said, you have a good idea, you should go for it. But attacking competing implementations is very premature, considering you don't have one.

I've been attacking bitcoin since before I came up with encoin. Was I not allowed to do it then without having a competing implementation? Or even a proposal for one?

Nope. The issue is about one person changing the rules in a very top-down manner. You are trying to make this about the static generation curve. I don't think anyone ever complained about that feature of SolidCoin.

I didn't say I was selling any or all of my possessions. However, I might sell some for SolidCoins.

Well the people who pre-mined 12M coins and the ones who mined in the first million coins at 1/10,000th the work per coin will thank you for the transfer of wealth.

unlike bitcoin where they'll just tell you to fuck off if you don't like it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75157.0

static generation curve? blah blah? what? Just pointing out for the 8,000th time that D&T is so rabidly a fan of bitcoin that he just comes off as a putz. But he's probably got me on ignore again.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 08:29:09 PM

Uh, sorry, I really don't get whether someone's trolling sometimes. Arguments retracted.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 02:55:18 PM

I didn't read the bitcoin spec.

So that is why you are surprised the difficulty went up. Good luck with your alt-coin.

Now back on topic. Yet another block-chain restart from the SC folks. They should have named it YABRcoin.
Of course this time everything is perfect and people who criticize it are evil trolls!!! Right?  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Etlase2

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:15:34 PM

So that is why you are surprised the difficulty went up. Good luck with your alt-coin.

don't be a twat. I was only pointing out that I didn't bring anything like that up. AKA somebody was putting words in my mouth, like you blatantly did.

PS - there is no spec. if you want to retort with "read the whitepaper lol" I'd like you to point me exactly where the term "static generation curve" is used, or any detail of the economy at all.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:58:49 PM

Still haven't read the spec. Can someone throw me a lifeline?

No. Sorry, the Solidcoin nitwits chewed all the life preservers to bits.

Looking forward to reading your spec (which is short for specification if you did not know) of your alt coin. Until it has substance, good luck.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:18:27 PM

It's funny as hell watching the lame attempts to prop up the price.

Agreed. It's happening again ever since namecoin shat on shitcoin's price.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: