Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE - request for next features  (Read 27686 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 03:22:23 AM

With GLBSE 2.0 finally out the door I want to start planning for the next phase, improvement. I am limited in time so I would like to know what do you think are the most important features to add onto GLBSE?

Account to account transfers?
Single bitcoin address for deposits (as opposed to the one address per transaction)
Require email approval before address change
Chart organisation
Ability to edit a contract and share page

If you can think of them, add it to the list below. I'm going to be traveling until Thursday so won't be able to begin implementation of features until then, in the mean time argue them out here.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:26:59 AM

Lines around text boxes visible in Chrome, ability to change the name of accounts.

Also, how are the charts ordered? It would be nice for the active ones to be on top, then the rest alphabetically.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:40:27 AM

Single bitcoin address for deposits (as opposed to the one address per transaction)

I can see those with a pool or others who get payouts wanting a static address, but others don't necessarily want that -- for privacy reasons.  So hopefully it isn't mandatory.

What is expected though is that there is a history of bitcoin addresses assigned to my account.  Or at least some register of transactions showing previous deposits and withdrawals along with the bitcoin address for both deposits and withdrawals.  Additionally, would like to see "pending" or "not yet confirmed" status on deposits where the transaction has not yet confirmed.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:53:06 AM

With GLBSE 2.0 finally out the door I want to start planning for the next phase, improvement. I am limited in time so I would like to know what do you think are the most important features to add onto GLBSE?

Account to account transfers?
Require email approval before address change
Chart organisation
Ability to edit a contract and share page

If you can think of them, add it to the list below. I'm going to be traveling until Thursday so won't be able to begin implementation of features until then, in the mean time argue them out here.

Nefario.

To be able to see my total BTC balance on every page.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:09:05 AM

only display the terms of the asset contract instead of full contract copy published at the bottom of the asset view page
p.ex. https://glbse.com/asset/view/BG vs full contract as external document, linked from asset view page. .

that would solve both problems
- viewing the full contract would be more like in 1.0 (external file, well formatted for viewing)
- the asset view page would display the most interesting part with the technicalities put aside

also bring back https://glbse.com/assets as contract index and central linking point

your ad here:
mila

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:13:03 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2012, 08:15:20 AM by mila

To be able to see my total BTC balance on every page.

also btc blocked / available from the btc  balance? //there's this line 'Account using' and if this would be added next to it, it could be more detailed than just balance.

Account used: BTC || balance 12.34 btc || disposable balance 4.56 btc

I can see those with a pool or others who get payouts wanting a static address, but others don't necessarily want that -- for privacy reasons.  So hopefully it isn't mandatory.

What is expected though is that there is a history of bitcoin addresses assigned to my account.  Or at least some register of transactions showing previous deposits and withdrawals along with the bitcoin address for both deposits and withdrawals.  Additionally, would like to see "pending" or "not yet confirmed" status on deposits where the transaction has not yet confirmed.

also support the request for _optional_ static funding address (in addition to new address per each deposit)

your ad here:
kronosvl

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:29:07 AM

- mark a ticker as favorite and have a favorites page
- filter box on tickers page and filter on each keypress
- email when an order is fulfilled (if is not implemented already)
- for some reason lastpass is acting out on login page and sometimes it fills the email/password fields but on login I get a invalid username/pass

Donations are accepted @: 19Uk8zVhdgfrRo5Z6wH9yghWxZUtdiNtX9
OTC: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewgpg.php?nick=kronosvl
mila

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:42:48 AM

also (from my notepad )
- refining of dividend payment (add options to the default 1. "pay total" 2. "pay per share issued" 3. "pay per share to all shares issued" )
- improvements of asset management (destroy shares, add new shares), allow edit links in the asset view page to its other resources online (web, forum, twitter, etc)
- gui tweeks (history with pagination, design mods)

your ad here:
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:47:36 AM

With all most of these changes the exchange will be awesome, which will leave a good impression of the Bitcoin community on people getting into it solely for investing.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:01:36 AM

Orderbook View
I'd like to see BUY orders on the lower left, sorted from HIGH to LOW
I'd like tio see SELL orders on the upper right, from LOW to HIGH
much like so:

but with even more info, eg accumulated volume for each order level with AVG price.

Watchlist
I don't need to see all the crap that doesn't trade, so I'd like to make my own watchlist.

Issue Contract
Please show once in "Plain HTML" and link to the XML doc.

Portfolio View
Please show avg price at which I bought the shares
Also show P&L (calculated over BID price of asset)

Fees of IPO
Allow to distribute cost of IPO over shares sold

more to come :-D
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:16:04 AM

Orderbook View
I'd like to see BUY orders on the lower left, sorted from HIGH to LOW
I'd like tio see SELL orders on the upper right, from LOW to HIGH
much like so:

but with even more info, eg accumulated volume for each order level with AVG price.

+1

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:39:03 PM

Market Segments
These don't need to be hard-coded into the contract or the ticker symbol but could be used to easily differentiate stocks.
for example, there could be
  • Mining
  • Bonds
  • Managed Funds and ETFs
  • Goods and Services
  • Financials

Assign Ticker Symbol suffixes relating to Issue
There should be a mandatory discriminatory suffix to the tickers to differentiate.
So bonds should be TICKER.BND
ETFs could be TICKER.ETF
Funds could be TICKER.FND
Companies could be TICKER.INC
and whatnot.
Example in the current situations:
TyGrrrr.INC
TyGrrrr.BND

REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:44:37 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2012, 03:16:09 PM by REF

-there should be an button to generate a new bitcoin address instead of it generating on its own. You should see a list of all your deposit address and be able to see the deposit history for each address
-lines around text boxes
-limit ticker length 5 chars? (before the .suffix if there is one, so ABCDE.ETF etc..)
-account history
-BTC balance on every page
-an OPTION to get emails when order is fulfilled
-account to account transfers
stochastic

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 11:33:35 PM

Don't reserve bitcoins.  As stated here

Have a check that makes sure the buyer has enough bitcoins but allow them to make multiple orders.  So if they have 100 bitcoins allow the buyer to make unlimited bids up to 100 bitcoins.  If an order is filled that lowers the amount of bitcoins in their account then cancel any other outstanding orders that go above that amount.  The order book seems to be really light on bids.  This is because once someone has some shares of an equity the only thing they can do with them exchange them for bitcoin, but with their bitcoin they can exchange them for any equity.  Since GLBSE has low volume there may be a long wait until a bid order is executed and until that order is executed the bitcoins on reserve are locked up and not working.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:38:13 AM

^ +1

guruvan

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:49:23 AM

Don't reserve bitcoins.  As stated here

Have a check that makes sure the buyer has enough bitcoins but allow them to make multiple orders.  So if they have 100 bitcoins allow the buyer to make unlimited bids up to 100 bitcoins.  If an order is filled that lowers the amount of bitcoins in their account then cancel any other outstanding orders that go above that amount.  The order book seems to be really light on bids.  This is because once someone has some shares of an equity the only thing they can do with them exchange them for bitcoin, but with their bitcoin they can exchange them for any equity.  Since GLBSE has low volume there may be a long wait until a bid order is executed and until that order is executed the bitcoins on reserve are locked up and not working.

definitely +1

stochastic

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:48:57 AM

On the Portfolio section, have the Bid and Ask in the Asset section next to the contracts owned.  Also when going to a contracts page, have it show how many shares I currently own of that asset and/or if I have any outstanding orders for that contract.

Also, have the the respective contract listed in the Fees Paid section.

It would be nice to be able to export all transactions, dividends, and fees paid in a .cvs file.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 03:08:39 AM

^ +1
...again!

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 06:26:15 AM

OCO order

One Cancels Other

BUY 1000 A.ETF @ 0,1  OR  BUY 100 B.ETF @ 1

whenever one of these orders gets filled, the other gets cancelled.
if one order gets partially filled, the other order  gets modified accordingly
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 06:55:20 AM

Make it looking serious,please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: