Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:25:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we shouldnt worry if Amazon doesnt accept btc!  (Read 3445 times)
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 11:21:09 AM

Why would anyone be worried? Bitcoin has survived, in fact THRIVED without them - if anything Amazon should be worried that the BTC community won't accept them.

sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:05:03 PM

How about we buy amazon gift card with BTC
It's simpler & faster Huh

And some service automatic sell the BTC they got  Sad
That might cause dump price

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
Ludi

Activity: 274

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:14:53 PM

I don't think we should worry about getting specifically Amazon or the oil industry involved but rather just any and all merchants and industries we can. The key to bitcoin's success is going to be in it's use as a money transmitter and a currency so we need people to use it for these things which I'm sure it will if we just have a bit of patience.

SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:48:18 PM

Many of us think of Amazon as the tipping point.

Later bigger industry like oil and gas will come.

NEM
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:50:51 PM

An interesting question that for me highlights how there's too much emphasis on retail acceptance of Bitcoin.  Which doesn't matter much.  Taking bitcoin payments isn't any different to any other currency, the retailer is just offering payment through a third party provider.  When i go to a US or European site they offer the same for my £.  They dont want my £, they will have the payment processed and given in their local currency.

Really, there's not much advancement of Bitcoin until it is wanted as the currency, until it is used for direct payment of goods and services.  Until Nestle takes payment of Bitcoin for a delivery of a shipment of chocolate or baby milk; until BP takes payment of Bitcoin for a shipment of lubricants.  And then holding them and using them to pay their payments to their supply chain that use Bitcoins.

Online retailers accepting bitcoins are just exploiting a self-publicising niche market.  It generates some headline and gets a few $'00,000 through the tills that might have gone elsewhere or more likely not spent.  Theres not real economic growth as those BTC just go straight back into the currency exchange market.

+1

This post totally nailed it. Sometimes I think is funny how people overreact when a new company accept BTC payments, then as we see parallely the price of BTC goes down. All those companies do is dump the BTCs as they get them.

The situation will only change its tide when they start paying suppliers, doing payrolls and giving bonuses to their employees also in BTC.

As I stated a week ago, I totally agree.

https://twitter.com/EtherCoins/statuses/499623131183841280

Eth.
bitcoinminer007

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:57:16 PM

I far i know ebay start accepting Bitcoin. So i think Amazon will also start accepting Bitcoin. I think if they won't we should worry about it. Because Amazon is the biggest online shop.
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:00:48 PM

Many of us think of Amazon as the tipping point.

Later bigger industry like oil and gas will come.

It's not the only 'tipping point' but I think everyone knows getting companies like Amazon and eBay involved would be huge news and great for bitcoin, but once we do get companies like them involved who knows what industries could be next. Hopefully oil and gas ones will come at a later date, but I think those guys like their good old corrupt yankee dollars too much.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:08:39 PM

If eBay does bitcoin payments trust me, amazon will or be forced to accept it.  They will feel like they are losing out in a race, if there sales get a boost from it.  Im just shock that this didnt happen sooner especially when Overstock, got a boost in sales when they accepted it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 03:15:52 PM

In my opinion it's enough serious that the large ocompanies online (ex: Amazon) don't accept the Bitcoin,
because Bitcoin is a money online and it should be used online.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
DeboraMeeks (OP)

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

Why would anyone be worried? Bitcoin has survived, in fact THRIVED without them - if anything Amazon should be worried that the BTC community won't accept them.

The downtrend says otherwise Undecided
BTCTIME247

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

Hmm. I like Amazon though, even though they didn't even accept Paypal.. Hope MAYBE that could change with Chevron and Exxon taking BTC.

they didn't even accept Paypal

wtf!
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:05:27 PM

In my opinion it's enough serious that the large ocompanies online (ex: Amazon) don't accept the Bitcoin,

Well it should and if they would then sellers can withdraw payments much faster and not to wait 2 to 3 days to receive any funds owed in the merchant seller program

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:45:48 PM

An interesting question that for me highlights how there's too much emphasis on retail acceptance of Bitcoin.  Which doesn't matter much.  Taking bitcoin payments isn't any different to any other currency, the retailer is just offering payment through a third party provider.  When i go to a US or European site they offer the same for my £.  They dont want my £, they will have the payment processed and given in their local currency.

Really, there's not much advancement of Bitcoin until it is wanted as the currency, until it is used for direct payment of goods and services.  Until Nestle takes payment of Bitcoin for a delivery of a shipment of chocolate or baby milk; until BP takes payment of Bitcoin for a shipment of lubricants.  And then holding them and using them to pay their payments to their supply chain that use Bitcoins.

Online retailers accepting bitcoins are just exploiting a self-publicising niche market.  It generates some headline and gets a few $'00,000 through the tills that might have gone elsewhere or more likely not spent.  Theres not real economic growth as those BTC just go straight back into the currency exchange market.

+1

This post totally nailed it. Sometimes I think is funny how people overreact when a new company accept BTC payments, then as we see parallely the price of BTC goes down. All those companies do is dump the BTCs as they get them.

The situation will only change its tide when they start paying suppliers, doing payrolls and giving bonuses to their employees also in BTC.

As I stated a week ago, I totally agree.

https://twitter.com/EtherCoins/statuses/499623131183841280

Eth.

I think your both missing the point.  People say the issue with Bitcoin is they don't have much use for it other then speculating on the future price.  That issue is being addressed when they have the option to use Bitcoin for their everyday purchases.  Now if someone needs something and can use a Bitcoin that is one less reason to deny Bitcoin's value.  The fact that companies don't use Bitcoin to pay their employees and suppliers is not something people should be worried about now.

Businesses accepting Bitcoin means people have a reason to use Bitcoin.  The larger the amount of users of Bitcoin will lead to more holders and that means less supply= more demand and a higher price.  We should be celebrating the victory and not fixating on problems that may be out of our immediate control, it only adds to more fud and being spread.  This could very well be the first step to something like that taking place, who knows.
silversmith

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

What keeps me up at night is wondering what will happen if Hello Kitty doesn't accept bitcoin!
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

amazon's core business model is based on business to customer. it's more synonymous to amazon, and using bitcoin to buy a laptop or whatever you need is a lot more fun than using it to buy gas.

also, most people don't like exxon mobil, shell or BP.
BPMich

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:37:03 PM

I agree that it isn't a big deal yet if Amazon doesn't accept bitcoin, but for different reasons than the OP  Grin
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 10:51:59 PM

Well it should and if they would then sellers can withdraw payments much faster and not to wait 2 to 3 days to receive any funds owed in the merchant seller program
For companies like amazon the speed at which they have access to revenue from sales is really not all that important. This is for a number of reasons - primarily because of the fact that they have easy access to credit so they can easily borrow against their accounts receivable giving them instant access to their revenues. Another reason is because of their size they can demand flexible payment terms on their suppliers and vendors so they would not have a bill due until their revenue comes in.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mirdude

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:56:17 PM

BitCoin has a tendency to fluctuate a lot; I think Amazon want to stick to stable currencies.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 01:42:42 AM

BitCoin has a tendency to fluctuate a lot; I think Amazon want to stick to stable currencies.

have you heard of 3rd party processors? if so, why does it matter whether bitcoin is stable or not?
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

Many companies will buy some of their products/merchandize from/through amazon so they could be the 2nd piece of this "puzzle" as a store could accept bitcoin for payment and then use amazon to purchase their inventory to sell at a later time.

Another thing that big companies accepting bitcoin will accomplish is the fact that it will build the groundwork for eventual b2b commerce via bitcoin. We obviously need to start somewhere.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: