Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GB] $ GreenBacks $ ~ A Complete Currency & Infrastructure ~  (Read 224546 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

Few things preventing me from investing, consider as question I have for the dev:

1: Anyone stake yet? Not sure if POS is officially on or not yet because of the PoW 0 subsidy blocks.
If there's a problem with the staking, I can possibly show why, but until there is a public problem, I won't say anything as it could be considered FUD if it's working fine. So don't read into this quite yet.

2: Live roadmap on the website. It's out of chronological order and hard to follow because of that. Simple things like this prevent me from investing. Don't care about potential if the dev(s) can't get little things right.

3: If the dev plans on opening a real legitimate business, why be anonymous anywhere? Especially with a credit card in the works? Banks or credit financial institutions won't back an anonymous creator.

4: POD -- 5 Pods: No time for notary? Wtf? Takes 5 minutes at a bank to do. Walk or get on a bicycle or take public transportation or have a friend drive. I don't buy it.

5: Is the source code public? Didn't see it on the OP, forgive me if it's there.

Instead of trying to create some concerns, why don't you spend your time on your dying Orangecoin?
Attacking other coins by a team member of other coin is awkward

I'm doing everything I can for OC, thanks for the mention. But that's not why I'm here. If you knew me, you'd know I've been around a long time and I'm involved in more than just OC. I am not attacking either. I am asking questions making points for the dev to answer. Bring your anti-fud to the real fud when it comes.

Good day Halofire,

We have some answers to you:

1. Stake started on block 25920. Block 27000 will be the Last PoW block supporting the network with 0 reward. you can check that there are some PoS blocks already generated at http://chainz.cryptoid.info/gb/

2. Checked and Fixed

3. Give time to the time... we'll be taking the necessary steps with financial institutions to build this kind of services

4. Do not judge people without knowing how is their day to day life

5. it is https://github.com/greenbackscurrency/greenbacks

Thanks for your questions

Thanks for the reply.

For #4, I wasn't judging you, or I'd say your lazy or incapable or scream scam for the mountaintop. If you're planning on opening a business, you may want to seek the 5th POD. 80% isn't what people want, but that's partially Cryptoasian's problem for not allowing a finer PoD like 10 out of 10 PODS. Lifestyle is too generalized of an answer -- if you can't get to a bank or post office, then how will you be able to run a successful business? Internet only takes someone so far before they have to leave the house, you will have to leave the house to register the business anyway, and get a notary for that too Wink That's where I'm coming from. So will you be obtaining the 5th POD?

For the PoS and public git: I'd already found it (edit: on my own) and that's why I was asking if it was public or not. I noticed in the code that the coin age is written like this: 8*60*60. Only other coin I've seen like that was THEO and well.... their POS is really screwed up. Everywhere else I've looked so far has been written like this: 60*60*8 -- using your numbers to show the example.
seconds * minutes * hours * days and so on. If its math and multiplication, then your code is fine, but if the order makes a difference, your PoS will be botched too. THEO had the same exact numbers in the code written as well. So you see why I asked that.

I apologize if I came on too strong, I apologize. But with all the scams, you can see why I've grilled you more than most people have or will. PoD is only a tool to help people, but does not mean they shouldn't do their own research. You should be happy that you have people like me seriously looking at your coin, so you can provide great answers to reinforce your position! Wink

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
ownerbest

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

We think the coin is growing because our team is very active, we are currently at a nice low value that has been semi-stable, and we're releasing new developments shortly. Looks like some people we're able to get out around 900s, those coins have been transferred to stronger hands now. Don't forget that staking has started, and there is 10% interest.
What's the new development about?

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
Spartan10

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:40:24 PM

We think the coin is growing because our team is very active, we are currently at a nice low value that has been semi-stable, and we're releasing new developments shortly. Looks like some people we're able to get out around 900s, those coins have been transferred to stronger hands now. Don't forget that staking has started, and there is 10% interest.

Could you public your name? Be transparent, cloakcoin didn't and see what happened with this coin.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:41:27 PM

I hope it's going very high, but don't be too optimistic talking about 50k.
I saw many decent coin that claim to reach 700k or more, and then they dumped after 300k.
Dont say random values, just because you're excited to be in.

lol we have 20million coins you must be crazy 50k
what you mean? you believe we could reach 50k or not?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
GreenBacksTeam (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:56:09 PM

Few things preventing me from investing, consider as question I have for the dev:

1: Anyone stake yet? Not sure if POS is officially on or not yet because of the PoW 0 subsidy blocks.
If there's a problem with the staking, I can possibly show why, but until there is a public problem, I won't say anything as it could be considered FUD if it's working fine. So don't read into this quite yet.

2: Live roadmap on the website. It's out of chronological order and hard to follow because of that. Simple things like this prevent me from investing. Don't care about potential if the dev(s) can't get little things right.

3: If the dev plans on opening a real legitimate business, why be anonymous anywhere? Especially with a credit card in the works? Banks or credit financial institutions won't back an anonymous creator.

4: POD -- 5 Pods: No time for notary? Wtf? Takes 5 minutes at a bank to do. Walk or get on a bicycle or take public transportation or have a friend drive. I don't buy it.

5: Is the source code public? Didn't see it on the OP, forgive me if it's there.

Instead of trying to create some concerns, why don't you spend your time on your dying Orangecoin?
Attacking other coins by a team member of other coin is awkward

I'm doing everything I can for OC, thanks for the mention. But that's not why I'm here. If you knew me, you'd know I've been around a long time and I'm involved in more than just OC. I am not attacking either. I am asking questions making points for the dev to answer. Bring your anti-fud to the real fud when it comes.

Good day Halofire,

We have some answers to you:

1. Stake started on block 25920. Block 27000 will be the Last PoW block supporting the network with 0 reward. you can check that there are some PoS blocks already generated at http://chainz.cryptoid.info/gb/

2. Checked and Fixed

3. Give time to the time... we'll be taking the necessary steps with financial institutions to build this kind of services

4. Do not judge people without knowing how is their day to day life

5. it is https://github.com/greenbackscurrency/greenbacks

Thanks for your questions

Thanks for the reply.

For #4, I wasn't judging you, or I'd say your lazy or incapable or scream scam for the mountaintop. If you're planning on opening a business, you may want to seek the 5th POD. 80% isn't what people want, but that's partially Cryptoasian's problem for not allowing a finer PoD like 10 out of 10 PODS. Lifestyle is too generalized of an answer -- if you can't get to a bank or post office, then how will you be able to run a successful business? Internet only takes someone so far before they have to leave the house, you will have to leave the house to register the business anyway, and get a notary for that too Wink That's where I'm coming from. So will you be obtaining the 5th POD?

For the PoS and public git: I'd already found it (edit: on my own) and that's why I was asking if it was public or not. I noticed in the code that the coin age is written like this: 8*60*60. Only other coin I've seen like that was THEO and well.... their POS is really screwed up. Everywhere else I've looked so far has been written like this: 60*60*8 -- using your numbers to show the example.
seconds * minutes * hours * days and so on. If its math and multiplication, then your code is fine, but if the order makes a difference, your PoS will be botched too. THEO had the same exact numbers in the code written as well. So you see why I asked that.

I apologize if I came on too strong, I apologize. But with all the scams, you can see why I've grilled you more than most people have or will. PoD is only a tool to help people, but does not mean they shouldn't do their own research. You should be happy that you have people like me seriously looking at your coin, so you can provide great answers to reinforce your position! Wink

Hello again Halofire,

We will talk with CryptoAsian about PoD this coming week

Thanks for verifying our code, we are glad to see people wanting to contribute with this project and yes, it's math and multiplication, so 8*60*60 is fine.

You're always welcome to give us your feedback or ask any question

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:57:47 PM

I dont think 50k is actually that ridiculous. It would be the equivalent of a coin with 1 million coins hitting $6 which happens.
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:02:57 PM

I have a transaction to my wallet that had been unconfirmed for 33 minutes?

Check time on my computer and check time transaction received in wallet long time no confirm what am I doing wrong

shrekster

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:05:54 PM

Hop on the train before its too late
GreenBacksTeam (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:06:24 PM

Check time on my computer and check time transaction received in wallet long time no confirm what am I doing wrong

confirmed now, right Wink?

parker928

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:08:16 PM

confirmed now, right Wink?

yes, like magic, literally right when I checked they confirmed. Cool.

Would you say i is unusual for a confirm to take that long? Could be because coin is so new not many wallets staking so it is harder for network to confirm blocks?

Also, what is he amount you have to stake in order to get a reward?
parker928

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:10:19 PM

also, I want to say this looks very promising and 1000 sat is insultingly undervalued,

with that being said, if this one ends up being a scam too, I will lose all faith in crypto

edit: just got an order filled at 900 for tenk GB. Whoever did that, thank you =)

Dev, very good job on this coin, thank you for making something that is not garbage
SumthngsWrong

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

also, I want to say this looks very promising and 1000 sat is insultingly undervalued,

with that being said, if this one ends up being a scam too, I will lose all faith in crypto

edit: just got an order filled at 900 for tenk GB. Whoever did that, thank you =)

Dev, very good job on this coin, thank you for making something that is not garbage

Seems people are scared to let us get to 1k- I've been breaking the rules and buying at ask prices to keep it going, and the sell amounts I clean out just keep popping back up. But I'll take that any day over a huge dump!
GreenBacksTeam (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:21:45 PM

You're welcome parker928

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:23:27 PM

This  looks  really  good

yolo
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:36:58 PM

Greenbacks is the best coin in a LONG time.

The Loyalty program sure looks interesting, much like SYNC. It gives people incentive to accumulate and hold for additional rewards.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:47:56 PM

I asked several questions earlier that probably got overlooked, but will ask them again.

As for the loyalty program, what is the approx. valuation for reward pts in fiat or buying power?
Rewards are fine, but without some valuation ahead of time, there may not be a point to accumulating in order to even join the loyalty program.

Have the top two tiers already been filled?

What is paying for the 'rewards'? Meaning are vendors eating the cost, or do you plan to simply take it from your own marketplace profits? It has to come from somewhere.

What sorts of items do you plan for the marketplace, and do you have vendors signed up already?

And if volume isn't especially high, how do you plan for the marketplace to work, or that debit card idea? Without volume, the coin couldn't sustain a whole lot of purchases on the marketplace nor that debit card, as it'd naturally kill the price of the coin if people spent it as planned.
GreenBacksTeam (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:55:57 PM

I asked several questions earlier that probably got overlooked, but will ask them again.

As for the loyalty program, what is the approx. valuation for reward pts in fiat or buying power?
Rewards are fine, but without some valuation ahead of time, there may not be a point to accumulating in order to even join the loyalty program.

What is paying for the 'rewards'? Meaning are vendors eating the cost, or do you plan to simply take it from your own marketplace profits? It has to come from somewhere.

What sorts of items do you plan for the marketplace, and do you have vendors signed up already?

And if volume isn't especially high, how do you plan for the marketplace to work, or that debit card idea? Without volume, the coin couldn't sustain a whole lot of purchases on the marketplace nor that debit card, as it'd naturally kill the price of the coin if people spent it as planned.

Sorry, I did read your post, but got side tracked. The valuation is still to be determined, this is a decision that will be made over the next couple of days when we start bringing people into the program.

So, that means that none of the tiers have been filled because we have not yet started accepting applications.

We are paying for the rewards, the cost of products that our loyalty members receive from their points is a cost we should fund.

The marketplace will take time to develop, but it will have a very large range of products that should include most everything from shoes->electronics.

Volume is a legitimate concern, but we are the ones running the marketplace, so we will be the ones receiving the GreenBacks. What we can confirm is that we won't do anything to kill the market such as dumping. We are also hoping that by then, volume and marketcap will be higher, though this is not a guarantee.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:09:49 PM

Sorry, I did read your post, but got side tracked. The valuation is still to be determined, this is a decision that will be made over the next couple of days when we start bringing people into the program.

So, that means that none of the tiers have been filled because we have not yet started accepting applications.

We are paying for the rewards, the cost of products that our loyalty members receive from their points is a cost we should fund.

The marketplace will take time to develop, but it will have a very large range of products that should include most everything from shoes->electronics.

Volume is a legitimate concern, but we are the ones running the marketplace, so we will be the ones receiving the GreenBacks. What we can confirm is that we won't do anything to kill the market such as dumping. We are also hoping that by then, volume and marketcap will be higher, though this is not a guarantee.

Great I can't find the email and info for the reward tiers where do I find this info again so I can send in a request. Smiley. I love this coin!

Great we staked our first babies too!!!

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:11:42 PM

Thanks for the response.

If you get a lot of applicants, any chance of increasing the available spots available, or perhaps creating a different tier? Just wondering what occurs if you get like double the number of folks applying as there are spots... or more... would probably result in a pretty major dump if too many folks apply, as only so many would get accepted.

So long as you keep some of the ipo funds tucked away for a rainy day, you can handle marketplace volume most likely. I suggest looking at how Noble has handled it, as I wondered how they took in sales... they don't automatically turn noble back into btc with each sale. So long as marketplace sales are capped or on the small side, you can get away with that.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:14:18 PM

Thanks for the response.

If you get a lot of applicants, any chance of increasing the available spots available, or perhaps creating a different tier? Just wondering what occurs if you get like double the number of folks applying as there are spots... or more... would probably result in a pretty major dump if too many folks apply, as only so many would get accepted.

So long as you keep some of the ipo funds tucked away for a rainy day, you can handle marketplace volume most likely. I suggest looking at how Noble has handled it, as I wondered how they took in sales... they don't automatically turn noble back into btc with each sale. So long as marketplace sales are capped or on the small side, you can get away with that.

Some pretty sound ideas here. Also more people staking in their wallets, less coins to be dumped, price rises.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: