Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:02:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Supercoin is fundamentally broken - read why inside and save yourself money  (Read 3599 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:30:00 PM

Are you all afraid that supercoin could kill 99% of altcoins and make a new standar in crypto world or what?

You're a denigrating a coin where price is between 1-3k and market volume is one of the lowest ever regarding anon coin.
So, why all this posts again a coin that is at bottom of most altcoin?

There are coins on bittrex like Eutopium,solecoin,quantum2,shadowcoin etc etc that got 20 times more value and volume market that supercoin, and all is focusing only on supercoin.

So,you're fudding a coin at 2k. I can understand if this coin were quoted 80k-140k....but at this prices...this really make no sense at all.

Supercoin got a daily volume of about 0.8btc a day x exchange(pump and dump period apart).
So,why posting all this stuff about a little coin as supercoin?

this thread was started because you have idiots in your community that picked a stupid fight against the XC community (which is 10x larger than Super's) and spread FUD about our coin and  this thread was more of a retaliation. Our community is usually very good and for such a large community, we have relatively few people that like to go around and stir the pot. However, the self-moderated thread about XC made by a Supercoin investor was pathetic with most of XC's posts being deleted only leaving FUD comments for the entire community to see. On top of that,  the MAMM dev accused our dev of cheating, we had Supercoin investors come in and call XC a scam, a cheat, liars....pretty much anything to defame XC. After a few days of arguing, and dealing with constant bullshit in the self moderated thread (and it was obvious Supercoin investors was trying to skew the story by looking like we didn't have any legitimate responses to their inquiries, however we did and they were constantly deleted), many XC investors were aggravated beyond belief and one opened this thread, just to sort of 'balance the bullshit'.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:05:04 AM

Supercoin Q&A by the supercoindev has been posted.
Hopefully it'll clear up some technical misunderstandings.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736705.msg8426652#msg8426652

Rnbin

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:01:03 AM

Are you all afraid that supercoin could kill 99% of altcoins and make a new standar in crypto world or what?

You're a denigrating a coin where price is between 1-3k and market volume is one of the lowest ever regarding anon coin.

There are coins on bittrex like Eutopium,solecoin,quantum2,shadowcoin etc etc that got 20 times more value and volume market that supercoin, and all is focusing only on supercoin.

So,you're fudding a coin at 2k. I can understand if this coin were quoted 80k-140k....but at this prices...this really make no sense at all.

Supercoin got a daily volume of about 0.8btc a day x exchange(pump and dump period apart).

this thread was started because you have idiots in your community that picked a stupid fight against the XC community (which is 10x larger than Super's) and spread FUD about our coin and  this thread was more of a retaliation. Our community is usually very good and for such a large community, we have relatively few people that like to go around and stir the pot. However, the self-moderated thread about XC made by a Supercoin investor was pathetic with most of XC's posts being deleted only leaving FUD comments for the entire community to see. On top of that,  the MAMM dev accused our dev of cheating, we had Supercoin investors come in and call XC a scam, a cheat, liars....pretty much anything to defame XC. After a few days of arguing, and dealing with constant bullshit in the self moderated thread (and it was obvious Supercoin investors was trying to skew the story by looking like we didn't have any legitimate responses to their inquiries, however we did and they were constantly deleted), many XC investors were aggravated beyond belief and one opened this thread, just to sort of 'balance the bullshit'.

Well some individuals deserved this, I must say. It's unfortunate it got an impact on the whole SUPER community while only few persons fudded (and honestly I believe it was mainly people from mammoth and no 'real' community members of SUPER). Supercointeam, me and others asked these people to stop the fud several times because it was basically immature the way they did this, and they were damaging our reputation aswell. None of us ever supported them, let that be clear. But since no community is able to decide who invests in its coin we can not have full control over them.

Not sure why some XC investors took the same path as them and started a counter-fud, instead of just opening a thread of their own with answers. But I truely hope 'our' fudders learned their lesson.
demgains

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 05:29:19 AM

Well some individuals deserved this, I must say. It's unfortunate it got an impact on the whole SUPER community while only few persons fudded (and honestly I believe it was mainly people from mammoth and no 'real' community members of SUPER). Supercointeam, me and others asked these people to stop the fud several times because it was basically immature the way they did this, and they were damaging our reputation aswell. None of us ever supported them, let that be clear. But since no community is able to decide who invests in its coin we can not have full control over them.

Not sure why some XC investors took the same path as them and started a counter-fud, instead of just opening a thread of their own with answers. But I truely hope 'our' fudders learned their lesson.

I agree that FUD is immature, the thread came off as a personal attack more than just common FUD. I think that is what really added fuel to the fire. I dont condone to FUD and I think it puts a bad reputation on communities in general. Our XC community is for the most part very sensible and down to earth, but I guess if you push even the nicest people they will respond an equal push back.
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:49:21 PM

I will admit that I am not a pro coin coder.  I've just recently started looking into how some of this works.  I have a logical question...

"Firstly, not all possible malleability vectors are "fixed" in 0.9, so transactions are still quite malleable and the transaction ID can still change."

If I understand what you are saying here, TX IDs can be changed or fudged to cause issues with tracking that transaction.  I assume this can cause coins to get lost or stolen.  So my question is, assuming my previous two assumptions are correct, if this is a real issue AND is easy to do, why aren't you forging btc transactions and stealing BTC all day long?  The problem that you say Super has should be a problem that every coin out there has. 

A malleability attack doesn't stop the transaction from going through, it just mostly goes through with a different tx ID to the one kicked back by your wallet. Your coins won't disappear, the recipient address will still receive them, and nothing can be stolen. Malleability does not and cannot change the validity of the transaction, the destination, the amount, the p2sh hash (if there is one), the inputs, the outputs, or anything else. The only thing it changes is the transaction ID.

Therefore, if you made a payment to your friend, and sent him the transaction ID, he may not be able to match that with his address history by payment ID. He will still be able to match it based on where it came from and the amount. Bitcoin is still vulnerable to this, as pointed out in the link you reference, and Eligius and other pools will still gladly mine valid transactions that fail isStandard() tests.

Thanks for the insightful posts fluffy.

For the unaware, fluffy is one of the Monero devs and as you can tell from his messages, he knows crypto extremely well.
finity

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:31:54 PM

This all was actually started by one guy, and to be honest I haven't seen him in Supercoin or Mammothcoin thread ever so i have no idea why. Too bad his scheme actually worked and bullets were being fired from both sides. I don't really see the point in keeping this up though in the end we are all working towards the same goal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: