Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:19:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Daemon Problems  (Read 777 times)
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 07:37:40 PM

Hello,
I am writing a automated scripts for people, and for both fluttercoin and dogecoin, sendfrom always returns an error and the script fails. I do the exact same call in the wallet, and it works, but when it is called from another source it doesn't work. It works for things like gettransaction, getinfo, listaccounts, stuff like that, but for sendfrom() it doesn't work. Reading the bitcoin API reference, it says that sendfrom requires an unlocked wallet, but the wallet doesn't have a password on it. Do I need to make a password and then at runtime do walletpassphrase? I know that for a blockchain rpc you need a second password and you need to do walletpassphrase(secondpassword) at runtime to be able to use locked calls.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:39:15 AM

Hello,
I am writing a automated scripts for people, and for both fluttercoin and dogecoin, sendfrom always returns an error and the script fails. I do the exact same call in the wallet, and it works, but when it is called from another source it doesn't work. It works for things like gettransaction, getinfo, listaccounts, stuff like that, but for sendfrom() it doesn't work. Reading the bitcoin API reference, it says that sendfrom requires an unlocked wallet, but the wallet doesn't have a password on it. Do I need to make a password and then at runtime do walletpassphrase? I know that for a blockchain rpc you need a second password and you need to do walletpassphrase(secondpassword) at runtime to be able to use locked calls.

If the wallet does not have a wallet password used to encrypt your wallet.dat (as opposed to an rpcpassword which all wallet clients need) then you do not need to use walletpassphrase.

I would check your input carefully on you 'sendfrom' call. I have experienced problems from various languages when the rpc input was not exactly what the wallet client was expecting. For example make sure the <amount> input is actually a float etc.

Does 'sendtoaddress' work?
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 02:57:06 AM

Hello,

If the wallet does not have a wallet password used to encrypt your wallet.dat (as opposed to an rpcpassword which all wallet clients need) then you do not need to use walletpassphrase.

I would check your input carefully on you 'sendfrom' call. I have experienced problems from various languages when the rpc input was not exactly what the wallet client was expecting. For example make sure the <amount> input is actually a float etc.

Does 'sendtoaddress' work?
Im an idiot. I think it had to be a float. Json rpc client is trash cause it doesn't display an error code. Just can't connect which is misleading

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: