Bitcoin Forum
July 25, 2024, 08:36:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-08-15] eBay tipped to be considering Bitcoin adoption  (Read 828 times)
zakoliverz (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:20:15 AM

http://www.slashgear.com/ebay-tipped-to-be-considering-bitcoin-adoption-15341301/

It seems that cryptocurrency will really be here to stay, especially if retail giants start taking it seriously. According to insider sources, eBay is in talks with various Bitcoin exchanges, seeking to integrate this new kind of currency into its existing Braintree payment system, opening the doors to paying for popular services like Uber using intangible money.
GrandMasterB

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:55:07 PM

Beat me to it. I read about it this morning and I'm very happy. This is bigger than Dell because now millions upon millions of people will see they may be able to get paid in Bitcoin. It's not about spending Bitcoin. It's about making Bitcoin. Profit is much more attractive.
bellgarath1

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:58:31 PM

The more people using bitcoin the better for us all!
Raeg

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:32:04 PM

I'll believe iut when I see it, but if it does ever happen it's sure to be huge.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:12:42 PM

Maybe they'll get on top of this to be ready for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday's buying season. It could create the perfect storm where the price is trending again and the masses are hearing about it while having way more opportunities to spend it than the last time they heard about it in good light.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:04:35 PM

The title is all but misleading. Ebay is not considering to allow Bitcoin payments. On the other hand, one of the lesser known subsidiaries of Ebay is considering that step. Huge difference between the two.
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:21:04 PM

The title is all but misleading. Ebay is not considering to allow Bitcoin payments. On the other hand, one of the lesser known subsidiaries of Ebay is considering that step. Huge difference between the two.

The only proper way to look at this and the adoption under a subsidiary of Paypal, is that they are dipping their toes in the water. Dell just jumped right in the pool and did a canonball because Micheal Dell has tons of courage. Ripple could be looked upon only as Google sticking their toes in the water also. Newegg, tigerdirect, Overstock also did cannonballs in the pool like Dell, and all of them have seen increasing sales each month. All of these waves, big and small, are about to make for one hell of a ride to the moon pretty soon.

What bitcoin is still missing is the killer app. We need to find the facebook or the iPhone of bitcoin. It needs to appeal to nearly every person on Earth, and could likely come in the form of an extremely safe, fast, and free exchange that can be used instantly at any business where debit cards are accepted. We are getting close. Just hold on and don't hold back any ideas you might have. If this thing goes big, we are all going to benefit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: