Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:42:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkcoin falls by 65% over a few weeks discuss - not moderated  (Read 2179 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:20:59 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 12:18:21 PM by digitalindustry

Sick of sock puppets making moderated threads -

------------------------------------------------

Looks like monopoly land is not having a good time ...

-----------------------------------------------

Discuss ...

who's buying?

-----------------------------------------------
Update
BTC breaks $350
LTC              $3.5
Dark collapsed

Quark is stable to up.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:30:10 AM

more specifically what does is say about Mining monopoly?

And is it just that the big holders got bored and cashed out?

Should Quark be rushing after the Anon Gimmick now?

Will Dark recover ?

was there ever a market there to start with?

Probably time to boot up those X11 miners and catch the poor suckers that buy here?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Coinster2014

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:35:42 AM

Well it's obvious that the dev finally dumped a lot of the instamined coins because RC4 has a lot of issues....
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:36:05 AM

Will Dark recover ?

My opinion is that DRK will be taken over by a better anon solution (Monero XMR seems to be in a good position)

As far as the market goes, there are anon coins and clones popping up everyday...I think there is a market  Wink
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:39:42 AM

Will Dark recover ?

My opinion is that DRK will be taken over by a better anon solution (Monero XMR seems to be in a good position)

As far as the market goes, there are anon coins and clones popping up everyday...I think there is a market  Wink

i love it !

yeah seems like there was a big dump taken.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:46:10 AM

is there ANY real crypto........

Can you define what you mean by "real crypto"? Do you mean a coin that will make you rich? lol

IMO, there are none and probably never will be until one comes from outside the crypto community so that it thinks about real world use first and foremost.

As for the rich part, I keep looking for a coin that comes out and goes up over time. But all I can find is pump, dump, maybe a couple times but over all, just a slow (or for some very fast), decline into obscurity. Have there been any that haven't followed that trend?

People seem to think DRK is like the king of anon for some reason. I don't get it. As for it's "value", it's been in a steady decline since it's peak in May. I personally think it will hit 300k or so before finally flattening out. Assuming of course some of the whales don't do some pumps.

Quark (or any older coin) really should do "something". There's so many new features out these days that they really should implement some of them so they remain relevant.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:23:46 AM

The coin has fallen by more than 70% from peak.

I have never seen any coin that fall by this magnitude ever climb back beside bitcoin.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:45:40 AM

What is the place of DRK?

Their anonimization tech was based on obfuscation as opposed to real cryptographic strength as far as I understood.
VTC rolled out stealth wallets which seem superior in nature.
If that's still not enough for you, here goes CryptoNote (even though I'm not 100% at home with them).

If I'd be the dev, I'd honestly make me some questions at that point. Or maybe not.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:46:11 AM

more specifically what does is say about Mining monopoly?

And is it just that the big holders got bored and cashed out?

Should Quark be rushing after the Anon Gimmick now?

Will Dark recover ?

Probably time to boot up those X11 miners and catch the poor suckers that buy here?

that is what came to mind as soon as i seen your topic..
i also think it's fair to mention that all coins have been in decline price wise which is a part of an honest context / view of things.

cue the community chant mantra.. but but but we have a good community  Roll Eyes
the ole change the subject diversion game lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:48:23 AM

The price falls by 25% alone today. Anyone want to shred a light on what's going on?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

The price falls by 25% alone today. Anyone want to shred a light on what's going on?

Well, what are some objective reasons to actually hold DRK?

I honestly can't think of one. And I have nothing against DRK in particular.
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:06:09 AM

Whales are cashing out to buy cheap BTC, weak hands are panic selling, that's what caused DRK price dropped 25% today

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:54:20 AM

Whales are cashing out to buy cheap BTC, weak hands are panic selling, that's what caused DRK price dropped 25% today

It's denominated in BTC, how does that work? Cashing out to what to buy BTC?
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 10:04:22 AM

is there ANY real crypto........

Can you define what you mean by "real crypto"? Do you mean a coin that will make you rich? lol

Quite simply anything that has a any sort of real market flow - not five guys a scam a mining monopoly and a dump.

Quark (or any older coin) really should do "something". There's so many new features out these days that they really should implement some of them so they remain relevant.

yeah we've heard this retard talk over and over again - gimmicks don't seem to be helping the scams but?

we will work on the core code and make sure our investors have quality to hedge against fiat "wealth loss".

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:24:45 AM

yeah we've heard this retard talk over and over again - gimmicks don't seem to be helping the scams but?

Ok, but without ongoing development, features, things that actually keep it in the public eye and talked about, things that keep it competitive, how will any coin actually go anywhere. And just to be clear, bitcoin cannot be used as an example. It has a life of it's own and everything else at this point is just looked at as a means for people to get more bitcoins.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:41:38 AM

Ok, but without ongoing development, features, things that actually keep it in the public eye and talked about, things that keep it competitive, how will any coin actually go anywhere. And just to be clear, bitcoin cannot be used as an example. It has a life of it's own and everything else at this point is just looked at as a means for people to get more bitcoins.

Exactly right, it's all about BTC, no other coin comes near.

I have a fair amount of litecoin at the moment, but it is to buy bitcoin with when and if the exchange rate improves.

DRK will survive as a minor coin. Most of the Xs are finished, especially XMR.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:42:27 AM

dark coin has always been a evans shit coin operation scam attempt the death chain will bring it to justice soon  Spoetnik Approved™

~CfA™~

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 10:59:15 AM

I have a fair amount of litecoin at the moment, but it is to buy bitcoin with when and if the exchange rate improves.

yeah sure - i've heard this one before as well ...its all about Bitcoin except just don't mention all the problems and issues or the fact that its on a precipice of mining centralization where if the price drops below here medium miners give up leaving only a few with multiple chances of more than 50% of the hash power.  

you can have that turd, i don't doubt that it may get pumped because in the same sense, NXT could be pumped and there are a lot of fools out there so, with a bit of Corporate media and  few gimmicks it coudl see a bump sure - would i be in it long term?

you do what you want.

if that wasn't the reality i wouldn't say it , i'm not trying to be "trendy" ha ha it's  the fucking way it is  ha..

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:00:20 AM

you do what you want.

TODAY IS JUDGEMENT DAY™
>>Altcoin Destruction Initiated.<<

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 11:29:44 AM

We're especially finished? Based on what? Facts, please, not supposition.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: