Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay may begin accepting Bitcoin payments via its Braintree platform  (Read 2176 times)
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:35:17 AM

They have to adopt at some time. Smiley
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webbrowser

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:05:55 AM

But Bitcoin is a direct competitior to Paypal, infact it could have the potential to severly damage it once people see how cheap and safe it is to send bitcoins.

Some of the properties (irreversible) that we like might make Bitcoin risky for transactions with random merchants on the Internet.

What if Paypal used bitcoin as a replacement for credit cards, and with the same fees as funding by a bank account?
Scoremaster

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:55:38 PM

would be nice, but i bet you they still make you pay a stupid 10% fee .

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:57:36 PM

would be nice, but i bet you they still make you pay a stupid 10% fee .

It might not be 10% but they're going to want to take a cut somehow, though I don't see how it could work with ebay and paypal. Paypal would have to chnage its ways to be honest.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:26:38 PM

Ebay is a relic from the dark ages, decentralized marketplaces are the future for trading.

Couldn't care less if they begin accepting btc payments, think it's too little too late.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:24:37 PM

Stopped reading at ""may begin to accept''.

What a retarded and empty article.

I think you had the right idea lol. Seems people get excited and make assumptions over any news that may or may not be relevant.

What's the source and I don't see anything that suggests ebay will other than assumption. It may accept it, but it may not.

After the success of Dell with bitcoin payments, I would be surprised if ebay, amazon and other big companies wouldn't start accepting btc any time soon.

But Bitcoin is a direct competitior to Paypal, infact it could have the potential to severly damage it once people see how cheap and safe it is to send bitcoins.

They can still target elder and tech non-savy type to use paypal while letting those who are in the know to use bitcoin.
I have always considered people who use paypal to be somewhat tech savvy (at least I did when paypal first came out). You still need to be somewhat tech savvy to use paypal as there are few/no ways to talk to a live person to walk you through a transaction and you cannot discuss your account with a teller and/or conduct business with a teller; all of which the older population likes to do.

Really? I wouldnt say people who use Paypal are tech savvy. It's very simple. So simple my mother could use it. I don't think wallets like blockchain.info are much more confusing that Paypal to be honest and think they'll get easier to use.
CoolBliss

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

eBay "may" <insert something about bitcoin here>.
Let me know when they "do"
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 09:03:03 AM

I heard this so many times for the pass few months and I am getting rather tired of it. What's taking eBay so long to formulate a game plan because they want to charge a fee similar to PayPal on bitcoin transactions and still be appealing to the masses.... and there isn't an easy solution Grin
Plank

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:32:26 AM

That's a good news, and ebay is also dropping its business relations with Paypal. Another sign of BTC rising and Paypal crashing.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:54:14 AM

I agree, if eBay can start accepting this it is not only a step in the right direction for bitcoin but also for eBay. PayPal seem to be doing a lot to prevent people from using or even exchanging bitcoin so I see them being a while to accept bitcoin if they ever do. Fingers crossed this goes through and we see eBay accepting soon!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: