Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesse Liver-no-more  (Read 13943 times)
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:18:06 PM

Markets moving quite a bit today, hopefully Jesse traded well Smiley
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:17:25 PM

LXC and VIA going down like that... mh.

Not looking good )

Im travelling atm, but still follow the thread, ninja style.

Eth.
tricass

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:32:07 AM

Reading through BobsSurplus pump and dump scheme it appears his group was responsible for the XST pump like I kind of figured.

Looking at volume signatures and price on XST there were definite signs of when his pump started and then the dump started....you can't camouflage a bunch of whales all buying and selling an illiquid crypto over the course of many days...

Anyhow, no need to pay his, IMO, exorbitant 'club' fee of 1 or 2 BTC he demands.... Just buy some JLCoins.
JL

loved the graph. is there a rule you stick to for when to trade out of a rising position? like out a percentage based one or do you watch for a change in the trend?

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:50:47 AM

Hi , I am confused, clearwallet is all empty, no buys/sells at all..
what did I miss...     erm   Lips sealed I have my coins there and dunno what's going on .

cheers

I think JL said he pulled his sell orders. if you want to buy more he said to PM him. If you own jltradingcoins they should be visible under "My Balances".

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:52:20 AM

loved the graph. is there a rule you stick to for when to trade out of a rising position? like out a percentage based one or do you watch for a change in the trend?

Initially I have the targets in mind, which are typically previous recently-made close-by spike-up highs, followed by further out spike-up highs further in the past on volume.
If, however, the position has a ridiculously high amount of volume in its rise, like higher volume than has been seen in the recent past, I stick it out and wait for a sell signal to form in the form of red volume candles following large green candle spike-ups.
If you look at the calls I made in XC, VRC and CLOAK you can see the large red volume candles which developed after large green candles. The large red candles were essentially the whale-pumpers finishing getting out of the position while the newbie traders were buying in large amounts at the precise wrong time. During that time you also see the sentiment on the BCT forum for the coin suddenly turn into 'we're the next Bitcoin' and other ridiculously bullish sentiments.  
It's very much an art-form if the position has this kind of momentum whereas the initial target is pretty scientific and simple. Hopefully this all makes sense.

JL

makes sense. thanks for sharing.

AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:30:13 AM

Initially I have the targets in mind, which are typically previous recently-made close-by spike-up highs, followed by further out spike-up highs further in the past on volume.
If, however, the position has a ridiculously high amount of volume in its rise, like higher volume than has been seen in the recent past, I stick it out and wait for a sell signal to form in the form of red volume candles following large green candle spike-ups.
If you look at the calls I made in XC, VRC and CLOAK you can see the large red volume candles which developed after large green candles. The large red candles were essentially the whale-pumpers finishing getting out of the position while the newbie traders were buying in large amounts at the precise wrong time. During that time you also see the sentiment on the BCT forum for the coin suddenly turn into 'we're the next Bitcoin' and other ridiculously bullish sentiments.  
It's very much an art-form if the position has this kind of momentum whereas the initial target is pretty scientific and simple. Hopefully this all makes sense.

JL

All newbie traders should watch this thread. Shut up and learn from JL.
Btw the whale-pumpers will start to hate you, JL.

Thanks for your insightful comment.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:53:31 PM

Its just too bad you can't short any of these alt-coins, would be such easy money.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:19:52 AM

Grin

I wanna see how this thread plays out.

EDIT: BTW, that was not us that spiked xst as you have circled on that chart. That was all the great pumper MrNet.

No credit goes to us for that masterpiece.

bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:36:43 PM

Bobs next pump is dogecoin - I called it first. 
profitofthegods

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

Just saw your post in the counterparty thread and I'm interested.

Do you have any information on past performance, either in terms of growth or dividends, or is it too early for that?
tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:11:04 AM

DISTRIBUTION ALERT: JUST SENT OUT .13428269 VIA per JLTRADINGCOIN due to a profitable trade. Please check your Clearwallet to confirm this transaction.

I am still in a large chunk of this trade but will release full details when the trade is through.

Before this distribution, Net Asset Value was at 1.335. This distribution represented .1 of NAV so now NAV stands at 1.235 at Clearwallet (1.235 VIA buys you 1 JLCOIN).

JL

Nice numbers! Nothing wrong with taking profits. Looking forward to see if i get free carried on my initial purchase of JLCOIN.

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:41:20 AM

DISTRIBUTION ALERT: JUST SENT OUT .13428269 VIA per JLTRADINGCOIN due to a profitable trade. Please check your Clearwallet to confirm this transaction.

I am still in a large chunk of this trade but will release full details when the trade is through.

Before this distribution, Net Asset Value was at 1.335. This distribution represented .1 of NAV so now NAV stands at 1.235 at Clearwallet (1.235 VIA buys you 1 JLCOIN).

JL

Nice numbers! Nothing wrong with taking profits. Looking forward to see if i get free carried on my initial purchase of JLCOIN.

Confirmed transaction received. Thanks.

tricass

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:26:41 AM

JL

Confirmed transaction received. Thanks.

I had to use a VIA coin block explorer to see the transaction. The clearwallet explicitly states it does not show VIA coin transactions and the balance history doesn't refresh when you select the VIA coin option when using the drop down list.

Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:05:40 AM

Got the transaction. Awesome Smiley

However, I'm still not able to buy more JLT coin. I PM'ed you regarding buying some, you said you had put more up on the 12th, but I was still not able to buy any.
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 08:45:00 AM

JL

Sent out .062843 BTC per 1 JLTRADINGCOIN on the CounterWallet platform.
NAV there at CounterWallet was at 1.07 but will now be at 1.01 after this distribution (in other words, VIA dropping in value these past 2 weeks caused the JLTRADINGCOINs at Clearwallet to have a nice bump up higher in NAV due to exchange rate of VIA dropping).

I am also opening up the JLTRADINGCOIN's at the CounterWallet platform for purchase at a NAV of 1.01 if anyone would like to purchase additional JLTRADINGCOINs.
Unfortunately, Clearwallet is still buggy when it comes to order-matching so all purchases must be done on CounterWallet with BTC for now.
JL

I didn't receive the distribution on CounterParty. Was there a minimum amount I need to own to get a payment or something?
dutchbtc

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:37:48 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:49:43 AM by dutchbtc

Awesome. Received a little over 20 VIA on my 150 JLTRADINGCOIN. It doesn't show up in my history. I needed to look at the block explorer. I'd love to buy some more but orders not showing up in clearwallet. Hopefully Drak takes care of this when he gets back.
profitofthegods

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

JL

Sent out .062843 BTC per 1 JLTRADINGCOIN on the CounterWallet platform.
NAV there at CounterWallet was at 1.07 but will now be at 1.01 after this distribution (in other words, VIA dropping in value these past 2 weeks caused the JLTRADINGCOINs at Clearwallet to have a nice bump up higher in NAV due to exchange rate of VIA dropping).

I am also opening up the JLTRADINGCOIN's at the CounterWallet platform for purchase at a NAV of 1.01 if anyone would like to purchase additional JLTRADINGCOINs.
Unfortunately, Clearwallet is still buggy when it comes to order-matching so all purchases must be done on CounterWallet with BTC for now.
JL

I didn't receive the distribution on CounterParty. Was there a minimum amount I need to own to get a payment or something?

Weird, blockchain shows it (https://blockchain.info/address/15JPMEVaYsiQ4bizvoxwsn2ijweYPWNVqL). Is it there now? Did it take awhile?

Sorry, I did receive it. Apparently CounterWallet excludes BTC transactions from the 'recent transactions' tab in account history; I didn't realize that so when i didn't see it listed I assumed I hadn't got it. Thanks!  Smiley
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:26:34 PM

Clear wallet NAV at 1.3 this morning. I'm going to try yet again to see if the coin-trading issue has been resolved yet so I'm putting 10k for sale at 1.3 VIA per 1 JL coin.
JL

Doesn't look like btcdrak has fixed the ClearWallet order matching yet because I don't see these 10,000 JL Coins for sale on the JLTRADINGCOIN order book still. Not cool.

JL

Edit: NAV is getting volatile, so I'm taking down JL Coin sells for now until things chill out.
I tried to buy this morning at nav 1.1 and then I cancelled after 4 hours.  The strange thing is that I originally transferred 210 via coins and now there is only 207.899 VIA  Does the wallet take coins for every cancelled transaction or what.  This is the first time I used this clearwater wallet and asset purchasing so I am unfamiliar on how this works.
Thanks
Ray
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:28:40 PM

JL

Received. Thanks!

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
abomnibus

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:53:16 AM

I was wondering why the inactivity with VIA and Clearwallet, did some snooping around to see that drakbtc is in meetings in London now, he posted (below) on VIAcoin thread.  I've been using clearwallet and it's obviously broken right now, but hope we can remain patient while he's over there working away on the project.

Hi everyone,

As you know I'm in London with Peter Todd. There's a lot going on and it's hard to communicate much like I used to. Having lots of meetings and making lots of new connections. Peter and Amir were guest speakers on the Ethereum panel. It was a nice experience with a nice crowd. Seems quite a few people have heard of Viacoin which was interesting for me. In any case I'm going to be in London until at least Wednesday and therefore not as active as I would like online. We've also got a lot of work to do but I'll at least tweet occasionally from @viacoin and @btcdrak and if possible write something in this thread.

There are some pretty epic developments in terms of technology and things we can explore with viacoin. Looks like there are some more really interesting OP codes to add to the scripting language for viacoin. The blockchain notary code is done, but I still need to merge this in. I obviously need some quality time to do so.

Anyway, have a nice weekend.

Drak
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: