Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:24:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And after this profitable sell-off...  (Read 2932 times)
Wandererfromthenorth (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:20:48 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 09:44:17 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

Hi guys, few days ago I told you to sell/open shorts at around $570-$550, because we were breaking important trend lines, and told you that we were going much lower,I gave targets for around $500-$470 and they were perfectly hit a lot sooner than expected.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737054.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:23:37 PM

Great advice. I am jazzed. But definitely be careful. Let's make money, team!!! Wooooooooooooohoooooo!!!!
Schickeria

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:35:35 PM

It could form a gartley, but I doubt it. I bought few peanuts of coins, but one should not get overexcited. I think we'll see more down.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:42:39 PM

Some buying going on, a stronger bounce than the ones we had so far since the drop. Another possible indication that the bottom we saw is the definite bottom.

The bounce is not very strong - although much better than the previous one. And still more than 20 millions USd in longs on 'Finex Sad. I think we have at least one more leg down
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:44:50 PM

Some buying going on, a stronger bounce than the ones we had so far since the drop. Another possible indication that the bottom we saw is the definite bottom.

The bounce is not very strong - although much better than the previous one. And still more than 20 millions USd in longs on 'Finex Sad. I think we have at least one more leg down

Keep dreaming/shorting, pretty soon you´re going to have bad nightmares.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
fusioncoins

Activity: 590

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:45:45 PM

I think we need to wait at least 2 week to see a real change.

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

Many "mights" in there.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

I am not so sure. The current sell off is not based on technical indicators nor is it based on news. It is most likely based on the fact that too much margin has been used so people are being forced to close out their long positions. Once margin levels go to lower levels then the selling pressure will likely slow and price increases can resume. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:51:06 PM

If this is mostly triggered because of the IPO Ethereum cashout we'll see a recover soon. After the MT Gox cashout fraud the recovery was rather quick.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 06:52:18 PM

+1

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:16:29 PM

If this is mostly triggered because of the IPO Ethereum cashout we'll see a recover soon. After the MT Gox cashout fraud the recovery was rather quick.

Is there enough volume to justify this explanation?

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:51:14 PM

There are many sentences about Ethereum cashout in the forum, but no one has evidence of that, they just keep repeating it.
Maybe is true, I don't really know, but can someone provide any evidence?
BTCfan1

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

There are many sentences about Ethereum cashout in the forum, but no one has evidence of that, they just keep repeating it.

yeah id like some concrete proof as well
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

Traders are in this game now. And traders love waves so they can buy and sell often. Trades don't about going to the moon and instead get turned on by roller coaster rides.

Be careful and get yourself some good charts with indicators on it. Its a chop-chop world in BTC now.
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:20:09 PM

Yup. I'd say at least one more...I'm enjoying watching the show. It is a lot easier to explain what is happening than most will admit. The big money is going to run this market up and down as long as they can, to shake all the loose coin from greedy pockets - before they let this rocket take off. Could be quite a while longer until all the casual money is out of the game, and only the fanatics remain. (kinda rhymes)....Then there will be no choice but to buy.  Wink
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:27:01 PM

that's what this place has become. one person makes some ridiculous bold claim to justify why the price isn't moving in the direction they want, and then dozens more people blindly repeat it as if it's some unique and insightful information. but it's straight up bullshit every time. recent examples:

this sell off is caused by the etherum cash out!
this sell off is GABI manipulating the market to buy cheap coins!
this sell off is caused by all the traders who want cash for their annual summer sabbaticals! (the dumbest one of all)

if they just looked past this with an open mind and realized that the price is falling because there are more sellers than buyers, and long term holders are getting impatient, that would ruin the whole narrative that bitcoin is destined to take over the world. so they choose to make up bullshit instead.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

Yup. I'd say at least one more...I'm enjoying watching the show. It is a lot easier to explain what is happening than most will admit. The big money is going to run this market up and down as long as they can, to shake all the loose coin from greedy pockets - before they let this rocket take off. Could be quite a while longer until all the casual money is out of the game, and only the fanatics remain. (kinda rhymes)....Then there will be no choice but to buy.  Wink

I have to admit it is always fun watching people fall for the good ole dump fake.    I expect this type of thing to take place over a longer period of time and much like the way you described.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:59:32 PM

that's what this place has become. one person makes some ridiculous bold claim to justify why the price isn't moving in the direction they want, and then dozens more people blindly repeat it as if it's some unique and insightful information. but it's straight up bullshit every time. recent examples:

this sell off is caused by the etherum cash out!
this sell off is GABI manipulating the market to buy cheap coins!
this sell off is caused by all the traders who want cash for their annual summer sabbaticals! (the dumbest one of all)

if they just looked past this with an open mind and realized that the price is falling because there are more sellers than buyers, and long term holders are getting impatient, that would ruin the whole narrative that bitcoin is destined to take over the world. so they choose to make up bullshit instead.

I've been in agreement with you throughout the week and we definitely need to change our image (the Bitcoin community/exchanges/etc.) if we are going to get popular adoption (actual people) rather than just retailers on board.

That said, price really ought to go up, now. Some people lost their leverage in margin calls, but a lot of it was just leverage being closed. Now that we have a steady bottom they'll releverage... and then leverage upon leverage. We'll be seeing 600s before 400s, again, I believe. That is a very short-term view, though.

In the long-term, all of the talk about $10k+ is just somebody selling magic beans.
tooil

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:30:01 AM

The coin movement from their wallet is apparently enough for some people to believe that.
Buo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:36:55 AM

The coin movement from their wallet is apparently enough for some people to believe that.

If they haven't mixed the bitcoins through exchanges or mixing services, maybe someone can trace them.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: