Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send money to Bitstamp from India?  (Read 4000 times)
cryptdrift (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:31:48 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 06:44:07 AM by cryptdrift

I've been researching about sending money to bitstamp to make a deposit from India, I haven't found a straight forward solution.

what are some working and easy ways to send money to bitstamp from India.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 09:40:27 PM

I've been researching about sending money to bitstamp to make a deposit from India, I haven't found a straight forward solution.

Thanks.
If you are from India and  your ultimate goal is buying bitcoin better choose some local Indian exchange like unocoin or use local bitcoin or I prefer btc-e they have lots of deposit options like Perfectmoney , okpay etc..!

cryptdrift (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:48:04 AM

The only reason for me to consider Bitstamp is their exchange price, which seems much lower compared to any other option out there.
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:07:04 AM

The only reason for me to consider Bitstamp is their exchange price, which seems much lower compared to any other option out there.
Just so you know, there are fees levied by your bank towards INR to usd conversion and wiring the money, and then some fee charged by bit stamps bank to accept the wite and process it. Make sure you know how much these cost before you send across the deposit.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

shahadil

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:45:17 AM

Just so you know, there are fees levied by your bank towards INR to usd conversion and wiring the money, and then some fee charged by bit stamps bank to accept the wite and process it. Make sure you know how much these cost before you send across the deposit.

also all of this will be applicable when the bank actually agrees to send the money across. as an ordinary indian citizen there is no legitimate reason for you to be sending money across to bitstamp, as it doesnt fall in any of the categories allowed by RBI for remittance purpose. (categoreis include education, medical reasons, etc.)

However, as a business entity you may send money across, but i believe for that you need an invoice or something of that sort from them that you are transferring money for a purchase. However, how you will show it as an import because if the money went out, you need to show something has come into the country.

The only legal way as such to send an unlimited amount of money to anyone outside india is by credit card.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:16:29 AM

Thanks.
If you are from India and  your ultimate goal is buying bitcoin better choose some local Indian exchange like unocoin or use local bitcoin or I prefer btc-e they have lots of deposit options like Perfectmoney , okpay etc..!

Hey, it would be good knowledge sharing if you could let us know the steps you take while trading with BTC-E. What mode of payment you use it, how you do that, how long it takes if deposited to BTC-E A/c and vice versa etc.

Will be helpful for non-techies or say normal layman to understand atleast the process how this international trading works.

Thanks in advance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: