Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:41:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamondback  (Read 11119 times)
unittester

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:18:35 PM

Any selling point for Diamondback ?
mere-mortal (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:39:45 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 03:39:53 PM by mere-mortal

Any selling point for Diamondback ?

Do you mean how much is it worth or what makes it attractive.
pepi

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:58:39 PM

There is no selling point. Because you cannot sell it. There is no market, so there is no price.  My advice is: mining it , make 50-100 and then leave it.
If coin become dead, you will lost one or two day of mining.
If coin get good price, diff will rise and you will have it already.
Makers of those coins have vision on long time period. My only vision now is to sell it and get few $ to pay electricity and to get few $ left.
But with this slow marketing, only one or two pool with few miners those coins have no future, and in 15-20 days nobody will rememberer it.
deathchuck

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:41:30 AM

Totaly agree with pepi, if DBK have no exchange then DBK will die soon, miners will left mining soon and i think around few day next, nobody remember Diamondback in cryptocurrency's world.

Dev, pls do something to bring DBK on Bittrex or Poloniex. You can look DuckNote now.

33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 03:56:58 AM

Totaly agree with pepi, if DBK have no exchange then DBK will die soon, miners will left mining soon and i think around few day next, nobody remember Diamondback in cryptocurrency's world.

Dev, pls do something to bring DBK on Bittrex or Poloniex. You can look DuckNote now.
I don't thing anyone understands how this works.

ducknote went several weeks if not almost 2 months before being listed, and it had high network hash rate.
Coins are not just added to exchanges when released.

They are only added if they have a solid community and stable network hash rate.  Once that happens then a coin might be listed, if that doesn't happen then its not.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
pepi

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:34:51 AM

I don't thing anyone understands how this works.

ducknote went several weeks if not almost 2 months before being listed, and it had high network hash rate.
Coins are not just added to exchanges when released.

They are only added if they have a solid community and stable network hash rate.  Once that happens then a coin might be listed, if that doesn't happen then its not.

Because this statement your pool will be without any worker Smiley
Even your are right, maker of those coins dont have any intend , not even write one word about finding market for those coins. Coins without market are useless, and price is zero.  Every coin can go to some market even day or two after launch. Thats heapen with many X11,SCRYPt.... coins... So dont say coins need stable hash rate.... and second with this promotion ( zero promotion at all) coin is dead. You say for silverback : I will not use my 15 KH/s for coin that is not proven .
So what else is needed?
pepi

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:38:26 AM

Also I look at hash rate of Diamondback
Whole network has  18.57 KH/sec and difficulty is 7302465
for similar coin hash rate is 25.60 KH/sec but difficulty is  1572766 or Diamond back with lower hash rate has 6.5 TIMES bigger diff.
I think there adjustment is needed on Dimamodback
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:14:29 AM

It is difficult to get a crypto on an exchange if there is no Block explorer, I have asked in a previous post for the community, to visit available Block explorer sites and threads, and state your case, if more people do it then it will be seen as a viable thing to do. Operators are constantly being asked by devs to add things, It cost nothing, even less than the effort it takes to write a negative post. There are so few if any cryptos out there that leave opportunity for early adoption and growth. If you look at the Alt coin announcement thread, it is pure marketing, an anybody with pre existing Hashing power has an immediate advantage.

I think a look at the positives is also necessary. But I also understand that in the current fickle cryptoshere that an arrogant and nonplussed attitude from the Dev is quickly Ignored, So I am making the efforts and pushing things as best as I can.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:20:07 AM

I checked the rules, it seems to be OK to talk about block explorers.

It would be a great help if people from the community could visit this thread and post you wishes to include Diamondback on their website, or visit the website and send message through contact

This is necessary to start approaching exchanges, so lets make it happen.

I am not trying to get everything done by others, I just don't want to make all the decisions like some autocrat with no regard.
deathchuck

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:25:20 AM

DBK is really good coin. Hard to mine, daemon blockchain sync good and fast, no error. Diamondback have a good pool support (Extremepool). Payment good and fast.
I think no reason that's DBK still no exchange now.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:55:04 AM

DBK is really good coin. Hard to mine, daemon blockchain sync good and fast, no error. Diamondback have a good pool support (Extremepool). Payment good and fast.

You post on chainradar is appreciated, as the fact that readytorock is working on an explorer is great news

ta
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:57:57 AM

At the risk of stating the obvious, exchanges will need to have a block explorer for security reasons, and to use as proof or settle any disputes that can come up.
pepi

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:11:36 AM

Agree with you except one thing : diff it TOO HIGH for network hash rate. Neither dev or pool owner do nothing about that.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:40:30 AM

Agree with you except one thing : diff it TOO HIGH for network hash rate. Neither dev or pool owner do nothing about that.

This is a difficult one Cheesy

Seriously though, any adjustment or tweeking will quickly be undone by Network hash Increase. I have been in discussion and am trying to get Diamondback onto more pools. this will immediatly level the playing feild.
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:24:47 PM

what would you possibly except a pool owner to do about this? lol

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:32:41 AM

The way Diamondback and Silverback were designed or as follows.

The will be +/-1000 times more Silver than Diamond, Diamondback has 3 decimals. So there is no attraction for mining satoshis This is designed to make Mining harder and the reward more valuable. It creates a distinct value difference.

The difficulty is slowly creeping down and will stabilize. It will always go up faster than it comes down.
mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:28:37 AM

To be a truly independent crypto economy is the main ambition and what separates the cryptos on what for now is known as the Outback. To create and build a base to build on that will not follow the same route as before requires a new outlook.

For the past week or so I have been working on creating a marketplace that is unique. It requires a departure from what has become the norm and therefore I need to have all the pieces on place.

I have been exploring the idea of having time zone trading floors(exchanges). What does that mean?

With current technology, it would seem logical to have a single exchange that is automated and online 24/7, I believe having trading floors that open and close have many advantages.

Firstly, every floor is cleared at the end of trading, meaning that nobody can store or leave their cryptos in storage.
Secondally, managing and executing withdrawals and deposits. This can be done in a more hands on way and issues can be dealt with in near real time.

Both of the above can also serve as an added layer of security. The Outback will not have closed doors to Established cryptos or fiat, as well as Nxt. The Trading floors will also need to fill the function of gateways.

As in the real world, There will be an opening time and a closing time, and there will be a slight overlap.

There will have to be a heavy vetting processes, to get 3 or 4 safe trading floors, but will start with one and expand from there. 

This week there was some positive news regarding a block explorer, And once I have ironed the finer details I will post a more detailed roadmap for making this possible.
deathchuck

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:46:25 AM

Yeah dev, we must have roadmap and development plan.

mere-mortal (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:39:43 PM

Perhaps the following will be acceptable.

I have the most too loose if there are any discrepancies in trades that may go wrong. So I will start a thread on the marketing section of Altcoins.

You can pm me and let me know what and how much you would like to trade. Or you can post it on the thread.

If through pm an agreement is reached on a trade, the interested parties’ pm me.

The seller sends me the Diamond or Silverbacks. I then confirm to the Purchaser that I have received agreed amount

The purchaser sends me his payment crypto of choice, I would say the crypto with a web wallet would be best.

If it is not above 20 Diamondback or 20 000 Silverback I will guarantee the sale to the purchaser. If I need to leave that amount in escrow somewhere that is fine.

Its straight forward escrow, but escrow services won’t work without Block explorer. The amount I leave in escrow as guarantee, should be easy to do without need for explorer.

Thoughts?

Silverbacks and Diamondbacks form the backbone of the outback, they are the go between Existing Altcoins and ideally will be available on multiple exchanges. They should be what people see as investing in the economy. It is important to start getting a value for them.
deathchuck

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:48:17 PM

Pls do it dev, i will follow you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: