Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:56:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum KILLING BITCOIN!  (Read 10018 times)
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 11:14:12 AM

LOL Ethereum will die because of this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.0

Only idiots who invested donated into Ethereum are being bearish about bitcoin. They're hoping to hype up Ether so they can dump it.

It is just another worthless coin in the making. I doubt anyone will be brave enough to put money into altcoin again.

Altcoins come and go, but there always seem to be investors in altcoins.

because there are always people who feel butthurt for missing the boat and want to compensate Cheesy I tell you altcoins are the HYIPs (ponzis) of this decade. Getting rich ain't simple I tell you h'wat. There are traps everywhere. Back then when I was 16 years old I invested into FastMarket and SolidInvestment HYIPs all my pocket money. I used e-gold as a transfer of value. Of course they were scams Cheesy but I was too inexperienced to know. I think the question is whether failing makes you stop messing around with something forever or not. My friend told me once that he invested money into IsraCoin and he was excited about it. I never asked how much he invested and he hasn't talked to me ever since. No pain no gain, good old truth Cheesy

A couple of years ago local newspapers warned about http://emgoldex.com/
I was sure it is a classic scam but now that I see the website is still online it makes me wonder whether they really are legit.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:50:54 PM

it's ok, altho i do agree their selling is hurting the price.

this is how coins get distributed.  the further the better.

unfortunately, i think Ethereum is a big failure.  even worse than an altcoin that would at least have it's protocol already coded and a clear decision made on mining.  lots of ppl are going to lose money on that one.

their biggest failure is Vitalik's lack of vision and failure to understand economic motives and reasoning.  all that naivete will be built into Ethereum's protocol as we see with their leanings toward scrypt mining.

Could you elaborate on this - what specifically is the nature of Vitalik's "naivete"?
Jybrael

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:51:32 PM

Well Etherium might be trying to kill Bitcoin..but in my opinion, I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon. Prices have crashed all the time and then gone back up just as fast..maybe this is the Bitcoin fall at the moment...it did hit a record high..hopefully it will go back up there once more..or it might go somewhere between 600 to 700...per coin. Lets just give it time and observe instead of blaming people.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:11:25 PM

Total FUD. Most the Etherium IPO funds remain intact and what has been sold was not significant enough to move the market in any meaningful way.

The expectation of the coin going to be sold off will cause the price to drop.

The current price always reflect the future event and not current one.

But 26000 BTC is nothing, only 8 days of mining...

8 days worth of the total inflation of a any given currency is an incredibly HUGE sum. Try to extrapolate such a thing to the USD or to any fiat currency of your choice, and add to that the fact that the BTC inflation decreases over time until deflation takes over, which doesn't apply to the USD.

so you are saying that double inflation on 8 days can influence the price downwards for over 10 % for Weeks?

I'm saying that in USD terms (4 trillion "official" monetary base, 2.1% "official" yearly infation rate) the equivalent of 8 days of inflation is almost 2 billions - ask Soros what can you do on Forex to major currencies like the British pound with much less than that, some creativity and a bit of leverage. You can definitely influence the price for weeks if you dump or short, especially if you add margin trading to the equation.

If you consider the fact that BTC's inflation rate is currently 11.11%, and that it will go down to less than 2% only in 2020, you get another idea of how much money 26k coins are in relation to both the final and the current bitcoin monetary base.

You can also see it this way: 26k btc are aprox. 0.2% of the current Bitcoin monetary base (not taking into account lost or destroyed coins). In USD terms that would mean at least 8 billion (probably much more because the real USD monetary base and inflation rate are impossible to verify and thus probably fake).

The fiat value of 26k coins (aprox. 12 million USD) might be nothing in relative terms (because Bitcoin is still extremely small), but it is a huge amount in absolute bitcoin terms - that's all I'm saying, especially when you consider that the total supply is limited (only 13 million now; only 21 million in total) and unalterable.

The bottom line is that 26k coins are a sum that definitely allows you to depress the bitcoin price if that is the goal you wish to achieve - especially during a time in which Bitcoin demand has obviously slowed down.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 01:31:15 PM

LOL Ethereum will die because of this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.0

Only idiots who invested donated into Ethereum are being bearish about bitcoin. They're hoping to hype up Ether so they can dump it.

Now that is funny!  Peter may have singlehandedly killed off all past, current and future alts that do not use this method of initial coin distribution, including  Ethereum.  Fastest destruction of an alt in history.  Ethereum dead before it even made it to the starting blocks. He is my new hero. This also has the potential of eliminating most of the incentive to make new alts for the pump and dump of it and reducing the entire alt space to serious coins only.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:34:40 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 01:53:58 PM by seriouscoin

Now that is funny!  Peter may have singlehandedly killed off all past, current and future alts that do not use this method of initial coin distribution, including  Ethereum.  Fastest destruction of an alt in history.  Ethereum dead before it even made it to the starting blocks. He is my new hero. This also has the potential of eliminating most of the incentive to make new alts for the pump and dump of it and reducing the entire alt space to serious coins only.

Exactly why IPOs are pure scams.... too many greedy pigs got slaughtered.

Imagine Linus had IPOs for his linux kernel.... it would have died in 1993.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:42:21 PM

Funny that "ether" and "vapor" are kinds of synonymous, no?

From a marketing/branding perspective, they picked a great name.  It almost guarantees failure!  Cheesy
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:50:06 PM

Now that is funny!  Peter may have singlehandedly killed off all past, current and future alts that do not use this method of initial coin distribution, including  Ethereum.  Fastest destruction of an alt in history.  Ethereum dead before it even made it to the starting blocks. He is my new hero. This also has the potential of eliminating most of the incentive to make new alts for the pump and dump of it and reducing the entire alt space to serious coins only.

It is great news for current bitcoin holders.  Smiley
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:49:06 PM

Funny that "ether" and "vapor" are kinds of synonymous, no?

From a marketing/branding perspective, they picked a great name.  It almost guarantees failure!  Cheesy
I was thinking the same thing.  I think a modern loose translation of "Ethereum" would be "Vaporware"

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
suchnoob

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:04:50 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 03:14:54 PM by suchnoob

Now that is funny!  Peter may have singlehandedly killed off all past, current and future alts that do not use this method of initial coin distribution, including  Ethereum.  Fastest destruction of an alt in history.  Ethereum dead before it even made it to the starting blocks. He is my new hero. This also has the potential of eliminating most of the incentive to make new alts for the pump and dump of it and reducing the entire alt space to serious coins only.

Exactly why IPOs are pure scams.... too many greedy pigs got slaughtered.

Imagine Linus had IPOs for his linux kernel.... it would have died in 1993.

Not all. I've invested in Reddcoin and it was not a scam.

btw http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/ Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: