Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone bought up all the existing bitcoins?  (Read 31201 times)
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:52:08 PM

I think it's impossible. Some part of bitcoin is lost, some have not yet been mined. So it's just physically impossible.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

With every coin purchase, the price of bitcoin is rising. Therefore, this person, if he exists at all, just does not have enough money to buy all the bitcoins.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:21:03 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,
or most, of all the bitcoins that exist.

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it
is FUD or how feasible any of it is at all at all.  

Please help me understand and ease my mind in regard to this issue.

Thank you

Did you investing in bitcoin in the end ? What kind of FUD did you hear makes you scared ?
I think someone cannot buy all of the existing bitcoin in the market. When you sell order in the market, you can see the sell order
in the bottom will be gone if there are buyers. And the top sell order will remain because the price is very expensive.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:38:14 AM

Hi, I am a noob to all this bitcoin stuffs. It sounds like an interesting idea but before I invest too much into it I have
some questions and concerns. Perhaps highest on my list of concerns is the possibility that someone will buy up all,

Will it be just like the existing economic system where the rich get richer on the backs of the poor?
Will that not destroy the whole bitcoin project and make whatever bitcoins I happen to get myself worthless?

I have read a few things on this kinda stuff and some of it sounds pretty scary. I don't know how much of it

Thank you

If someone bought up all the existing bitcoin I think he can be a billionaire or the most rich person in the world but there is also a chance that he will be a poor because sometimes the price of bitcoin drop unexpectedly.

Handa

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:46:31 AM

that is not possible at all . When we buy a bitcoin its market price goes up and imagine when someone buy 21 million bitcoin ( that is the total number of bitcoin i think ) how far the price pr bitcoin will go . I mean when there will be less number of bitcoins remained for people who will want to sell his bitcoin
Sample2

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:48:18 AM

Thank you
First of all, you should understand that investing in Bitcoin has a high risk. Also, it has a high return. It is a bubble or not depends on the community who buy and hold the bitcoin. when they decided to sell all that they have. Then the prices will go down dramatically. Even maybe bitcoin will have no prices. On the other hand, when people decided to hold and buy all of bitcoin, it means that the prices will go up and we don't need cash anymore to do transactions.
Etoasiatsxxx

Activity: 92
Merit: 2

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:18:01 AM

Thank you
It is impossible to buy all the remaining bitcoins. But if this happens, we do not know what's going to happen and it may be the beginning of the riot. Because buying all the remaining bitcoin can control the price and this will be the start of fud and investors can sell their bitcoin and move to more decentralized altcoins and it can be the start of the bitcoin collapse .
Caitsith

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:36:29 AM

If someone bought up all the existing bitcoins then nobody will sell them or use them anymore bitcoin will become useless. Why would someone do that Huh.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:57:17 AM

Its a very strange question.But still i feel if such things happens the price of btc will go to the moon in notime and the buyer will have no choice to dump the coins book some profit and rebuy them again to make some profit.The whole cycle of trading is only buying and selling.I see no point in buying those many coin at a time and even if that happens the same would be bought at very high prices and not affordable as well.The best way is to trade and earn some profits.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:10:32 PM

if anyone buys all the bitcoin then he can control the market price. he can make bitcoin prices at will, he will get a huge profit because the market price can he set.

chelle5

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:18:32 PM

Didn't encounter this situation yet so I don't know what happened, I think if ever someone bought all well maybe you will the next bill gates because the will price will blow the market.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:18:51 PM

Thank you

I think if the bitcoin existing continuously the price of it become bigger if the bitcoin is existing continuously because the demand of bitcoin will become high so it may affect to bitcoin price to go in higher value. If that someone who buy all the existing bitcoins, I think that person is very rich because he can buy all the existing bitcoin in the crypto world.
dilemamis

Activity: 247

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:44:57 PM

He does not need to buy everything. If the purchase pushes the price up so high, or very fast, so no one will sell or use it, then for all practical purposes, bitcoin is dead.
mdw1962

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:06:38 PM

Though it is fair to say have a very small # of huge holders of the currency would be detrimental to its longterm viability.
rindayle

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:35:57 PM

I'm thinking. that is a purely personal opinion of each and it will personally not affect me We can not say how it will affect the market in General, hence I say that it is better to several large investors than one.
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:02:07 PM

It will not be possible for someone to buy all the bitcoins. This is the most frightening scenario about bitcoin, as the high number of bitcoin is gathering and monopolizing . It is a small possibility that this happens, the bitcoin community is very strong and growing.
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 08:08:13 PM

I think the value of the bitcoin will surprisingly grow. and other coins will be more higher too but cant face the value of the bitcoin in the reality. also I think the man who can buy all the existing bitcoin will be more rich and will be well-known around the world. and if there is fact idea, he can be the leader or the ceo of a company that can produce bitcoin.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:20:54 PM

I don't think it will be possible and easy for anyone to buy all the  Bitcoin. There is nothing to be worried or scared about.  Lets just try to keep some little amount so we can enjoy the bull ride when it comes.
JavaScriptlk

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:08:47 AM

wow. i will wait for his/her appearance and i will sell all of my coin. Then, i will become richer  Grin Grin
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 05:46:50 PM

Usually we buy all the bitcoins that exist because the price will rise sehingg infinite and added new bitcoin to be mined so as to add supply. Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: