Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multisig wallet?  (Read 829 times)
Automatic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:34:11 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 04:52:17 PM by Automatic

Is there anyway I can point armory at some brand new wallets (Some watch only, one local) and have it generate a multisig wallet on top of it? So I can just use it like a normal wallet and when I create a new address, it automatically generates one new wallet for the normal wallets and makes a multisig address out of that?

I really like the wallet mechanics in Armory, the lockbox feature seems to be made purely for holding funds you rarely touch, there's no real quick way (That I can see) to keep generating new addresses easily for day-to-day transactions.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 07:19:14 PM

Is there anyway I can point armory at some brand new wallets (Some watch only, one local) and have it generate a multisig wallet on top of it? So I can just use it like a normal wallet and when I create a new address, it automatically generates one new wallet for the normal wallets and makes a multisig address out of that?

I really like the wallet mechanics in Armory, the lockbox feature seems to be made purely for holding funds you rarely touch, there's no real quick way (That I can see) to keep generating new addresses easily for day-to-day transactions.

Indeed -- lockboxes were intended for multi-party escrow and/or low-volume transactions such as long-term savings.   They were what we did to get some kind of multisig released and usable, even if it doesn't have all the features we want.  The new wallets will do exactly what you described, but it might be another two months before we can get something release-ready.

If you build your own tools on top of armoryd.py, you can have it load multiple watching-only wallets and build your own command to "getnextmultisig walletA walletB walletC" etc.  It's not terribly difficult, but retrofitting multisig into the existing wallet interface seemed like a waste of time when it might be just as fast to redo the wallets with multisig built-in.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: