Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase ran out of coins?  (Read 1248 times)
TheIcky (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:14:10 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 07:50:58 AM by TheIcky

Please excuse my ignorance if this is not news worthy.

COINBASE IS SOLD OUT OF BTC!

https://i.imgur.com/WcMsOGn.jpg

I havent noticed this happen before, let alone that it will be almost 1wk to receive coin. Last time looks like Nov 18 2013...
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:16:38 AM

It has happened before during periods of big and frequent buy orders, I don't think there's a reason to worry. It may be because of this period of vacations by the way.
TheIcky (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:38:05 AM

It has happened before during periods of big and frequent buy orders, I don't think there's a reason to worry. It may be because of this period of vacations by the way.

If there isnt a reason to worry, then there must be a reason to be excited? Looking like an interesting week ahead when you add in recent market performance.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:17:12 AM

I havent noticed this happen before, let alone that it will be almost 1wk to receive coin. Last time looks like Nov 18 2013...

It happened many times before, this is not the first time.
Dont get too excited about this, they will restock shortly.
It just shows that bitcoin is still pretty hot topic amoung investors, but were still far from new rally.
zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 10:23:59 AM

That means the price will go up

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:52:52 AM

If there isnt a reason to worry, then there must be a reason to be excited? Looking like an interesting week ahead when you add in recent market performance.

It may just be that their business model is low-risk or that they have some kind of limitation because of the bank they use.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:44:14 PM

It may just be that their business model is low-risk or that they have some kind of limitation because of the bank they use.

Either way I think it means that people will have one less place to do business.

Thinking the same thing.  especially if the issue persists for a decent amount of time to get the attention of buyers and speculators.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:43:39 PM

What vacations?
onezerobit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:50:00 AM

It happened many times before, this is not the first time.
Dont get too excited about this, they will restock shortly.
It just shows that bitcoin is still pretty hot topic amoung investors, but were still far from new rally.

Probably a lot of people are trying to buy them after the recent drop in prices.
Or....as conspiracy theorists(NOT ME) would say....coinbase pausing the supply to wait till the price rises up again.

www.1zerobit.com - Don't just sit there, go trade
SanMerryDro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:09:01 AM

but the price still fall down
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: