Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:55:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Loan for community in mountains  (Read 5166 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:00:18 PM

Me and some friends interested in starting a community of canvas tents out in the Appalachian mountains.  The goal is to create a tribe like voluntary structure where each member contributes to the community, while living sustainably and in synchronization with nature.  This project would help demonstrate the ease, efficiency and effectiveness of living in state free communities and working with those around you instead of competing them.  It would show people another way of living, a minimized yet comfortable way to live in harmony with the world and those around you.

Tents would cost around $100-150 month to sustain development and expenses such as the land.  We would ask that each person that joins the community brings what they can to contribute to the cause, whether it's a skill, useful materials or otherwise.  The community is not made for us to sit around and relax all day - although when it is time to relax, it will be quite nice in the environment - we will be working and producing what we can to help as many people as possible.

We would grow organic foods, I would be raising chickens for their eggs and selling them locally around the area.  I would like to distribute other whole foods and items, including pottery and furniture.

This would be a spiritual community where each person who lives there is on the path to better their own mind, spirit and health.  This would be a place for those who seek to learn more about their existence, a safe haven for the awakening and awakened.  It will be my goal to teach others the knowledge and wisdom I know and to ultimately share the power I hold - complete peace no matter what may be happening or who may be attempting harm unto you.  If you feel true peace, no one can do you any harm.  My psychologist (who is open minded and in tune with the spiritual nature of life) told me a story of a girl that was about to be raped, but she felt complete peace so the rapist couldn't get himself to do it.  To the perpetrator, the only thing scarier than fear is someone who shows no fear in the abundance of great amounts of it.

This community would give me the environment to write the Tale of Dank in an optimal atmosphere to ensure the book is written as well and as deeply as it possibly could be.  Sales of the book would help fund the community and fulfill financial obligations.

Energy would be collected via solar panels that would be shared amongst the members.  There would be a central bathroom that is shared to minimize expenses and footprint of the community.  Water would be collected from either a nearby stream, a well or rainwater collected from a sheet metal roof into a 250 gallon tank (depending on the land available and cost).

Each tent would come with a small wood burning stove to keep them warm through the winter months to come.  The size of the tents range from 133 sqft, 210 sqft and 304 sqft.

Ultimately, the impact this community could have on the world could be revolutionary to those who hear of it.  It will show the world working proof of another way of living.  A way that doesn't involve war, a way that doesn't subject the 'low' class to committing the deeds of those 'above' them.  A way where we are truly free, not bound by a schedule or the will of someone else for monetary pay.  A way where you work because you believe in the work you're doing, not because you need it to get by.  A way where humans can finally reconnect with nature and one another.  A way where we can live self sufficiently and sustainably - our current path is not the least bit sustainable.

I would also have the opportunity to record and produce music in this community.  The better the set and setting, the better the music.  I would be able to release two to three albums I have planned, one being a collaboration with Aggressively Passive.  Hopefully I would then be able to perform around the local area and back towards home around Raleigh.  The music would raise awareness for the words I sing and the music festival.

This community would provide the foundation needed to have the ascension festival in a near time frame.

Look, I understand that hoarding bitcoin in the hopes of making it big one day is a very enticing idea, but we have to realize something; bitcoin got to where it is today because it offered an idea.  An idea that blasphemed state oppression.  An idea that removed our dependence on central authorities and all that comes with them.  An idea that brought us closer to a free market.  Bitcoin gave people hope for a better world, though the truth is, money will never change the world.  People change the world.  Only once we release from our obsession with greed can the world actually be changed.  If everyone keeps waiting for others to make the change in the world that we could so badly use - it will never happen.  Ideas of a better world mean little unless they are practiced and executed into reality.

I've attached a spreadsheet giving a brief overview of the expenses and revenue.  It's malleable for change in variables including land and community size.  Also, I've found tent stoves for a much lower price but I've left it the same to reflect the higher end scenario.

Thank you for your time.

http://www.filedropper.com/community

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:23:54 AM

Oh boy... another Dank thread yay!

I guess this is the part where we're
supposed to tell you pay back Squall
before you ask for another loan.

And then, lets see...oh yeah, then
I guess someone should mention the plan is crazy
and has no chance and making an ROI,
and why would anyone lend that much
money to hippies.

Ok, done Smiley

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:26:16 AM

Why don't you do something other than shill?

You're not talking about the idea the topic portrays, you're ridiculing with absolutely no basis for anything you say.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
bbeesley

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

I understand you asking for funding for what you consider a great idea but I fail to see why you are reaching out to the "bitcoin community" to do so.

It seems to me that the greatest benefit would be to the members who live in the community you propose

perhaps you would be best served in seeking their investment since they would see any return?

1A3vU4r4typS1jNFfaJjvm77ZHMtqEvB4F
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:39:37 AM

I'm seeking to create a community, I do not know of any communities like this in the area.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:40:24 AM

Why don't you do something other than shill?

You're not talking about the idea the topic portrays, you're ridiculing with absolutely no basis for anything you say.

Because a ridiculous request deserves to be answered in kind.  
Surely you didn't expect a serious response from anyone
here, after all your shenanigans.  You just want attention.
I guess you deserve a little attention because you keep
posting entertainment for us.

As for your idea, its in the realm of the absurd.  
Create a "self sustaining" community...by asking
for a loan?   Cheesy  No thanks.    People who can
be really self-sustaining are already doing so.
Maybe you should seek them out.

If you really want to beg for money, look into
government grants... there's all kinds of BS they
give money for... i'm sure you'll get money
from them faster than from us.

bbeesley

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:41:45 AM

I'm seeking to create a community, I do not know of any communities like this in the area.

good for you...but you still don't address why we should invest

if we were living there, I would understand but as an outsider, there is no observable benefit

I would suggest you seek investment from those wishing to occupy the tents in your "community"

1A3vU4r4typS1jNFfaJjvm77ZHMtqEvB4F
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:51:28 AM

Same ol' story with a different twist. Dank, stop lying to yourself. You're not asking for a loan, what you're doing is begging, because you know if anyone gave you money, you won't be paying it back.

Your sales pitch is too long  Wink

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:57:37 AM

You know, I really had no expectations of getting this loan fulfilled.  At a minimum, I wanted to share an idea with the world.  This is how we should be living.  Our way on life is completely unsustainable and is leading to the destruction of our planet.

Those Native Americans we slaughtered when we came over and stole their land had a much better lifestyle than we do now.

good for you...but you still don't address why we should invest

if we were living there, I would understand but as an outsider, there is no observable benefit

I would suggest you seek investment from those wishing to occupy the tents in your "community"

The spreadsheet demonstrates approximately $1400/month revenue off a $40,000 investment.  Allocation of funds can be discussed with anyone who may be interested.

Moreso, this is an idea that would actually put bitcoins to work.  Bitcoin has absolutely no value if every person that has them is hoarding them in the hopes of getting rich - there's no economy behind it, no commerce, no trade, no progression.  You all want bitcoin to be a prospering currency/commodity, yet little people do anything other than create websites and business that profit off the very concept of the currency.

This is exactly the problem with currencies and greed - someone can have a great idea that will better the world and human beings, but it will never take off because it's not 'profitable' enough.  Yet those that fathom deceptive schemes that earn gross amounts of money get funded and boosted into society, because all that matters to those involved is profit.  We are trading quality of life, even the presence of life (big pharma) for monetary gain.  We value fancy cars or giant homes more than human life.  We value our materials more than ourselves, and for what?  So others will think a certain way about you?  When will we start thinking highly of ourselves?  Capitalism and monetary systems retard humanity's progression as a species.

Stop looking in your wallet to see what's profitable, look into your soul.  What you can profit in your soul - inner peace - is infinitely more valuable than any amount of money you profit with.

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:01:48 AM

Dank will be the village chief and teach the community to ask a loan without collateral
seandaniel

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Make Love Not War

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:38:09 AM

Dank will be the village chief and teach the community to ask a loan without collateral
No!

Vote dank for Mayor! haha!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:02:32 AM

someone can have a great idea that will better the world and human beings, but it will never take off because it's not 'profitable' enough. 

Yep.  That's the way a society improves through the free market.  You have to provide trade-able value to others.
Nothing wrong with charitable works and random acts of kindness, of course.  If you want to give me some
Bitcoins, I'll accept them graciously.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:30:53 AM

Dank. You should take about 20mg of 25b-nBOME and think this plan over.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:23:45 PM

I found 20 acres of land going for 400 a month as a rental.  I could get this community going for $10,000, starting with 5 rental tents.  At $15,000 we could have 12 tents up and making anywhere up to $1500/month income - meaning the loan could be paid back within a year and a half to two years.

At $20,000 we could have 18 tents up generating around $2500/month.  If we only subtract enough money for the cost of the land, the loan could be paid off within a year.

Interest would be on your terms.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:25:17 PM

That's not true.  You're not even making payments on your existing loan.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:31:29 PM

I found 20 acres of land going for 400 a month as a rental.  I could get this community going for $10,000, starting with 5 rental tents.  At $15,000 we could have 12 tents up and making anywhere up to $1500/month income - meaning the loan could be paid back within a year and a half to two years.

At $20,000 we could have 18 tents up generating around $2500/month.  If we only subtract enough money for the cost of the land, the loan could be paid off within a year.

Have you ever successfully executed a business plan before?

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:36:40 PM

scamming business

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:42:05 PM

This is in the wrong section. This belongs in Of Topic since your asking for donations, not a loan.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:49:37 PM

well, that was yet another nice read. Smiley
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:25:39 AM

That's not true.  You're not even making payments on your existing loan.

If I had an income I would be.

Yes, but I stopped when I was scammed for $500, twice, and unable to proceed, thus being unable to fulfill the obligation with squall.

This is in the wrong section. This belongs in Of Topic since your asking for donations, not a loan.

No, I am asking for a loan.

Why do you guys feel the need to troll?  Are you filled with so much hate that you will do whatever you can to stop dank from succeeding, or are you filled with so much fear to lose your precious illusionary 'control' over your life, or even to admit that dank is right?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: