Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In Pictures: The Best New Games at Gamescom 2014  (Read 846 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:30:21 AM

In Pictures: The Best New Games at Gamescom 2014

http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/664-gamescom2014-battlefield-hardline-sims4.html

<< The days are getting shorter again, and summer break is slowly drawing to a close. It's right about time for the game industry to send out yearly invitations for a look at brand-new offerings to to carry us through the grey days ahead. Yes, folks, we're talking about Gamescom, and as usual, this event has garnered a lot of interest, and is consequently sold out. For those who didn’t manage to get a ticket, or can't make the trip all the way to Cologne, Germany, we’re putting the fresh new games on display right here. Let’s take a look what the game developers have come up with to glue us to our monitors in the months to come. >>
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:56:25 PM

Some interesting new stuff coming out with nice eye candy.  I wish 4K would get standardized already so I could enjoy some of these new offerings with insane renderings.
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Some interesting new stuff coming out with nice eye candy.  I wish 4K would get standardized already so I could enjoy some of these new offerings with insane renderings.

The number of people that have access to hardware that can properly render and display 4k is so incredibly small at this point. Standardization of 4k is nothing more than a dream at the present.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
specgamer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:53:56 AM

Hopefully these games don't turn out like.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:17:01 AM

I can't be polite about games like this, every time I see this lineup it bores the shit out of me the games developers need to get their act together.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:00:04 AM

Btw what's the problem with Watch Dogs?I've never acutally played the game but it seemed rather good by what I saw as a trailer.I liked the gameplay and the graphics,although the system requirements were really high.Anyone who played it?

Varicon

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:55:31 AM

Keen for Hardline, but Battlefield is becoming a quick-release game like Call of Duty, BF4 was only just released and I don't see why we need a new game already.

But I guess that's EA.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:12:36 AM

The sophisticated new Sims editor makes it possible to recreate yourself in the game

Seems like you could have some fun with that  Cheesy
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:24:06 AM

Is it just me or is the gaming industry getting lazier and losing ideas so they are recycling other games? I just wish they remake some awesome ps1 games like nightmare creatures or RE2, instead of making genetic look-alike games.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:33:15 AM

Is it just me or is the gaming industry getting lazier and losing ideas so they are recycling other games? I just wish they remake some awesome ps1 games like nightmare creatures or RE2, instead of making genetic look-alike games.

Doesn't seem to be just the gaming industry. Movie industry is the same way. Remakes and reboots all the time. Once every few years one original title comes along
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:20:46 PM

Doesn't seem to be just the gaming industry. Movie industry is the same way. Remakes and reboots all the time. Once every few years one original title comes along

Totally not just you, even Yahtzee has been complaining about the lack of good games and angryjoe isn't even bothering to make many review videos, I thought it was just me as well but then I had a look around, they're either just blatantly giving up or are moving over to the crappy console market. To be honest I think this would be an awesome thing, if more games developers take the route of some developers and go pure console that leaves the PC market wide open for indie developers, I'll be glad to be rid of these wankers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: