Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum & BitShares Partnership?  (Read 4373 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 05:32:46 AM

Bitshares has always changed what it wanted to be and what it is.  The dev is smart but always seems to be a few months behind and constantly changing directions midstream. 

Ethereum I expected better of, I wish I hadn't bought any Ether now.  If Vitalik doesn't know what the hell he wants Ethereum to be by now after all those conferences and speeches then I am really worried for Ethereum. 

Seriously, both of these projects have already taken peoples money and now want to completely re-envision themselves, that just shows weak leadership and people that don't have vision.  Jobs or Gates or Musk didn't ever redo a product like that, they came out with a vision, saw it to the end and after it was in market started working on the next big thing. 

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:39:17 AM

I have never possessed any coin that had an IPO etc.
That is clearly some other guy who used my name here..

I am not kidding or lying etc either.. if any exchange staff has proof of me owning any of these coins feel free to post it.
and add the IP address too ..i'd like to know who is pretending to be me LOL
never heard that before (about the list) doesn't surprise me though.

not going to keep harping that is not my style around here.. the distribution model is my chief complaint on this and similar
and rather than harp on and on about here i posted and tried to keep it light and bumped another topic about IPO's to redirect the talk elsewhere.
I commented then bumped the other topic/Poll..
this topic = Today at 05:30:35 PM
other topic = Today at 05:37:27 PM
Do you think coins with IPO/premines will succeed and be popular/mainstream?

FUD first & ask questions later™
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:53:56 PM

Good point. At least you are being more amicable now than your other Nxt friends. I really don't get the hatred that most Nxt users seem to have against Bitshares and Ethereum. I do not own any crypto currencies at the moment, so all of my opinions are as close to honest opinions as I can get, but I fear others are more worried about their personal agendas and what will make them the most rich. I discuss ALT coins out of genuine interest and the will to see them improved upon, mainly for academic purposes.

Honestly, I see great potential in Nxt, Ethereum, AND Bitshares. We as an ALT coin community... Arguably the Front runners in the cryptocoin 2.0 wars work together, much more will come of it rather than fighting all the time. I haven't really seen Eth/Bitshares supporters dogging on Nxt, why do you guys feel the need to? You guys say that Eth/Bitshares is scared of Nxt, but it kind of looks like it's the other way around...

I think all three have great potential. it is bad enough to have the Bitcoin/Litecoin nut hungers against us, we don't need more enemies than are necessary.

Well, I care about the tech and how much it helps people. Anything else is just senseless.

Personally, I consider BitShares a clone of Nxt and Nxt Concept and therefore see not advantages over it.
Personally, I feel Turing-completeness is not required for 80% of all the financial and social use-cases. So, implementing a system with many downsides (we discussed those internally and on nxtforum) might be an overkill and will require further discussion and improvements. I think that is a reason why Ethereum needs that much funding to implement their idea (conceptually as well as technically).

So, personally, I feel the up-coming Smart-Contract feature of Nxt will outperform both BitShares and Ethereum on the social/financial side as well as on the technical side. Simplicity beats mostly anything.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:54:41 PM

Of course collaborating is always a good thing for both sides. However, I feel because this is due to the money. I guess people would act differently if it were about something else.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:30:44 PM

Bitshares has always changed what it wanted to be and what it is.  The dev is smart but always seems to be a few months behind and constantly changing directions midstream.  

Ethereum I expected better of, I wish I hadn't bought any Ether now.  If Vitalik doesn't know what the hell he wants Ethereum to be by now after all those conferences and speeches then I am really worried for Ethereum.  

Seriously, both of these projects have already taken peoples money and now want to completely re-envision themselves, that just shows weak leadership and people that don't have vision.  Jobs or Gates or Musk didn't ever redo a product like that, they came out with a vision, saw it to the end and after it was in market started working on the next big thing.  

I bought $0 Ether.  I knew from the beginning that it a questionable project.  It is often forgotten but in January they had a brief IPO (which was rescinded due to Ontario law on crowd funding) where they stated on that Bitcoin Foundation forum where they wanted a $30 million IPO and that their project was in the conceptual phase.

Looks it was rebooted after Maidsafe, as Vitalik and company were probably smacking at the lips of making their own fortune.  Ethereum is now based in Switzerland (at least according to their website but then why do they supposedly have an office in Uganda?)

The whole Ethereum project is reinventing the wheel and not even a particularly good reinvention.  It took a good decade to work out the bugs in Java and C++ and to educate a generation of developers to program in that language.  Ethereum language is going to have problems and it won't have any developers for awhile (so who will program the ecosystem?).

As well what is the flipping point?  I need an algorithm to replace bankers - not an algorithm for a faster than light warp drive.  Bitcoin already accomplishes this but Bitcoin has slow confirmations, limited ecosystem and I feel there is a conceptual issue in mining and how it was distributed.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

right Ethereum might have just been a too grand idea to begin with.  cool? yes.  but absolutely needed in that form? no

tetrac

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:21:43 PM

Bitshares cracked the BitUSD issue with collateral positing. Nicely done!
TinEye

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:47:44 PM

Ethereum is looking into Bitshares now. All the money raised seems stupid now, they could have just partnered from the start.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: