Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE - request for next features  (Read 27686 times)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:56:45 AM

I'd also limit the number of digits allowed in a bid. Hell, if no one is prepared to bet really more than me, why should anyone, arrived later, be allowed to be before me for the exact same price -just one shatoshi more? So that if I want to be first, I have to cancel my previous, and make a new order again

Sub-penny decimalization is a challenge.   It does favor the bots which will always be faster and more persistent than a human.   And when two bots fight it out, it provides a better price for the counterparty.

At the same time, sometimes the bots are just waiting to get picked off.  Say the best bid is at .11 and I notice what is likely a bot that threw down a bid at 0.11001.    I want to sell but I want a better price.  So I create a bid that I don't really want to buy at with a price of .115.  The bot goes .11501 and I take it.  Rinse and repeat, then cancel my .115 bid.   I just sold at a price better than I otherwise would have gotten.   Now if there is no sub-penny decimalization, and the only option was to do a .12, the bot might not play along.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:04:04 AM

I'd also limit the number of digits allowed in a bid. Hell, if no one is prepared to bet really more than me, why should anyone, arrived later, be allowed to be before me for the exact same price -just one shatoshi more? So that if I want to be first, I have to cancel my previous, and make a new order again

Sub-penny decimalization is a challenge.   It does favor the bots which will always be faster and more persistent than a human.   And when two bots fight it out, it provides a better price for the counterparty.

At the same time, sometimes the bots are just waiting to get picked off.  Say the best bid is at .11 and I notice what is likely a bot that threw down a bid at 0.11001.    I want to sell but I want a better price.  So I create a bid that I don't really want to buy at with a price of .115.  The bot goes .11501 and I take it.  Rinse and repeat, then cancel my .115 bid.   I just sold at a price better than I otherwise would have gotten.   Now if there is no sub-penny decimalization, and the only option was to do a .12, the bot might not play along.
+1 Those bots are quite annoying, and this just makes my day
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 09:04:05 AM

BUG!!!! If there is an entry at a particular price and I make a trade at the same price, it puts my order in before the order that was already there.

How do you know this? From a trade or from the orders table?

If it's the orders table then it's not a bug, trades happen based on price first, then entry order when prices are the same.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
mila

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 10:31:19 AM

BUG!!!! If there is an entry at a particular price and I make a trade at the same price, it puts my order in before the order that was already there.

If it's the orders table then it's not a bug, trades happen based on price first, then entry order when prices are the same.

and older orders are matched first (at the same price).
they might be however displayed in wrong order (at the same price) newer orders (at the same price) above older orders
but the execution is OK

your ad here:
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:49:39 AM

Sorry, I was purposely being ambiguous and that was not helpful.

If two people enter a bid/ask at the same price but at different times, the newer entry is listed above the older entry, implying that it will be executed first.

If the trades are executed in the order shown in the table, then I assume that is a bug because the older entry should be executed first. If the execution order is correct, despite the order shown in the table, then that means the table is showing the entries in the wrong order. I have not been able to determine whether the entries are executed in the wrong order or not.

I hope that I have done a better job of explaining this time.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bitfoo
Donator

Activity: 289

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 03:07:59 PM

If two people enter a bid/ask at the same price but at different times, the newer entry is listed above the older entry, implying that it will be executed first.

If the trades are executed in the order shown in the table, then I assume that is a bug because the older entry should be executed first. If the execution order is correct, despite the order shown in the table, then that means the table is showing the entries in the wrong order. I have not been able to determine whether the entries are executed in the wrong order or not.

I've noticed this before, and have also seen that the execution order is correct, just the display is wrong.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:24:20 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2012, 05:45:12 PM by EskimoBob

Mark security issuers Buy and Sell orders with a different color in the order book.

I also like to add this one:
Make users bid/ask stand out from the order book (btc-e has it well implemented)
Highlight users bid/ask in the order book (btc-e has it well implemented).

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:27:01 PM

One more:

"Dividends calendar" will be nice to have too.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 12:37:40 PM

Voted on a motion earlier, re-read the motion a few min ago and the option to vote was still available. Voted again with no errors displayed, guessing the vote is null, not sure though.

You're allowed to change your vote as many times as you like until the motion has expired.

cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:46:39 PM

The site is down right now... any ideas on when it will be back up?
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 05:41:25 PM

Back up now, sorry for the downtime.

cytokine
Donator

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 05:49:12 PM

Back up now, sorry for the downtime.

It won't let me cancel any of my sell orders: it says "Your order has been cancelled", but the order is still there and blocking me from doing any trading!

Sorry for the emergency tone, but this is a very pressing bug.... thanks.

EDIT: Just went through finally, it seems the 10th time is the charm.

EDIT: Just got "Your order has been queued, please do not re-submit" - what is this? I've never gotten this message before, thanks.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 05:54:19 PM

my bids are gone..    redoing them says "Your order has been queued, please do not re-submit"  but they do not appear anywhere on profile page or in asset's orders list and available balance stays unchanged. something isn't right
cytokine
Donator

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 06:06:05 PM

my bids are gone..    redoing them says "Your order has been queued, please do not re-submit"  but they do not appear anywhere on profile page or in asset's orders list and available balance stays unchanged. something isn't right

You know what, i think i understand what has happened: so somehow a bunch of orders were all queued, and when glbse came back up it executed them all in order i think. That's why it was temporarily slow to execute.

that also explains why a bunch of bids I wanted to hit just dissipated all of the sudden...
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 06:41:42 AM

Mark security issuers Buy and Sell orders with a different color in the order book.

+1

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 02:09:01 PM

I just skimmed through the requests and I second that the volume and bid/ask charts are useless now, suggested changes seem nice.

I couldn't manage to add GLBSE to my two-factor authentication with Google (I guess it doesn't work over SMS?), and I wasn't very eager anyway. Will you implement other authentication schemes? A jabber message would be good enough for me, though any generic protocol that's easy to setup with an external device should be fine. I guess e-mail would be the most generic one.
mila

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:09:53 AM

They would just make a new account if they did not want that public.

not 100 % true
buying from issuer is closer to 'primary market'
selling to issuer has impact on number of shares that receive dividends
'a new account' here would be different from issuer's account and both arguments above apply

your ad here:
mila

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:12:03 AM

I couldn't manage to add GLBSE to my two-factor authentication with Google (I guess it doesn't work over SMS?), and I wasn't very eager anyway. Will you implement other authentication schemes? A jabber message would be good enough for me, though any generic protocol that's easy to setup with an external device should be fine. I guess e-mail would be the most generic one.

or pairing glbse account with freenet irc accounts, or wot at http://bitcoin-otc.com/
Wink
could you write that in ruby?

your ad here:
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:26:04 AM

or pairing glbse account with freenet irc accounts, or wot at http://bitcoin-otc.com/
Wink
could you write that in ruby?

s/freenet/freenode/ ? Smiley

I guess it would be fairly easy on any platform. I suggested e-mail (although it's not optimal for me) because everyone knows how to deal with that and it's pretty much decentralized. I'd create a new e-mail account for this, which I'll only access through my smartphone, yet I can still easily access from any other device if I need to.
mila

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:10:14 AM

s/freenet/freenode/ ? Smiley
well spotted. my fault. s/freenet/freenode
could go via gribble say/msg Smiley

I guess it would be fairly easy on any platform. I suggested e-mail (although it's not optimal for me) because everyone knows how to deal with that and it's pretty much decentralized. I'd create a new e-mail account for this, which I'll only access through my smartphone, yet I can still easily access from any other device if I need to.

2nd email address - for 2 factor auth email could be just fine

your ad here:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: