Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:34:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Australians Embrace Bitcoin For Household Bill Payments  (Read 1206 times)
Emperion (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:24:57 PM

Brisbane,18th August 2014. Brisbane-based startup Living Room of Satoshi reports that Australians have paid $150,000 of

everyday household bills with Bitcoin in the three months since it launched.

Living Room of Satoshi is a free online service that enables payment of any BPAY-enabled bill

using bitcoin; including phone bills, electricity bills, school fees, credit card and tax payments.

Often called ‘the currency of the internet’, bitcoin is experiencing strong adoption growth in

Australia and offers a fast and secure alternative to traditional online payments.

Read the full Press Release: http://cryptocoinchronicle.com/2014/08/australians-embrace-bitcoin-household-bill-payments/
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:19:22 PM

$150,000 really isn't that much at all, especially for rent.  It could have been just a small handful of people that utilized this.  But this number will grow I'm sure.
apepoof

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:37:05 PM

$150k is literally nothing.... also I'd imagine this figure is wildly inaccurate

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:17:10 PM

$150k is literally nothing.... also I'd imagine this figure is wildly inaccurate

No. Zero is literally nothing. I don't think you know what the word 'literally' means.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
apepoof

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 09:23:49 PM

No. Zero is literally nothing. I don't think you know what the word 'literally' means.

Facetiousness is a sin.

http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/109061?redirectedFrom=literally

Definitions 1b/c

dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 09:36:58 PM

$150,000 really isn't that much at all, especially for rent.  It could have been just a small handful of people that utilized this.  But this number will grow I'm sure.
I would imagine that most of the bills that were paid were for smaller bills like cell phone bills and tv bills as opposed to rent or other large expenses. Although the initial amount is very small when compared to the overall austrailian economy it is significant as it shows that people are using bitcoin for trade. 

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 10:00:18 PM

Give it more time. I am sure that using Bitcoin to pay household bills in Australia will take off.

There are now over 17 million Kenyans using MPesa. In a country where most people don't have a bank account, this is perfect. My wife gets her wages via MPesa, she pays her electric bill with MPesa, she sends money to her parents using MPesa.

Coming back to the USA, I feel like I am returning to the dark ages. Even my internet is slower here than in Nairobi.

I wish I could use Bitcoin to pay my electric bill. They only accept cash or check here in Hawaii, although you can pay it through several banks.
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:43:45 AM

Im using them for 100% of my bills.
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:34:23 AM

Was wondering why I would use bitcoin when Bpay is free? Tell me the advantages of using btc and then I will surely start using btc. I'm sure I can use my debit card  to pay my bills free of charge also
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: