Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:01:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond Nxt  (Read 1659 times)
Lee_Ding_Duc (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

Soured on Nxt:

I liked Nxt, it's interface, and its Asset Exchange; however, they mentioned "encrypted messages."

I assumed that meant messages were private. I find that they are not encrypted, but totally public. Grievous. Not even email is public. Makes me want to puke on Nxt.

Now, they have that 50M blowout with Bter.

Bter offered $50,000 for 50M coins, which is a deal value of $.001 per coin.

At 5% of the total Nxt that would be a market cap value of $1 million.

If one looked at Nxt earnings, and gave it a generous multiple, it's market cap would be $2-5 million.

The generosity of Nxt coin users dried up fast. I got the cold shoulder from that community many times, once and for all, after posting a suggestion to their 50M problem, and was banned, perhaps for pointing out that their market cap deal value is just $1 million.

Anyways, I'm not a developer. I know marketing. I'd like a new Nxt-like coin with distribution that builds usership.

Beyond Nxt:

It would go something like this:

1000 BTC raised would split 200M coins of 1 billion.

Building usership is done two ways:

Batch Rewards

6 batches of 50M coins would be released to existing users with 50+ coins, through some broadcast function, every time  usership triples, after 2000 initial users. This rewards spreading the word.

2000 community x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 = 1.458 million users.

(The Broadcast function would also make asset giveaways easy.)

Generous Faucet

A generous faucet let's people easily get started and stay with the coin. Let it leak 2000 coins per person.

It's so stupid that Nxt has one faucet with 2 coins coming out. It's a trickle. It's an insult. You can't do anything with that.

50 M faucet start 25,000 new accounts.
100 M faucet start 50,000 new accounts. That's more than what Nxt has now.
500 M faucet starts 250,000-5 million new accounts.

Notice that they would not be released without a new user, so they can't be dumped.

Coin is released organically with user interest. Even if a user dumped their coins, their effect is limited. 2000/1 billion or 2 millionths.

You can see how these two generosity methods would really boost usership, and that makes liquidity and the coin.

The Nxt group can't market. Their website is awful. It's embarrassing to refer people to it. I know it turns people off. They never get started, if they are new to crypto.

Most people do not have a weirdo-self-image; no one likes a website full of clutter and confusion, when they want information. They are easily suspicious of installing new software from weirdos. Getting info is always a struggle with Nxt and their disorganized site. It looks like fake buzz, begging for buzz, getting no buzz.

It should be a 1,2, 3, website. Get client. Get coins. Get info.

You're now in business.

User-ship has to be the #1 goal of any coin, from a marketing point of view.

There should be a generous, and easy, way to get coins and get started, just like email. People should want to refer a friend, "hey, you can get 2000 coins!"

Perhaps instead of a long password, a unique picture could be the password, some 100x100 dot. That's 10,000 pixels. You just drop it in. This might take care of security problems.

So, there you have it. A vision.

200 M coins to 1000 BTC contributors with 20% of the coins.
50   M coins released to users with 50 coins or more per account 6 times, when usership triples, 300 M (rewards early birds)

300 M coins released by faucet to build usership for 150,000 accounts (2000 coins).
100 M coins released by faucet to build usership for 500,000 accounts (200 coins)
100 M coins released by faucet to build usership for 5 million accounts (20 coins)

One can easily go viral to 2-5 million users with a generous faucet. Nxt has nothing to go viral.

That's the writing on the wall.

Simultaneously, a real bank can put "1 billion USD on demand by Swiss Bank X" on the AE. Then, you have a real commerce site using regular dollars and (an easy to get) transaction stamp coin to cheaply send money. 

Here is initial value of the coin in concept.

$500,000/ 1 billion coins would be $.0005 (200,000 coins per BTC)

$500,000/ 200 million coins is $.025 (200,000 x .025 = $5000)

If usership is a stand-in for transaction earnings, and thus market of value, at 1 cent per coin, 200,000 is $2000, which is nice versus $500/BTC.

At 5 cents per coin, that's $10,000.  So, that's 20 times angel BTC capital.

You won't be a millionaire, but no one on Nxt is really a millionaire, except in their own minds. With such low liquidity and usership, it's just imaginary.

By building a strong user-base, building from the bottom up, then there is interest and real liquidity. With a strong user-base, you don't need exchanges either. You might know a friend who can set you up with coins, and make private deals between friends. That's a real viral coin. It's among friends not authorities/exchanges.

I don't think a coin would be worth more than 5 cents, since the point of the coin is to send things cheaply. See the coin as a stamp. It should be easy to acquire coins to get started. It is not easy to get Nxt, if you are new to the bitcoin world. Even those who are long-time bitcoiners with accounts, exchanges are frustrating and take hours and days.

It is a giant pain in the ass to get Nxt. 

2000 coins is a great way to start a faucet and have a real coin giveaway that builds a community outwards.

The Asset Exchange is where the real value is. It's not the stamp, but the envelop and what's in it, that counts. The stamp should be easy to get.

Like I said, I'm not a developer, but wish I was. How much of Nxt can be easily lifted I don't know, nor do I know who is qualified or trustworthy. I'd hire the Nxt developers, for advice, but they seem unwilling to do that. Maybe they will jump ship soon.

Nxt is toast as an investment; it is spent in growing its user base. There is no push, even with new features, it tanked.

It's not viral. There is no 45 degree angle on new accounts. A real P/E on Nxt means a market cap 1/10th it is now. Stalled users/PE stall/cap collapse/death spiral. 

With Nxt supposedly open source, I don't know why a better coin doesn't come out. The potential is there.

If Bitcoin derivatives are "shitcoins," this Nxt derivative could be called a "pisscoin" in honor of the faucet.

Let me know of your interest. If there is interest, I'll give you 1000 Kisscoin for each BTC, and the new coins when released. This would become a project of the Tax Free Society.

I started Kisscoin on Nxt:  Kisscoin.US and the Tax Free City Project. Reach me there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:57:44 PM

great Thoughts!  Cheesy
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 05:35:28 PM

Intriguing thoughts. Just to warn you, though, Nxt is more difficult to clone properly than Bitcoin, Litecoin et. al. There's a fair bit more than tweaking a few parameters. The actual procedures are kind of a dark and secret art right now. You won't find a developer easily.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:44:43 PM

You should take a look at BitsharesX, CRYPTI and NEM .. All successors to NXT.

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:46:40 PM

I like the look of NEM. Most of it is a promise now, so we have to see if it actually delivers.

Haven't heard of CRYPTI.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Litoshi

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:48:02 PM

CRYPTI is the new and better NXT.  Best to buy it now on Bter while your money is still there. 

Litoshi

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:49:27 PM

I like the look of NEM. Most of it is a promise now, so we have to see if it actually delivers.

Haven't heard of CRYPTI.

CRYPTI, also known as XCR is available on Bter, right above NXT on your balance page.  Links are in the INFO tab

rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:55:22 PM

If you are worried about Anominity the only second generation coin that currently has a plan to be anonymous is Qora.
Lee_Ding_Duc (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:52:54 PM

Intriguing thoughts. Just to warn you, though, Nxt is more difficult to clone properly than Bitcoin, Litecoin et. al. There's a fair bit more than tweaking a few parameters. The actual procedures are kind of a dark and secret art right now. You won't find a developer easily.

Maybe those who put up initial 20 BTC for Nxt would release the developers and code from exclusive obligations for 20 BTC worth of the new coin. It's another way for them to get something for their investment and have a stake in the new coin.
Lee_Ding_Duc (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:54:49 PM

This chart shows the problem perfectly.

78% of available Nxt is owned by .3% of users, 9 months after the release; as if the coin was not released.

Now if they were smart, they would agree to compensate the little guys who got robbed and Bter, and forget about the robber, who you can thank for exposing Bter as another exchange gone bad.

This would solve the matter with good will and improve market depth in the long run. It's not ideal. A new coin with a real  distribution model, as suggested above, would make a much stronger coin. Transaction fees come with users. You can see their faulty method.

"Pinch a penny and loose a dollar." 

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

95% of accounts have less than 1% of the coin. Some giveaway. There is nothing to reward these users for bringing anyone new in, as the Batch release suggestion would.

There's no plan to create market depth or growth with Nxt. The market will leave this distribution for a better coin that combines better technology and better distribution. A one-legged coin can go only so far; eliminate the barrier to entry to get usage.

A coin that wins in the long-run is one that builds an ecosystem with low barrier to entry and ease of use.
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:06:53 PM

XCurrency has completely private, instant p2p encrypted messaging.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:21:44 PM

95% of accounts have less than 1% of the coin. Some giveaway. There is nothing to reward these users for bringing anyone new in, as the Batch release suggestion would.

to be honest those explores are always far from truth... eg. Mintpal owned 30% of al VRC and you saw that as 1 address while 1000+ was sharing same
adress
. In other direction BIG holders just spilit money into few adress and from 10% of all coins you have 20x0.05%  (holder want to show cool distrybution ).

So at end BLOCK explores show SHIT ! - yea realy can be manipulated in both ways so what counts : ) ??
- NUMBER of transactions/volume ? This can be more accurate but also easy to manipulate by bots.
So every data you can collect at end can is manipulated distribution / volume / number of trades.

PS: Volume in NXT always have been weakness of NXT at this point no one can argue.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

There's an advantage in NXT-styled distribution when creating an inflated capitalization as it gets your coin noticed and brings in people.  The downside is once you run out of hardcore crypto enthusiasts, you're left with trying to convince mainstreet Joe to invest his life savings' into a coin which has been robbed several times and is dominated by a dozen people who could dump and kill off the coin at any moment.

When you consider there are coins with capitalizations less than $2 million with more volume than NXT, NXT is extremely overvalued and has been a bubble for a long time.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Lee_Ding_Duc (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:44:58 PM

I did a math error up there.

.0025 x 200,000 = $500

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:56:24 AM

There's an advantage in NXT-styled distribution when creating an inflated capitalization as it gets your coin noticed and brings in people.  The downside is once you run out of hardcore crypto enthusiasts, you're left with trying to convince mainstreet Joe to invest his life savings' into a coin which has been robbed several times and is dominated by a dozen people who could dump and kill off the coin at any moment.

When you consider there are coins with capitalizations less than $2 million with more volume than NXT, NXT is extremely overvalued and has been a bubble for a long time.

Yes, NXT is the same price it was in March... and the NXT Exchange is a Ghost Town.

Not to mention that truly odorous THEME based on silly uber-geeks making stupid faces...
*** IT'S  A  F*CKING   INSULT  TO  ALL  ENGINEERS ***.

Maybe they can replace this insulting stereotype... with black people swinging from trees.

I would mention VIACoin as a real competitor here...
They have world class  talent on their team...
The software just works... and then the Golden Rule = VIA Kept It Simple.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:33:12 PM

Haven't heard of CRYPTI.

CRYPTI, also known as XCR is available on Bter, right above NXT on your balance page.  Links are in the INFO tab

I get that, but why is that any good? A few days back everyone was saying Qora was the next NXT but it turned out useless.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:44:34 PM

Haven't heard of CRYPTI.

CRYPTI, also known as XCR is available on Bter, right above NXT on your balance page.  Links are in the INFO tab

I get that, but why is that any good? A few days back everyone was saying Qora was the next NXT but it turned out useless.

I didn't even get that far.  Marketing 101 is having a name that people can actually pronounce, as nobody wants to feel intimidated.  On the initial thread of Qora there were people complaining about the name on the very first pages.

NXT name is recognizable and conveys an idea.  The only downside was pointed out by Tai Zen that "nxt" doesn't flow in an english conversation as the word next is used frequently in everyday conversation.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Jybrael

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:51:44 PM

They allow for forging coins..so the faucet is just the beginning..you can use the coins you earned there to help you forge more I think and transactions are how they give you more coins.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 01:26:03 AM

This chart shows the problem perfectly.

78% of available Nxt is owned by .3% of users, 9 months after the release; as if the coin was not released.

Now if they were smart, they would agree to compensate the little guys who got robbed and Bter, and forget about the robber, who you can thank for exposing Bter as another exchange gone bad.

This would solve the matter with good will and improve market depth in the long run. It's not ideal. A new coin with a real  distribution model, as suggested above, would make a much stronger coin. Transaction fees come with users. You can see their faulty method.

"Pinch a penny and loose a dollar." 

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/blockexplorer_distribution

There's no plan to create market depth or growth with Nxt. The market will leave this distribution for a better coin that combines better technology and better distribution. A one-legged coin can go only so far; eliminate the barrier to entry to get usage.

A coin that wins in the long-run is one that builds an ecosystem with low barrier to entry and ease of use.

Uhhhh....if that's the direction you're set on, you'll bump into turf that's already well covered by NEM. Better check it out.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Warfare2020

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:07:30 AM

i always thought that NXT is just a social experiment.If you have faith,just do it!

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VgyrAqyecP8VZvDyEtEcq9E5AMyZjrULqp
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: