Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum KILLING BITCOIN!  (Read 10018 times)
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  This is hilarious and ironic!!!  People were SOOOOO worried that the winner of the SR Auction was going to dump thousands of coins on the exchanges and crash the price.  Apparently because he was not "one of us" and was just out to make money.

Now the irony is that hundreds of altruistic bitcoiners invested millions of dollars worth of bitcoin into a complete vaporware alt coin company, and now it's THEM that are dumping thousands of coins on the market and crashing the price.

Serves all you fucking retards right for believing in such stupidity.   Roll Eyes

Neo & Bee much?

This is classic, it amazes me that people think giving to charities will help coins.  They have to sell to fund their mission.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:12:52 PM

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  This is hilarious and ironic!!!  People were SOOOOO worried that the winner of the SR Auction was going to dump thousands of coins on the exchanges and crash the price.  Apparently because he was not "one of us" and was just out to make money.

Now the irony is that hundreds of altruistic bitcoiners invested millions of dollars worth of bitcoin into a complete vaporware alt coin company, and now it's THEM that are dumping thousands of coins on the market and crashing the price.

Serves all you fucking retards right for believing in such stupidity.   Roll Eyes

Neo & Bee much?

Yeah i hope this serves as a lesson to those who invested hundreds on btc on that vaporwave investment that the only thing they got in short term is having the rest of their btcs undervalued.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:26:08 PM

Just checked that Ethereum project and it was the biggest load of BS scam I'd ever seen!  Shocked

Do you know some Ethereum investors/donators/buyers? I've a nice tower in Paris or a red bridge in San Francisco to sell to them...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:39:08 PM

Yeah this was funny as fuck when I originally read it, btw it's not a photoshop. I remember reading it in the official webpage. At least they were honest tho.
How do you guys know this is due Vitalika and friends dumping tho? Do you have any conclusive proof or just speculation?

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:21:59 AM

People do realize they actually made a statement in the contract itself saying 'we may or may not actually make ethereum, invest at your own risk'?

Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:43:20 AM

Whether or not the cascades were due to Ethereum dumps, we know that the fact that there are 27,000 BTCs that need to be liquidated for funds is a downward pressure on prices. No? Thus, the whole idea is a dick move.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:51:25 AM

People do realize they actually made a statement in the contract itself saying 'we may or may not actually make ethereum, invest at your own risk'?

People just scrolled to the bottom and clicked continue.  Wink
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:36:28 AM

Just checked that Ethereum project and it was the biggest load of BS scam I'd ever seen!  Shocked

Do you know some Ethereum investors/donators/buyers? I've a nice tower in Paris or a red bridge in San Francisco to sell to them...

all the so-call 2nd gen crypto sounds scam-ish
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:44:54 AM

The coins are getting distributed
Anyways thank Ethererum for giving some cheap coins out and what not and I guess diversifying the number of people holding some of those bitcoins

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
GangkisKhan

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:22:14 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 02:32:23 AM by GangkisKhan

Ethereum guys are running away with the money similarly how pirate40 did Cheesy, ironically it was August back then too.

And the irony is they are doing it by the book this time. Buyer of Ethereum essentially sign over their right to the developers and can't call them scammer even if the project failed miserably.

Look to me like they have moved 4k BTC, and they still have over 20k BTC unsold. Imagine the horror in the coming weeks and months.
gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:25:58 AM

Ethereum guys are running away with the money similarly how pirate40 did Cheesy, ironically it was August back then too.

And the irony is they are doing it by the book this time. Buyer of Ethereum essentially sign over their right to the developers and can't call them scammer even if the project failed miserably.

Look to me like they have moved 4k BTC, and they still have over 20k BTC unsold. Imagine the horror in the coming weeks and months.

We have 4k BTC to 470 to bitstamp right now.  The market should be able to withstand a 20k BTC dump if spread across exchanges.
freet0pian

Activity: 156

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:01:04 AM

The bitcoin it`s going down cause the Ethereum team it`s dumping all the BTC! They dumped 1,150 bitcoins 5 days ago when the price was $590, 1,350 3 days ago when the price was $550, and now they have dumped 1,237 more TODAY when the price was $510, that`s why we went down 500usd and we are going to $450... Fucking Ethereum, stop killing the bitcoin.

https://blockchain.info/es/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2?filter=1

TLDR, "Leave Bitcoin alone!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

*end thread*

░▒▓█ welcome to freet0pia █▓▒░
av123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:54:38 AM

Anyways thank Ethererum for giving some cheap coins out and what not and I guess diversifying the number of people holding some of those bitcoins

Let's also thank Ethereum for helping us to the despair phase of this cycle.
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:10:37 AM

We had to get their sometime so we could finally enter into another rally
Guess its also a bit of a blessing to get all the doom and gloom predictions out of the way while were at it and just go full bear for a bit
Then feeling refreshed be bullish again XD.

kerafym

Activity: 224

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:15:23 AM

They can integrate bitcoin into their platform and add value rather that just selling bitcoin.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:19:14 AM

Are they based in New York? If not, they at least should have waited to trickle their dumping. I'm pretty sure the BitLicense is hurting the price more than Ethereum's dump.

I have not followed NY regulations closely. Can somebody please explain: if you live in New York, is there a reason to sell your btc before NY regulations will be introduced?
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

Are they based in New York? If not, they at least should have waited to trickle their dumping. I'm pretty sure the BitLicense is hurting the price more than Ethereum's dump.

I have not followed NY regulations closely. Can somebody please explain: if you live in New York, is there a reason to sell your btc before NY regulations will be introduced?

I don't tend to keep track of it myself but it seems to be a legal issue
Can check bitlegal to see why
It seems Circle would need to block new york as well as other companies.

Circle: BitLicense Would Force Us to Block New York Customers
Stan Higgins | Published on August 13, 2014 at 20:50 BST

Two top Circle executives have issued strong critiques of New York’s proposed bitcoin regulations.

In a new blog post, Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire says that the Boston-based bitcoin startup would move to block New York customers from using its service should the BitLicense proposal become law. His statement was echoed in a companion piece by company CTO Sean Neville.

Allaire is one of a growing crowd of industry leaders to weigh in on the controversial BitLicense system in recent weeks. Yet, Circle’s response marks one of the first times a bitcoin company executive has declared publicly that their business would refuse to provide services to New York customers because of the proposed regulatory framework.

The Circle CEO wrote in the blog post that the regulations are “technically impossible” to comply with, creating a radically more challenging environment for digital currency companies to operate in.

He concluded:

“Without some material changes, Circle will have no choice but to block New York customers from accessing our services.”

The full post included several proposals detailing how Allaire believes the BitLicense proposal could be made more inclusive, while better positioning the bitcoin industry for growth.

http://www.coindesk.com/circle-bitlicense-block-new-york-customers/

Can check out more at bitlegal then checking under USA by clicking on it.
http://bitlegal.net/

Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:41:55 AM

I don't tend to keep track of it myself but it seems to be a legal issue
Can check bitlegal to see why
It seems Circle would need to block new york as well as other companies.

Circle: BitLicense Would Force Us to Block New York Customers
Stan Higgins | Published on August 13, 2014 at 20:50 BST

Two top Circle executives have issued strong critiques of New York’s proposed bitcoin regulations.

In a new blog post, Circle CEO Jeremy Allaire says that the Boston-based bitcoin startup would move to block New York customers from using its service should the BitLicense proposal become law. His statement was echoed in a companion piece by company CTO Sean Neville.

Allaire is one of a growing crowd of industry leaders to weigh in on the controversial BitLicense system in recent weeks. Yet, Circle’s response marks one of the first times a bitcoin company executive has declared publicly that their business would refuse to provide services to New York customers because of the proposed regulatory framework.

The Circle CEO wrote in the blog post that the regulations are “technically impossible” to comply with, creating a radically more challenging environment for digital currency companies to operate in.

He concluded:

“Without some material changes, Circle will have no choice but to block New York customers from accessing our services.”

The full post included several proposals detailing how Allaire believes the BitLicense proposal could be made more inclusive, while better positioning the bitcoin industry for growth.

http://www.coindesk.com/circle-bitlicense-block-new-york-customers/

Can check out more at bitlegal then checking under USA by clicking on it.
http://bitlegal.net/

Aha, so the reason to sell now would be it is the last moment you can sell on exchanges? Thanks for the info, I was also considering it, but e.g. Coinbase should be still OK for New Yorkers, I think?
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:05:31 AM

Aha, so the reason to sell now would be it is the last moment you can sell on exchanges? Thanks for the info, I was also considering it, but e.g. Coinbase should be still OK for New Yorkers, I think?

I guess that sounds about right and no news from Coinbase on their stance on this issue to my knowledge.
I'm guessing no it should be OK for new yorkers since they are in discussions with paypal.
http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-subsidiary-braintee-talks-coinbase-accept-bitcoin/

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:09:13 AM

Well so it seems like localbitcoins new york will have alot of work.. people will keep buying and selling bitcoins no matter if the big exchanges block NY customers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: