Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOW COST PET FILAMENT FOR 3D PRINTING  (Read 1131 times)
neoivan1987 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:46:04 AM

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/low-cost-pet-filament-for-3d-printing

https://twitter.com/PetFilament3dP

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Low-Cost-Pet-Filament-for-3d-Printing/323199577845586

https://blockchain.info/es/address/1NHZLJneUv5QR6bEiDEQPvfY4PHRFRZC14

When you buy a 3d printer you discover a world where only your creativity sets the limits. However, we have to consider the costs involved in using a 3D printer.

One of the most significant costs in the use of 3D printers is filament which have cost between 20 to 50 $ for each Kg according to product quality (for PLA or ABS Filament).

So, is it better to buy a RecycleBot Kit, Filabot or Filastruder?

Some people say that one way to cut costs is to buy a filament extruder and Pellets (of PLA, ABS or other)  but we are not all experts and buy a extrusion kit does not guarantee that the filament produced have the quality needed for a good 3d print. A minimum change in temperature, humidity and composition of the pellets affect the quality of the extruded filament.

You also have to invest 300$ to 900$ for a kit and additionally you must add the power consumption of the extruder, installation cost, cost of abs or pla pellets (from  10$/Kg). And you must have a ventilated and secure are because high temperatures and emission of toxic gases are generated when you extrude plastic. Your room is dangerous.

The solution: PET Filament

Instead of using PLA or ABS filament we can use one with similar properties in our 3D printers.

I have developed a filament based on PET. It's easy to print and you don't need a heated bed.

It has the following features:

3d printing @ 230°C
You can print at 90mm​​/s. Similar to print with PLA
Light color. It has properties of transparency (Glass-Like)
Price 5$/Kg
Quality guaranteed filament. We use virgin PET pellets.
You can use it in any 3d printer as Makerbot, Reprap, PrintrBot, etc.
This project is about to start manufacturing PET Filament on a larger scale to reduce production costs and offer low cost filament to consumers. We also want to have a test lab to check the quality of the filament.

I want to develop this project, not to get rich, i want to build a small company where you and me will get a low cost filament and we can apply our knowledge of engineering and 3d print.

Later, also produce PLA and ABS filament to diversify production.

Production will be in Venezuela and this gives an advantage of low-cost raw materials as oil and derivatives that we need to produce the filament. On the other hand the cost of electricity here in Venezuela is $ 0.03 / KW, the lowest in the continent.

YOU GET (ABOUT PERKS)

You can select these options:

- PET FILAMENT SPOOL 1 KG (1.75mm or 3mm) $15
- PET FILAMENT SPOOL(s) 2 KG (1.75mm or 3mm) $25
- PET FILAMENT SPOOL(s) 5 KG (1.75mm or 3mm) $55

World wide shipping included. You will get your filament spools and a sheet with the most important info about printing with this pet filament (General Settings and Tips).

You will be informed of the course of work and the date of delivery. Please support and make this project a reality. Thank you!

Other ways you can help
You can help us spread this campaign to all your friends on facebook, twitter and other social networks

Thanks for your help

We accept donations
Bitcoin Address 1NHZLJneUv5QR6bEiDEQPvfY4PHRFRZC14
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:08:03 AM

I print with ABS i get from china. I pay 15.50 per kg shipped but I have to order 6 rolls to get that price. I would be interested in seeing some prints done with this, If you have some please post. Also is there color options? Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: