Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:06:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine (1st Print Edition Now Available)  (Read 6335 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 09:53:21 PM

Yeah what is POD?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 12:21:04 AM

Yeah what is POD?
Print On Demand

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 12:59:07 PM

Two bits of feedback:

1) It's tough for me to pass this around my office (even though I still am) with things like "Bitcoin Sucks" and "Bitcoin Pr0n" on the cover.  Doesn't come off as very professional (even though I know these are common phrases on this forum).

2) One co-worker who read it was surprised that it didn't explain how to get bitcoins.  I asked her if she wanted to get some and she said no, which I chuckled & replied "why do you want it in the magazine then?" 

I don't think there necessary needs to be instructions on how to get bitcoins in this, but I figured you'd want any feedback available.

ciao 

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 01:05:44 PM

Two bits of feedback:

1) It's tough for me to pass this around my office (even though I still am) with things like "Bitcoin Sucks" and "Bitcoin Pr0n" on the cover.  Doesn't come off as very professional (even though I know these are common phrases on this forum).

2) One co-worker who read it was surprised that it didn't explain how to get bitcoins.  I asked her if she wanted to get some and she said no, which I chuckled & replied "why do you want it in the magazine then?" 

I don't think there necessary needs to be instructions on how to get bitcoins in this, but I figured you'd want any feedback available.

ciao 

Great idea! LadyBytes on the cover of Coineer and Bitcoin Magazine at the same time.

~Bruno~
Coineer (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2012, 01:24:27 AM

Ahhh, look at me going old-school, lol.

I remember when those machines first came out, definitely a step in the right direction for publishing paper. It looks like those machines in particular are more suited for paperback books, but I may not have looked hard enough, or a magazine printing version of that machine is just a logical progression.

The nice part is that we do have a PDF version that is formatted ideally for production on equipment of that type. We are quite experienced with digital-to-print processes so this is an easy match.

On the 2 bits of feedback (which is definitely appreciated), the first are good points, they are wordplay titles, and are certainly directed more towards the Bitcoin savvy as opposed to those who are unaware of Bitcoin. Although we did do some wordplay with the word pr0n, that section was actually about FPGA cards and contained no human elements whatsoever Wink

On page 11 there is a view from 10,000 feet of how to get Bitcoins. There is not a detailed how-to, nor are there listings of exchanges, etc. but is does explain how Bitcoins go around. This information will definitely be expanded upon in future issues Wink

There certainly is a LOT of information potentially available and we plan on packaging up different types of information in ways that are practical and useful.

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far.

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 12:56:20 AM

Just a quick word in case anyone missed it...

Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine, digital edition is available at CoinDL.com as a free download!

Future digital editions will be made available there as well Cool

We will be making print versions of Issue #0 (no-ads edition) available for purchase very shortly with an official announcement, but if you would like to order now (before the announcement) feel free to send me a PM.

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 01:05:28 AM

We will be making print versions of Issue #0 (no-ads edition) available for purchase very shortly with an official announcement, but if you would like to order now (before the announcement) feel free to send me a PM.

Coineer print edition is available to retailers through traditional magazine distribution channels.

How's the e-zine working out Wafflehound?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 01:38:05 AM

[How's the e-zine working out Wafflehound?
What does Wafflehound mean? Is that some magazine publisher idiom?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 02:11:00 PM

I am also curious about the "Wafflehound" reference. I have heard excellent things about IHOP in the US, but have not made it to one yet. Golden Griddle here in Canada is favoured by many Wink

Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine, electronic edition, is going extremely well and essentially as planned. We will be adding more online distribution channels shortly.

Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine, print edition is also going as planned, on time and ready to ship (announcement for direct sales is coming up Cheesy).

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 04:11:06 PM

You need a better marketing strategy.

I would recommend you never actually release any magazine, but build hype up Duke Nukem Forever style and take in lots of money from pre-orders.

Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:03:39 AM

Considering that these magazines have a high likelihood of being seen and flipped through by the general public, I think it would be a huge help to the Bitcoin economy if EVERY magazine had a one page blurb/faq titled "What is bitcoin?" where the concept can be explained in laymen terms for anyone who's never heard of Bitcoin before.

This breakdown could be edited and revised from issue to issue to make it as simple and short as possible to get the general idea across.

In fact, I've been looking for a simple explanation of what Bitcoin is and how it works, to pass around to friends and family when they ask about it, but I've yet to see a short and simple explanation that covers all the essential bases.
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 06:26:01 PM

Considering that these magazines have a high likelihood of being seen and flipped through by the general public, I think it would be a huge help to the Bitcoin economy if EVERY magazine had a one page blurb/faq titled "What is bitcoin?" where the concept can be explained in laymen terms for anyone who's never heard of Bitcoin before.

This breakdown could be edited and revised from issue to issue to make it as simple and short as possible to get the general idea across.

In fact, I've been looking for a simple explanation of what Bitcoin is and how it works, to pass around to friends and family when they ask about it, but I've yet to see a short and simple explanation that covers all the essential bases.

This.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 01:19:20 AM

After mybitcoin went belly up I dont trust anytrhing bitcoin related coming from canada .  Cheesy

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 03:00:38 AM

A response from you was inevitable and not really a major concern.
It sure is inevitable that I would be attracted to shoddy projects and push them to raise the bar. It's what I do. And why would it be a major concern unless you are hiding something? You're weird.

The current state of publishing is only the initial soft rollout online.
So in other words, it still isn't published, and you're just an electronic magazine at this point. There's nothing to be ashamed of from starting small, I just don't understand why you're trying to lie. Here you try to make it sound like you yourself aren't just an e-zine.

If there is another magazine (not eZine or "coming soon") about Bitcoin, I would like to know about it Smiley

By the way, you're not even the first e-zine. There was one a year ago and it actually sucked worse. I guess I should be glad the bar is rising at least.

I am not concerned with the checklist you are providing, we will proceed on our own merits.
And apparently proceed on your own reality as well. In our reality we call "lying" a deceptive business practice and it's typically frowned upon.

Announcing "Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine", the World's First Bitcoin Magazine.

Coineer: This is what he is talking about. A bit surprised that you haven't seen it since the thread has been on the first page a lot over the past few months.
I am actually well aware of that particular site and the threads surrounding it, which was why I said if there was one that was not an eZine or "coming soon".

Quote from: http://coineer.com
Coineer The Bitcoin Magazine, Print Edition Available Shortly
Isn't your printed 'magazine' "coming soon" also?  Roll Eyes

At least he has a product you've got nothing to show for your "Zine"...
Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2012, 11:40:39 PM

Definitely in agreement with this.

After mybitcoin went belly up I dont trust anytrhing bitcoin related coming from canada .  Cheesy

Hehe, well we just wouldn't be Canadian if we couldn't handle a little humour here and there. Smiley
Rest assured, we are here to promote and progress what can be achieved with Bitcoin. We will do this by spreading awareness and information in ways that are accessible and practical.

Also remember here in Canada we have AMD Markham (formerly ATI Wink) and a whole slew of major tech companies plus others that are Bitcoin centric who are moving along quite nicely. Our intention is not to be Canadian centric though, but it is nice to be geographically close to where a lot of action is happening.

Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 05:49:42 PM

We are pleased to announce direct sales availability of Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine, Volume #1, Issue #0

If you would like to get your hands on a printed copy of this historic, initial publication of the World's first Bitcoin magazine, now is your chance.

Coineer - The Bitcoin Magazine can be purchased for 1BTC.
(This cost includes mailing within North America. International mailing please add 0.25BTC)

For your 1BTC you will receive a copy of the "no-ads" edition of Issue #0. It is a digest sized, glossy printed magazine that marks the start of a new era in publishing on behalf of Bitcoin and the global adoption of crypto-currency for commerce. There will only be a certain number of these made available before the release of the "limited-ads" edition.

There are two ways to order your copy:

Visit Coineer.com and at the bottom of the page you can click on the order now button and place your order using Bit-Pay.
If you do not wish to use Bit-Pay and would rather contact me directly to order a copy please send me a PM with your mailing information and you will be contacted with a payment address. Upon receipt of payment, your magazine(s) will be mailed directly to you.

Coineer (OP)

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 07:52:36 PM

Getting ready for a HUGE spoiler announcement soon Wink

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: