Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Concept to encourage more adoption of Bitcoin by retailers.  (Read 911 times)
keywi (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:40:52 PM

Hi All,

As much as I would love to develop/code this I am spread too thin as it is.  So I am putting this idea out there to see if anyone wants to run with it.  I am happy to lend a hand in some way if possible but can't guarantee a huge commitment.

It's a bit rough at this stage, but the concept involves a BTC reward system for those who are able to convince local retailers to accept Bitcoin.  As far as I know I do not see anything like this, but could be wrong.  The website would allow for a profile creation and special code assigned to the Bitcoiner who registers with the system.  That Bitcoiner then does the rounds at local shops or even larger on line retailers to promote Bitcoin and use of it.  The goal is to educate the retailer, inform them of available tools/methods to accept Bitcoin and get a "Bitcoin Accepted Here" sign on their shop front or website.  Our system can provide all materials needed to educate the shop owners.  If someone is successful in converting a shop, the Bitcoin community congratulates the Bitcoiner and donates to him some BTC for his much valued efforts.  The donation size could correlate to the shop size and popularity.  Converting a local flower shop is good, converting a chain of convenience stores is better (the rewards could reflect this).  The Bitcoiner can have his own map highlighting his prospects, shops in progress, achievements, total BTC earned (to encourage others).  There needs to be some way of verifying the Bitcoiner's success with the shops.  I am unsure of the best way to do that.  We don't want fake success stories and fraud here.  There should be a clever way to do this, possibly having the shop owner register on the site too (which can also serve as a directory) and supply the "referral code" of the Bitcoiner that helped them get set up.  If this took off we could end up with a street team of 1,000's canvasing local business and bringing them onboard.  How do we pay the street team for their efforts?  We get big sponsors to contribute to their efforts and fuel the movement.

What do you think?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:30:04 AM

well that's what I'm trying to start over at bitcoinadoption.org but so far very little interest...I haven't had much time to invest.  if you want to get involved pm me.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:41:27 AM

There needs to be some way of verifying the Bitcoiner's success with the shops.  I am unsure of the best way to do that.  

best way to achieve this is to have the bitcoin 'teacher'/salesman do a video of him speaking with the manager of the shop about his thoughts on now accepting bitcoin and the manager thanking the bitcoin 'teacher'.

EG (informal advert of business)
"i love the bitcoin concept as it saves me 50c per transaction, thank you franky1 for helping me set my bitcoin payment system and i cant wait to see you all shopping here at _____ "

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:50:28 AM

Until there is a way to get more customers closer to them it will be hard to get them to adopt bitcoin faster then before, you have to keep in mind that all these companies keep profits in mind.

keywi (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:52:48 AM

well that's what I'm trying to start over at bitcoinadoption.org but so far very little interest...I haven't had much time to invest.  if you want to get involved pm me.

Great stuff man, going through it now.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:57:32 AM

Until there is a way to get more customers closer to them it will be hard to get them to adopt bitcoin faster then before, you have to keep in mind that all these companies keep profits in mind.

bitcoin does not cost a monthly subscription/recurring payments. the only costs to a merchant in reality is simply 1c upfront. and that is the cost of printing out an A4 piece of paper that has a Qr code and "bitcoin accepted here".

thats it.

it would only be later that he could go for automated price plans with bitpay/coinbase once customer numbers pick up. so 'costs' are not a problem, after all isnt that the point of bitcoin instead of credit cards.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: