Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesse Liver-no-more  (Read 13943 times)
Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:36:15 PM

What's your thoughts about Stealthcoin?

The price is increasing like crazy.
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:22:37 AM

Bought 25 JLcoin Smiley

Watch them graphs :p

Also, thoughts on ShadowCoin?
Capt Drake

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:58:30 AM

What's your thoughts about Stealthcoin?

The price is increasing like crazy.

I had a small piece of it on 7/27 and sold for 3x a couple days later (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg8059340#msg8059340).
It's incredibly thinly-traded (1 BTC can make that thing pop). I saw it's pop a week ago up to 4k, my guess then and now is that a large whale group decided to make Stealth their pump-and-dump flavor of the month because it's exhibiting all volume signs of heavy buyers with some significant selling every now and again. In fact, it looks to have had a pretty significant bout of selling about an hour ago which could loom over price for awhile. I wouldn't say we've seen the top; I liked their dev team for a reason and I'm sure if price breaks down now on heavier volume it'll be back up eventually.
JL

There's some kind of bot that fills the order book with tiny sell order's of 20 XST.
So that we can't see the order book completely, and when the price moves, you only see BUY orders in the market history :/
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:26:58 AM

It is good that you acknowledge the trust that people is open to put on you, I am hoping it will give you a reassurance feeling, that will go no doubt with some weight of responsibility.

Judging from your posts I guess that is what you feel, and that is exactly how it should be, meaning all goes on naturally hehe..

Eth.

EtherCoin

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:05:03 AM

First things first, I'm not selling any more JLTRADINGCOIN's until I can get the hang of things. Proceeds grew to just over 1 BTC pretty fast and I would like a couple days to figure this whole process out and get a rhythm on it before it gets ahead of me.

Well again, it shows two good things in my book, one having responsibility and the other a systematic procedure attempt. Again, both I like.

Second, as far as a true donation "fee" for me goes, I'll stick with a flat 5% of profits when I pay them out bi-weekly (every other week). I will also have a high-water mark like I mentioned whereby I'm not taking a "fee" unless we're making higher-highs and sending out profits. So I don't get any true benefit here unless the thing performs. I think it makes sense to post trades after-the-fact versus during just because I don't want to give any 'nefarious' folks a chance to dump on the JLTRADINGCOIN longs on purpose.

Sounds reasonable, agreed.

Lastly, I think since a couple of you are 'large fishes' so far in the JLTRADINGCOIN, instead of maintaining a twice-weekly window for withdrawals it'll be easiest at first to just PM me that you want to do a withdrawal and what amount.

You mean that we have to request the retrieval of the profit from the dividends of the successful trades or it is in case we want to sell our shares (the JLcoins themselves)?

Eventually it'd be cool to just let the ClearingHouse market exchange takeover for doing that (ie if you wanted to sell JLTRADINGCOIN you'd post a sell and wait for someone else to fulfill your sell. It would likely be at a discount to NAV).

I might be wrong, but I don't think anyone is even thinking about selling, we haven't even started lol.

Well this is how it should be IMO.
And with regards to withdrawals, the JLTRADINGCOIN will need to be priced at a NAV (Net Asset Value) that makes sense; so if profits go up and there are more assets for the same amount of JLTRADINGCOIN in the market, your JLTRADINGCOIN's are worth more than the 1 JL to 1 VIA exchange and if there are losses, your 1 JL would be worth less than 1 VIA.

Correct, but when will you start doing the correction in price, after [insert number here] successful trade operations closed? or what kind of formula would you apply to change the price, if you are meaning the JLCs that you still have on stock?

It would be cool to post a daily NAV of what exactly 1 JLTRADINGCOIN is worth in VIA. For now though it's pretty early to do that. Currently, though, since I liquidated the VIA earlier today and again a couple hours ago at higher VIA/BTC prices than where VIA/BTC is at now, there is a small gain of 2% (NAV is 1.02) and it's completely due to exchange rate benefit because I haven't taken on any position (yet) with the exchanged BTC.
Anyhow, I don't know about you guys but this is pretty freaking interesting so far. And it's only day one...

Watch VIA volatility. Drives me crazy, got to re-position so many times in this last 48h. Highly manipulated and hard to TA IMO.

And I just sent over the last 200 VIA buy-in, so that's 2,440 VIA withdrawn today and 2,414.887 JLTRADINGCOIN's purchased (I think 20 or so of my own personal VIA was withdrawn somewhere in there. Oops, oh well, no biggie).

Should be easy to check!

- Regarding my particular case, I am still waiting to see how this all mature, if i feel comfortable with the system you develop for sharing the dividends, I would invest another equal quantity or so in short term, who knows middle/long.

Oh and mastercoin didn't even enter in the club... I expect him to purchase way more than I am doing hehe.

Eth.
Bitdigital

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:49:35 AM

Okay good for me.
prospect

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:22:13 AM

Have been watching this thread for a week. Trying to do some analytics my self.. you seem alot more talented though. Will probably buy me some JLT.

Keep it up!
wom1979

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:17:10 AM

Introducing the JLTradingCoin on ClearingHouse (clearwallet.co).

I have created a ClearingHouse token with 100,000 total tokens and put 50,000 of them on the ClearingHouse Exchange. I will start the exchange rate at 1 VIAcoin for 1 JL coin. Going forward though I believe I will have to set the NAV based on each days asset appreciation and depreciation.
To purchase JLTRADINGCOIN's you first buy some VIA coin at Bittrex or Poloniex and then transfer into the clearwallet.co ClearingHouse site address. From there you just purchase as much JLTRADINGCOIN as you wish (at first I will stress that you should only send a minimal amount because I am going to figure out the best way of doing distributions, withdrawals and deposits) and I'll do a daily sweep of new buys and try to do a twice-weekly sweep of any JLTRADINGCOIN token sell orders.
My plan for now is to do a bi-weekly distribution of profits. All you have to do is hold JLTRADINGCOIN and the ClearingHouse system will automatically distribute VIAcoin to your address.

You Must Agree to these Risks before purchasing JLTRADINGCOIN:
1) This trading plan could absolutely fail and your principal could be lost. I REPEAT, DO NOT BUY AN AMOUNT THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE. I will not run off with your coins but I make no guarantee that I will be successful at this endeavor.
2) Due to the conversion to VIAcoin that is required, this endeavor is reliant upon the VIAcoin exchange rate staying steady.
3) I make no guarantees of performance whatsoever. Past performance is not a guarantee of future success. Do not forget that.
4) If something happens to me or incapacitates me I will be unable to purchase back anyone's JLTRADINGCOIN's if they want to withdraw. Additionally, I may be unable to do daily sweeps of any new buys. Additionally, if something severe happens I do not currently have a back-up plan yet in place. I will work on educating a family member of mine who is also heavily-invested in Bitcoin though, so he knows how to access my ClearingHouse account to perform any withdrawals.
5) I am not a financial advisor and make no claims as such. This topic on bitcointalk was solely made for educating and this JLTRADINGCOIN is solely an experiment in connecting a coin to trading activity.
6) I hate to do this one, but you must essentially think of this coin right now as a donation to me. Again, I will not run off with your coins (I am in fact in the process of pursuing someone who did run off with many of my Darkcoins, re: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.0;all) but to make this 'legal' I must insist that you treat this as a donation to me and I will treat any distribution and withdrawal back to you also as a donation to you. Having said that I hope you understand how much I do not want people to purchase large amounts of JLTRADINGCOIN right now. This is a fun and interesting experiment which one day could be huge!
7) I will post all trades after the fact now as soon as JLTRADINGCOIN's get bought.

Here we go!

JL

Edit: I will give the VIA coin address tomorrow where any purchased JL tokens go to. Additionally I will outline my fee for ''managing " and other things I forgot to mention above.

First things first, I'm not selling any more JLTRADINGCOIN's until I can get the hang of things. Proceeds grew to just over 1 BTC pretty fast and I would like a couple days to figure this whole process out and get a rhythm on it before it gets ahead of me.

Second, as far as a true donation "fee" for me goes, I'll stick with a flat 5% of profits when I pay them out bi-weekly (every other week). I will also have a high-water mark like I mentioned whereby I'm not taking a "fee" unless we're making higher-highs and sending out profits. So I don't get any true benefit here unless the thing performs. I think it makes sense to post trades after-the-fact versus during just because I don't want to give any 'nefarious' folks a chance to dump on the JLTRADINGCOIN longs on purpose.

Lastly, I think since a couple of you are 'large fishes' so far in the JLTRADINGCOIN, instead of maintaining a twice-weekly window for withdrawals it'll be easiest at first to just PM me that you want to do a withdrawal and what amount. I'll try to post the VIA buy at the JLTRADINGCOIN NAV then on ClearingHouse within 24 hours but likely sooner. I typically check out my PM's at least once a day and usually multiple times a day; same with this board. Eventually it'd be cool to just let the ClearingHouse market exchange takeover for doing that (ie if you wanted to sell JLTRADINGCOIN you'd post a sell and wait for someone else to fulfill your sell. It would likely be at a discount to NAV).
And with regards to withdrawals, the JLTRADINGCOIN will need to be priced at a NAV (Net Asset Value) that makes sense; so if profits go up and there are more assets for the same amount of JLTRADINGCOIN in the market, your JLTRADINGCOIN's are worth more than the 1 JL to 1 VIA exchange and if there are losses, your 1 JL would be worth less than 1 VIA.
It would be cool to post a daily NAV of what exactly 1 JLTRADINGCOIN is worth in VIA. For now though it's pretty early to do that. Currently, though, since I liquidated the VIA earlier today and again a couple hours ago at higher VIA/BTC prices than where VIA/BTC is at now, there is a small gain of 2% (NAV is 1.02) and it's completely due to exchange rate benefit because I haven't taken on any position (yet) with the exchanged BTC.
Anyhow, I don't know about you guys but this is pretty freaking interesting so far. And it's only day one...

And I just sent over the last 200 VIA buy-in, so that's 2,440 VIA withdrawn today and 2,414.887 JLTRADINGCOIN's purchased (I think 20 or so of my own personal VIA that I'm using to pay ClearingHouse fees was withdrawn somewhere in there. Oops, oh well, no biggie).
JL

This sounds very interesting and I would definitely like to purchase some JLTCs

Do you know when you will be opening shop again?

Cheers
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:24:33 AM

Interesting fact: JLTradingCoin is the first *real* world use of an asset on ClearingHouse. Lots of people went on a name squatting exercise (which is actually pointless IMO), but JLTradingCoin is actually being used seriously and even paying out dividends. This is excellent! Congrats!
Pansyfaust

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:34:59 PM

Interesting fact: JLTradingCoin is the first *real* world use of an asset on ClearingHouse. Lots of people went on a name squatting exercise (which is actually pointless IMO), but JLTradingCoin is actually being used seriously and even paying out dividends. This is excellent! Congrats!

Glad I was able to invest in both Viacoin and Jesse Smiley. Glad to be apart of the first real world asset on ClearingHouse.
wom1979

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:43:43 PM

Funds are currently in the midst of a volatile trade, so I rather not open it up with assets potentially whipsawing all over the place but NAV remaining constant. I will re-open it upon completion of this trade though, which might be in a couple days from now.
JL

I appreciate your honesty and fairness.
I have a 500VIA "donation" set aside for your fund.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Have a profitable weekend.

Cheers
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:16:16 PM

You Must Agree to these Risks before purchasing JLTRADINGCOIN:
1) This trading plan could absolutely fail and your principal could be lost.
2) this endeavor is reliant upon the VIAcoin exchange rate staying steady.
3) I make no guarantees of performance whatsoever.
4) If something happens to me or incapacitates me I will be unable to purchase back anyone's JLTRADINGCOIN's if they want to withdraw. Additionally, I may be unable to do daily sweeps of any new buys. Additionally, if something severe happens I do not currently have a back-up plan yet in place.
5) This topic on bitcointalk was solely made for educating and this JLTRADINGCOIN is solely an experiment
6) I hate to do this one, but you must essentially think of this coin right now as a donation to me... to make this 'legal' I must insist that you treat this as a donation to me

Maybe TradeFortress has left me paranoid, but that's quite a lot of "I don't need to return your coins" disclaimers.

Is your real identity known?
Are you in the WoT, or vouched for by any trustworthy community members?

Pansyfaust

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:21:59 PM

When will JLTcoin be available to buy again?  Grin

feel like I should put in another 25 or so just to have a nice rounded number...
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:27:16 AM

Is there a second market?
EtherCoin

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:37:21 AM

Is there a second market?
As soon as I figure out a simple and efficient way of posting a NAV, and also getting more buyers of the coin which would add liquidity, I think it'll allow for a flourishing second market.

Here's what I'm thinking short-term: As soon as I wrap up this trade (1-2 more days) I'd like to test out a distribution and then I'd like to open up the JLTRADINGCOIN issuance again and if I have time I'd like to amp up marketing of this thing. There is definitely a niche for a 'crypto portfolio' management-type services for those who don't have time to research all these cryptos or watch the charts.

Let me know in PM when you want to do so, i might be able to help in that aspect.

Furthermore, with the massive amounts of scam coins recently, and the overall bearish market, I think a lot of new money has become disillusioned with cryptos.

So true, that is why you should be extra careful, since the value of your issued asset is merely based in our trust on you as TA artist and trader.

I'm considering moving this over to the Announcement threads to get more eyeballs and I could pretty easily get some crypto-articles written about what I'm doing.

I strongly suggest you to do it only when all the procedures are finished, tested, possible bugs/problems polished, and optimally with already some positive results, so the argument will be a valid one to invest into, and most appealing to the main public.

Medium-term (1-3 months?) I'd like to sell out all of the initial 100k coins which would leave a decent-sized fund to trade with (40-50 BTC perhaps) and then I could easily start doing a daily NAV posting each evening (USA time).

Sounds great! Hopefully more than that. Please remember that your project is also helping VIA grow, since the only way to access to purchase the assets is XCH. Good choice IMO.

With daily NAV postings and more attention on it I imagine people would start asking for some sort of 3rd-part audit of funds just to make sure there wasn't really a ponzi-scheme going on (I hate to say it but I may have opened a Pandora's Box for all sorts of potential fraudsters to take advantage of).

Nicely thought, it is going to be requested soon or later as returns start to flow, 100% guarantee, so the sooner you are ready to adopt this procedure, the better/more professional image your project will give to investors.

Long-term (6-12+ months) I left coin issuance open-ended; so even though I set an initial limit of 100k coins I could raise that to whatever I feel I'm capable of trading, while also not completely becoming too big of a trader for the alternate crypto market.

Please be careful with this. Like you've said, is a long term step and many things will happen till we get to that point, but open-ended sounds to me like a high devaluation for the asset. My suggestion would be to let the 100k flow first for a while, if successful, the asset will greatly increase in value (due to shares limit:return ratio) and after that you can choose what is best, I am guessing that if you really come to the decision to increase the number of assets you will have to add value also, after all and even if this is a very experimental project (for crypto), please do realize that the actual investors are depositing VIAs based on the fact that there is a 100k limited shares.

If (hopefully) the time comes when you feel that the ±50 BTC operating funds are getting small, you could step up to a higher grade organization, a trading agency of some sort perhaps. If properly consolidated it could have a bright, bright future.

For now, let's see what the present give us.

Thanks for reading,

Eth.
hiddensphinx
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:18:41 AM

just an idea...JLTRADINGCOIN should have its own website so future investors can go there to get full info about it instead of relying on this forum

Take your Bitcoin and Altcoin trading strategy to another level with Trade Santa! - https://tradesanta.com/en/site/set-referral-cookie?referral_id=111843
EtherCoin

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:31:14 AM

I agree with all your good points, Eth, however I wouldn't call issuing more JLTRADINGCOIN's a 'devaluation' due to the fact that the coins, like an ETF or mutual fund, have an underlying asset backing it that is being used in trading and can be withdrawn theoretically at NAV. ETF's and mutual funds issue and destroy shares all the time but there is no devaluation and no inflation going on because there is an underlying asset (a basket of stocks). So hypothetically if I issued and sold 1,000,000 JLTRADINGCOIN's there would be no effect on the value or price of the coin at all. It would simply mean the size of the JLTRADINGCOIN asset pool is larger; NAV (assets/coins) would still be the exact same as if there was only 100 JLTRADINGCOIN's.
Basically, this is not at all like the other crypto-coins out there which will devalue with inflation if they issue more coins.

JL

Point taken, yes I was thinking more in "normal coin" parameters, didn't really count with the fact that the money collected from the token purchases will be also used to trade, therefore generating bigger dividends.

Eth.
Pansyfaust

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:09:00 PM

Like offering different risk packages with JLT coin?

I think it might get a bit complicated, especially if you have two sets of "clients" who are expecting returns. Lets say a long term trade doesn't pan out properly, but then the fewer short term trades make some headway- the people with stake in the longer-term trade might feel hard done by. Just a thought on possible outcomes....

Any other update with the original JLTcoin and dividends?
wom1979

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:59:16 PM

Like offering different risk packages with JLT coin?

I think it might get a bit complicated, especially if you have two sets of "clients" who are expecting returns. Lets say a long term trade doesn't pan out properly, but then the fewer short term trades make some headway- the people with stake in the longer-term trade might feel hard done by. Just a thought on possible outcomes....

Any other update with the original JLTcoin and dividends?

I agree

Would it not be beneficial to just split the portfollio into different risk segments which are governed buy the length of trade?  i.e 20% long-term 30% Medium term and 50% short-term etc...

I am fairly new to trading as such however that, to me, sounds more straightforward then the potential over complications of running two seperate schemes.  
The fact is if someone doesnt want to invest in the periods that JL stipulates are to be traded then they would need to find another system that works best for them.  

I have/had 3 orders of 100 VIA - i am unsure if they have filled as yet - i will be checking later.  Looking forward to reviewing progress in a months time.

Good luck  

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:13:03 AM

What impact will Foreign Account Tax Compliance have on the price of Bitcoin and adoption by whales?

In particular:

* Does this bring non-US Bitcoin exchanges and other businesses into the reach of US regulators?

* Will whales avoid Bitcoin because they can't exchange on liquid overseas services?

* Is this a big blow for Litecoin?

We saw that when the online gaming ban was introduced, executives at stock market listed casino operators from the UK were arrested when they travelled to the USA, because US citizens had accessed overseas online casinos.

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Corporations/Foreign-Account-Tax-Compliance-Act-FATCA
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: