Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:24:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE - request for next features  (Read 27686 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 05:21:33 AM

from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76594.320

It seems similar to a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction to me...

Oh it is. At least it should be.

In Dutch Auction, there is ONE SALE at ONE PRICE.
If PPT is to auction off 2000 shares, these should be sold in ONE SALE at ONE PRICE (to x customers).

So the buyers will set their max buying price and then they see how they will fill up the 2000 shares.
If it needs to be one price they will need to set it at the price of the lowest of all the x costumers.
This doesn't make any sense for them because their profit is in the extra margins people pay and by lowering this their profit will shrink.

That is true.
It is also true, however, that nowhere it is stated that the issuer of a bond or somesuch be entitled to a profit.
Neither is the bond holder, to take that argument away as well.

I was only pointing out that in an auction at a stock exchange (vola phases, open, close) and at an IPO there is only ONE PRICE which is exactly where demand and supply meet. Any economics book will show two intersecting lines with supply and demand meeting at the intersection as the OPTIMUM (ie the state of MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY). Everything else favors either side of the deal greatly.

The way this is currently handled is neither optimal (as a whole) nor does it bear resemblance to any functioning stock market behavior.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 11:53:30 AM

great work. on glbse the new charts are much better then the ones on 2.0

They need tooltips though! It's really hard (especially on GIGAMINING currently) to figure out exact trading prices.

Another feature request (again): Trade and dividend histories in a simple CSV format. I wouldn't even care if they only get released/updated every 24 hours and the most recent data has to be pulled from twitter, but for longer term statistics these are really necessary. Of course in the end I hope you'll get an API similar to MtGox where you can for example specify to get every data until a certain point in time.

Also: Pre-set times for dividend and buyback orders + an API for them. These could also be announced in the interface ("Upcoming dividends, Upcoming forced buybacks").

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 12:38:29 PM

I think the GLBSE needs a panel of existing CEO's to vote on adding new company's to the market like this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79890.0 - so they can protect there own market.  They are even looking to lend the 8BTC to registrar which isn't that bad but there trying to list a company valued at $500,000.00 and not using the funds raised on the GLBSE to buy anything of value.  That could be sold to compensate shareholders in the event of them going bust.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 01:08:57 PM

I think the GLBSE needs a panel of existing CEO's to vote on adding new company's to the market like this - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=79890.0 - so they can protect there own market.  They are even looking to lend the 8BTC to registrar which isn't that bad but there trying to list a company valued at $500,000.00 and not using the funds raised on the GLBSE to buy anything of value.  That could be sold to compensate shareholders in the event of them going bust.

Maybe CEO's of high Cap company's have a higher vote ratio on high Cap IPO's and CEO's of small Cap company's have a higher vote ratio on adding other small Cap IPO's.  Due to each type of CEO having more experience in each type of IPO.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 01:15:34 PM

Maybe CEO's of high Cap company's have a higher vote ratio on high Cap IPO's and CEO's of small Cap company's have a higher vote ratio on adding other small Cap IPO's.  Due to each type of CEO having more experience in each type of IPO.

I want to see the GLBSE expand and into different boards/exchanges as well.  Maybe like a FSTE 100, a FSTE 250, a mining only board and so on.  Although it is of great concern not just to Nefario but also each listed company that fraud and bad businesses on the exchange are kept to an absolute minimal to help keep the exchange looking trustworthy for investors.

k

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 11:50:32 PM

Maybe someone asked for this already. On the market page can you frees the column titles row so that it is still visible when you scroll down the page.

thanks
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:22:09 AM

Can we get a column on the assets page for "market capitalisation"? Calculation is {last sale price} * {total issued assets}.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:29:53 AM

Can we get a column on the assets page for "market capitalisation"? Calculation is {last sale price} * {total issued assets}.

+1

This would be a great feature Smiley
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 09:26:38 AM

So I create an asset, issue 50 million shares and buy one with a sock puppert account for 1 BTC --> capitalization of 50 million BTC..?!

I'd rather have {last sale price} * {total assets no longer in the IPO account (transferred, sold)} but this still has room for errors/problems.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 10:04:18 AM

One suggestion: Order the IPO list by date.  Smiley

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:03:03 AM

So I create an asset, issue 50 million shares and buy one with a sock puppert account for 1 BTC --> capitalization of 50 million BTC..?!

I'd rather have {last sale price} * {total assets no longer in the IPO account (transferred, sold)} but this still has room for errors/problems.

Agree to have this calculation for bonds, but for a share where the owner holds shares themselves, it's good to know the value of the whole company. In your example when you see a company with a 50 million BTC market cap, you know it's overvalued. For other companies, you can at least ask whether you think it's worth its market cap.

Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 09:49:14 AM

Feature request: A server that works.

+1

Uptime in the last week has been positively horrible.

Yes, uptime has been terrible, it's not that it's not been up, but not able to handle the amount of traffic, this is my first experience dealing with scaling issues, I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 01:59:14 AM

Feature request: A server that works.

+1

Uptime in the last week has been positively horrible.

Yes, uptime has been terrible, it's not that it's not been up, but not able to handle the amount of traffic, this is my first experience dealing with scaling issues, I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Well at least the userbase is growing Smiley

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
REF

Activity: 529

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 02:23:13 AM

an option to allow ipo owners to set up an automated sell time for the release of their bonds/shares.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 02:37:47 PM

QR for deposit adresses, plz :-D
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 08:33:58 PM

Full account history as CSV now available.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 08:35:54 PM

Maybe some kind of RSS feed for each stocks new trades and new orders would be good?

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

Maybe some kind of RSS feed for each stocks new trades and new orders would be good?

There is the twitter feed which shows all trades, have a look at the API page.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 12:25:30 PM

Full account history as CSV now available.

Awesome thank you!
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:58:52 PM

USD and EUR assets, similar to the BTC one.

This would allow for pricing + trading shares in fiat currencies too, however these would never be able to leave the exchange - thus being completely virtual.

Example:
I trade 1 BTC(share) for 5 USD(shares), then I can buy a share that is only listed in USD, for 0.1337 USD a share.

After getting some dividends + trading and so on, I now have 8 USD, unfortunately for me the current price to buy BTC again has risen to 16 USD per BTC. As I was anyways interested in USD however, it's likely that I'll pay out my BTC (after buying 0.5 BTC shares from my 8 USD shares) to MtGox + exchange them for USD.

Reason for all of this:
There are a bunch of things, where your costs and/or income are in fiat currencies. If you expect large volatility in the BTC<-->fiat prices, there's a big risk that people don't want to invest their BTC, as in the example above (earning 2 USD) they would see a loss of 50%. On USD side however they earned 60%! This should be visible both in the current value of the asset (= going up) and it will also make it easier to see whether an asset expects to have profits in fiat or in BTC (mining assets for example have profits in BTC while a crowdfunded solar power farm would get paid in fiat).

One of the biggest issues would be where the virtual USD (and EUR) should come from - if you keep the 1 BTC from the example above in escrow, you'd be screwed if bitcoin tanks and is only worth 1 USD for 5 BTC.
You could either:
* Create options on both ends and only create virtual fiat shares if they are backed by someone holding the other end as well ("I'll sell 100 BTC for 500 USD" <--> "I'll buy 100 BTC for 500 USD")
* Accept MtGox codes or similar in escrow (dependent on one big player though and too external in my opinion)
* Find users who would be willing to have large longterm options on at least one end of the term and "outsource" the risk of volatility to them
* Offer trades to virtual fiat yourself (at a premium or outsourced) which you then really execute on an exchange to start the money flow

Oh and by the way, there are already fiat money shares on GLBSE - one example would be SATOSHISDEAMON.HORSE, which are USD shares in a racing horse that are also valued + paid out in USD. It would be great if they would also be priced in USD.

Edit:
The poor man's version would be to pull the 24h average from bitcoinmarkets + display the value of the share in USD but always make clear that actual trades take place in BTC. This could be enabled asset by asset by the asset owner and also via a user preference.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: