Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:18:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just went full long with 1000+ Bitcoins.  (Read 2235 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 09:57:54 AM

Why?

- Press is heating up again.

- Summer fever is about to approach.

- Bitcoin is way undervalued. Period.

- A bottom has been established with all the recent dips.

I am ready for another bump. It's one event away from happening.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaintFlow

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:15:30 AM

Why?

Why and where and about what aspect?
Explain the term summer fever and how it relates to bitcoin
period
has it?

don't let me make you question your assumptions
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 10:20:00 AM

Why?

Why and where and about what aspect?
Explain the term summer fever and how it relates to bitcoin
period
has it?

My Google radar is firing up more and more recently. Additionally, Stossel on Fox News just mentioned Bitcoin. As for the aspect: Just the currency in general.

College geeks are more active in the Summer. This grassroots support increases market activity.

As for the bottom, I'm no technical trader but I see it flatlining.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 12:11:49 PM

My Google radar is firing up more and more recently. Additionally, Stossel on Fox News just mentioned Bitcoin. As for the aspect: Just the currency in general.

College geeks are more active in the Summer. This grassroots support increases market activity.

As for the bottom, I'm no technical trader but I see it flatlining.

+1 Although I'm going long in steps.

What I find particularly interesting is the amount of coverage on the Forbes blog with 3 or so really good pro bitcoin pieces in the last 2-3weeks. That in itself is bound to grab some attention for the more serious investor.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:24:57 PM

Translation: I wished my mom lended me $5k to go full long with 1000+ bitcoins but it didn't happen.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:32:48 PM

Translation: I wished my mom lended me $5k to go full long with 1000+ bitcoins but it didn't happen.

Although you might think so, Atlas was an early adopter and does indeed have plenty of bitcoins of his own.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:28:14 PM

Although you might think so, Atlas was an early adopter and does indeed have plenty of bitcoins of his own.

Pics or it didn't happen...
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:30:13 PM

Nope, he deleted his wallet from the early days.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:30:58 PM

He has been here from the early days. That'll translate to much more bitcoins quite easily, unless he sold off them that is.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:44:30 PM

He has been here from the early days. That'll translate to much more bitcoins quite easily, unless he sold off them that is.

Oh, does it?
So, time passed posting ramblings on a forum about Bitcoin equates somehow to having a lot of bitcoins?
Did I get that right?
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:45:26 PM

Oh, does it?
So, time passed posting ramblings on a forum about Bitcoin equates somehow to having a lot of bitcoins?
Did I get that right?

The fact that he knew about Bitcoin when the difficulty was magnitudes lower certainly does...
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 03:21:20 PM

i certainly doubt it.  i'm willing to bet many early adopters have long since already sold most of their coins or lost them.  the pessimism was extreme back in November.
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 03:27:21 PM

i certainly doubt it.  i'm willing to bet many early adopters have long since already sold most of their coins or lost them.  the pessimism was extreme back in November.

Not me! I doubled my holdings through trading Smiley And I will keep them and keep adding to them for the long term =)

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 03:40:40 PM

Not me! I doubled my holdings through trading Smiley And I will keep them and keep adding to them for the long term =)

Good for you!  i meant the non-smart ones!
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

So Atlas, what do you mean by "full long?"  5:1?

(BFL)^2 < 0
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 04:05:01 PM

Oh, does it?
Did I get that right?

The fact that he knew about Bitcoin when the difficulty was magnitudes lower certainly does...

I found Bitcoin the first time around August 2009 and quickly wrote it off and forgot about it until I found it again around January 2011(yeah tell me about it Sad) and got amazed that the shit really worked and here I am...
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 06:27:49 PM

Why?

Why don't you tell us what really happened: someone put up a 50K BTC wall at $4.60 and you now believe that we won't be dropping below that amount any time soon. It's certainly a tempting thought, but really I wouldn't put too much faith in "The Great Wall of 2012/03/27". Given the wall has already been touched a few times, the owner now has BTC to sell. All it would take is for the owner to drop the wall, sells off all the BTC he has purchased since establishing the wall. At that point, all you "full longs" are liquidated, further dropping the price and potentially causing a panic. Then the wall can reemerge at $3.90 or whatever the price hits.

TL;DR: Beware the walls, for they reek of manipulation.

dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 06:44:06 PM

I'm long too and market conditions outlook is looking good we are oversold, more oversold since 2011. short term resistance is 4.70 

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: