Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:20:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Solved) Is there any delay when transfering bitcoins?  (Read 1546 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:38:51 PM

I've only expressed interest when the condition is that the target is using the default configuration (accepts incoming) and is on a typical consumer network (e.g., w/ UPnP).   You've not stated that you'ld follow this configuration.

I use manual portforwarding instead of UPnp but the end result should be the same.  I just checked bitcoind and I have 21 connections.  13 outgoing, 8 incoming.  The bitcoind is unmodified except for api calls which allow excluding tx w/ low/no fee from work generation.

Looking for someone with a trust rating in the -otc as I'ld like assurance that I'll get my 1 BTC back.  Smiley

I don't use -otc so I guess you will need to find another endpoint.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:13:07 PM

Looking for someone with a trust rating in the -otc as I'ld like assurance that I'll get my 1 BTC back.  Smiley

Heh, I guess should have asked -otc trust or someone with 5,997 forum posts.  Smiley

So that configuration is fine, but I want to make sure that the terms are, this is an experiment and is not the wager / challenge as was described above.  i.e., If you do get any BTC payments from me that you'll return them?  If so, then I'll go ahead and make an attempt on trial #1.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 10:21:18 PM

Heh, I guess should have asked -otc trust or someone with 5,997 forum posts.  Smiley

So that configuration is fine, but I want to make sure that the terms are, this is an experiment and is not the wager / challenge as was described above.  i.e., If you do get any BTC payments from me that you'll return them?  If so, then I'll go ahead and make an attempt on trial #1.
So doing this between two people makes this more exciting, but why not just run 3 clients and try to double spend to yourself?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:39:12 PM

Sure we can do it as an experiment instead and any funds I receive will be returned.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 07:12:49 AM

For the original poster, why not wait 10 to 20 minutes? (for about 1 to 2 confirms.) That should be enough. I don't think you're buying more than $10,000 worth of bitcoins with cash at your campus.

Personally, when I buy bitcoins, I tell the person I'm dealing with that I will deposit the money to their bank account. That's usually at least 1 hour later, or often times the next day. I have more than 6 confirms up to 100+ confirms by then that the bitcoins are in my address.

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 07:51:18 AM

"even a successful double spend attempt fails 50% of the time"
Divergent series can converge much faster than convergent series, because they don't have to converge.
Yeah; I did anticipate it could be read like that which is why I explained it in the next sentence, which you didn't quote...
Come on, I was trying to make a joke... I know exactly what you meant, but it was funny and reminded me of Carrier's rule. Cheesy

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 01:56:57 PM

"even a successful double spend attempt fails 50% of the time"
Divergent series can converge much faster than convergent series, because they don't have to converge.
Yeah; I did anticipate it could be read like that which is why I explained it in the next sentence, which you didn't quote...
Come on, I was trying to make a joke... I know exactly what you meant, but it was funny and reminded me of Carrier's rule. Cheesy

Fair enough.  Apologies.  I'm too used to the humourless to realise.

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: