Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:18:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinsecure's Block Explorer is Launched  (Read 3395 times)
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 04:44:56 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 09:47:41 PM by Benson Samuel

As promised, we have launched our Block Explorer at https://coinsecure.info.

Based on Insight by Bitpay, Coinsecure.info has several added methods, and sports a secure paper wallet generator by Offlineaddress.com. Insight has been known to be quite packed with issues in the back-end code and we will be contributing back to the global community by actively working on Insight and publishing and identifying fixes and upgrades.

Our version of the secure paper wallet generator has been made available onto a public repo on Github for anyone to download as well. Once a public key has been printed out, it can be easily scanned on our QR code scanner and display details of transactions.

We continue with more builds around the corner, such as Android and IOS apps for our Block Explorer.

Some known bugs include the total balance of some addresses.
We are in a Beta launch phase and will be moving progressively to improve the experience for Bitcoiners across India.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:43:13 PM

As promised, have launched our Block Explorer at https://coinsecure.info.

Based on Insight by Bitpay, Coinsecure.info has several added methods, and sports a secure paper wallet generator by Offlineaddress.com. Insight has been known to be quite packed with issues in the back-end code and we will be contributing back to the global community by actively working on Insight and publishing and identifying fixes and upgrades.

Our version of the secure paper wallet generator has been made available onto a public repo on Github for anyone to download as well. Once a public key has been printed out, it can be easily scanned on our QR code scanner and display details of transactions.

We continue with more builds around the corner, such as Android and IOS apps for our Block Explorer.

We are in a Beta launch phase and will be moving progressively to improve the experience for Bitcoiners across India.

I'd like to know whether u have used scala in developing this ?

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:42:38 PM

No Scala on this.
Just Angular and Node.

Expect some Scala based projects coming quite soon Smiley

ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:32:04 PM

Good initiative Benson. I guess, if time permits, you may add discoverable nodes list as well in the explorer. May be it can give india specific bitcoin network health. (I have been running a full node for coupla months now)
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:56:46 AM

Great work ! Now all that matters is keeping the service reliable - m sure your team has that ability Smiley

BTW /status is not loading - may be u should give it a look.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 05:09:40 AM

Great work ! Now all that matters is keeping the service reliable - m sure your team has that ability Smiley

BTW /status is not loading - may be u should give it a look.

We will support Insight for quite a bit, but we are quite keen on exploring on our own Scala based Block Explorer that we had started on.
Several other builds in between, but we should move in that direction in a year or so. Too many other plans around to get stuck on one project.

Have disabled sync data for a bit.
May remove it completely as it does not really do much.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 05:11:39 AM

Good initiative Benson. I guess, if time permits, you may add discoverable nodes list as well in the explorer. May be it can give india specific bitcoin network health. (I have been running a full node for coupla months now)

Thanks Ravin, We started on the connected nodes piece as well, but  bit too late.
I was quite insistent on launching it on the 15th, hence we had to shelf some parts of the build, which we will roll out over the next few weeks.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:41:48 AM

No Scala on this.
Just Angular and Node.

Expect some Scala based projects coming quite soon Smiley

That's great. Do u plan to offer any API support, especially send/receive API like blockchain.info ?

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 10:30:48 AM

We will be adding a notification server shortly, along with examples on how to create your own secure wallet.
Will be easier for me to explain this when we do and update with the notifier.
It is being tested at the moment, so not long before we launch it.

This will run on a Scala based server.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:19:30 PM

We will be adding a notification server shortly, along with examples on how to create your own secure wallet.
Will be easier for me to explain this when we do and update with the notifier.
It is being tested at the moment, so not long before we launch it.

This will run on a Scala based server.

U might like to get in touch with this thread owner to get your block explorer listed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636463.0

It'd be awesome to see a purely Indian block explorer alongside the global ones Smiley

KJBit

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 09:33:07 AM

I'm gonna be that guy and ask: What is a Block Explorer and how is it different from an Internet Explorer?
ravin

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:22:44 AM

I'm gonna be that guy and ask: What is a Block Explorer and how is it different from an Internet Explorer?

Internet explorer is a tool to explore internet. Block Explorer is a web based service to explore the blocks generated by the bitcoin network. On another sense it allows you to look at a set of bitcoin transactions (block) to know who got how much from whom and when.
Falkyire

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:30:39 AM

Internet explorer is a tool to explore internet. Block Explorer is a web based service to explore the blocks generated by the bitcoin network. On another sense it allows you to look at a set of bitcoin transactions (block) to know who got how much from whom and when.

Like blockinfo ?
ani4444

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:30:33 AM

Hi,

Can you please explain why did you decide to base your blockexplorer on "Insight by Bitpay", is it the best open source bitcoin block explorer currently available ?

Thanks
KJBit

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:41:13 AM

OK, I see. So it's not something for your average bitcoin user I take it. By which I mean, if I were to ignore it, I won't be missing out on anything important. Is that right?
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:38:06 AM

Hi,

Can you please explain why did you decide to base your blockexplorer on "Insight by Bitpay", is it the best open source bitcoin block explorer currently available ?

Thanks

Inisight has one of the smallest footprints and has one of the better active teams developing out there. Toshi has also been open sourced, but the footprint is 5 times larger.
We did a custom build in scala as well but that had a footprint as large as Toshi, which is why we have shelved it for now.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:39:17 AM

OK, I see. So it's not something for your average bitcoin user I take it. By which I mean, if I were to ignore it, I won't be missing out on anything important. Is that right?

All users of Bitcoin can use the Block Explorer to check their addresses and transaction ID's.
Paperwallet scans and a generator are also functions of coinsecure.info, so each feature rides on a different need.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:12:51 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 01:05:49 AM by Benson Samuel

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758382.new#new

Added BITS as initiated/ inspired in the thread above.

Fixed some decimal issues and added a cool feature at https://coinsecure.info/full_page_transaction
It displays the amount of INR(When Selected) pass through the blockchain.
It is meant to serve as a background page for presentations where the visualization of transactions can be described as an amount that is easily recognized.

Websockets are looking stronger for streaming of information.

TODO :
Add INR prices to frontpage.
Add Terms & Conditions.
Update documentation with newest updates, API features.
Integrate Paper Wallet into the UI of Coinsecure.info.
Fix incorrect address balances on large number of transaction addressees without increasing db size.
Needs to look a lot cooler! Expect a quick color/ Typeface change!

bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:55:34 PM

What are the changes that took place in Coinsecure as seeing the new look of it?
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:17:40 PM

What are the changes that took place in Coinsecure as seeing the new look of it?

More of a re-branding in terms of the colors, etc.
Our next phase should be up soon as well, so this was important for us to roll out as it works well with the upcoming back-end.

http://blog.coinsecure.in/post/99575935365/the-new-look-of-coinsecure is a short write up on this change and whats up next.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: