Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:49:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you want to buy with Bitcoin?  (Voting closed: June 25, 2012, 06:16:39 PM)
Books - 3 (3.3%)
Guns - 14 (15.4%)
Gold - 17 (18.7%)
Games - 12 (13.2%)
Other - 25 (27.5%)
Food - 11 (12.1%)
Clothes - 2 (2.2%)
Tools - 1 (1.1%)
Vehicles - 6 (6.6%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $$ONLY FOR THE BTC RICH$$  (Read 2950 times)
Joseph

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 07:53:40 AM

There's a wanted section on Bitcoin Classifieds where you can look for stuff people want to buy with Bitcoins. It is on the frontpage of the website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 08:46:59 AM

lol books. Gold, guns (though very limited), games already covered.

I'll third (fourth?) tools. Wouldn't mind a 4WD Toyota-War-quality truck, either. More food would be nice, too. Not just buying stuff off Amazon and reselling, but real home-made food. Constant demand, surprisingly weak supply. Usually inexpensive stuff - allows for the novelty of the purchase to entice consumers. I've been banging on for a while about not being able to buy fontina made from someone in the community.

I also would like extremely cheap greenhouse kits (should last at least three years with 8+ feet of snow falling on it annually and can be fairly easily repaired - don't need goofy shit like solar vent-openers), interesting seeds (Russian Dandelion & turmeric, for instance), and home-brewed ginger ale.

Stuff like from that fellow who put together his own laser and is now selling it. Recently pre-ordered FPGAs from a fellow. That kind of shit's cool. I can't go to Walmart to pick up that kind of stuff. I don't need a screwdriver, television, cell-phone made by some sorry sap earning 1/20th what he ought to in scrip -- I need to see some passion, goddammit!
likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 01:27:51 PM

Stuff like from that fellow who put together his own laser and is now selling it. Recently pre-ordered FPGAs from a fellow. That kind of shit's cool. I can't go to Walmart to pick up that kind of stuff. I don't need a screwdriver, television, cell-phone made by some sorry sap earning 1/20th what he ought to in scrip -- I need to see some passion, goddammit!

+1 to this. A kind of farmers market would be great! Unfortunately, I don't have the passion or time to make my own goods.

I would like to see more of
Tools
Clothing
Quality / Unique hand crafted items (Any Amish Here?)

These things I can offer, short of the Amish goods. There are a few Amish wood workers around my area, but shipping items would make it pointless. You have any idea how much it would cost to ship an Adirondack chair?! As for the tools, our brick and mortar stocks hundreds of hand tools including gardening, mechanic and iron worker tools. As stated before, my Amway IBO offers food, clothes, cleaners, vitamins, etc. The only problem is that my initial investment into opening a web front seemed extravagant compared to the response I received from the community. It was pointless for me to start a site that no one was interested in.

Maybe we'll try this again.

flix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 02:25:59 PM

There's a wanted section on Bitcoin Classifieds where you can look for stuff people want to buy with Bitcoins. It is on the frontpage of the website.

Thanks.. although looking through it the impression continues to be that it is a small market. Several times more people trying to sell stuff than wanting to buy it.

I guess until we break into a few million users currency exchange will continue to be the biggest game in town...
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 02:39:40 PM

+1 to this. A kind of farmers market would be great! Unfortunately, I don't have the passion or time to make my own goods.

I would like to see more of
Tools
Clothing

These things I can offer, short of the Amish goods. There are a few Amish wood workers around my area, but shipping items would make it pointless. You have any idea how much it would cost to ship an Adirondack chair?! As for the tools, our brick and mortar stocks hundreds of hand tools including gardening, mechanic and iron worker tools. As stated before, my Amway IBO offers food, clothes, cleaners, vitamins, etc. The only problem is that my initial investment into opening a web front seemed extravagant compared to the response I received from the community. It was pointless for me to start a site that no one was interested in.

Maybe we'll try this again.

If I wanted an Adirondak chair I would just buy one from the Adirondaks Tongue I go on vacation there every year Smiley

ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 04:01:19 PM

This really needs to be a multiple option poll...

I was on the fence between gold and other... I chose other because I do look for items other than gold. I look for small collectibles (Pokemon cards typically), steam items (so games) as well as computer hardware. I would really like to see a lot more small gold available at near cost. I feel like there would be a huge market for 1/25 oz. coins and similar .9999% gold items on this forum. Those coins are prized as such that you don't have to be a BTC mogul to purchase them. And it's a nice investment of your BTC.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 08:12:58 PM

Looking for a cheap datacenter in central Poland to house my rigs, can pay for 6 months in advance after a 7-day trial period.
Few squared meters and up to a few thousand kWh per month is all I need.

Signature space available for rent.
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 08:29:17 PM

What about BTC poor??!!

Hodling since 2011.®
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 07:04:28 AM

Food is usually my biggest draw - for various reasons I don't want to buy it right now, but in a few weeks I'll probably be hitting up the CANDIES thread, and the Girl Scout Cookies one if it still has stock. I'd be especially interested in anyone selling cheese, nuts, or a nice vegetable juice blend.

While I buy other stuff occasionally (mainly computer/electronic components and clothes), it's not often enough to say that I have significant "demand" for it, and computer components at least are unusually high-demand in this community.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 08:46:15 AM

annoying transfer fees

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 09:52:41 AM

Shipping is expensive, so I'm not especially interested in tangible goods unless they are locally hard to find (clothing/shoes for vegans, someone please do this), interesting (geeky gadgets? gifts?) or cheap (I sometimes buy computer hardware for BTC). I usually spend BTC on intangible goods, and I wish there were more things I can do online with Bitcoin. Bitcointorrentz is an interesting service for example. And I don't see nearly enough VPS and VoIP providers accepting Bitcoin.
flix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1227

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 06:45:50 PM

What about BTC poor??!!

They should find out goods and services that the BTC rich want... and provide them.
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 04:15:31 AM

Shipping is expensive, so I'm not especially interested in tangible goods unless they are locally hard to find (clothing/shoes for vegans, someone please do this), interesting (geeky gadgets? gifts?) or cheap (I sometimes buy computer hardware for BTC). I usually spend BTC on intangible goods, and I wish there were more things I can do online with Bitcoin. Bitcointorrentz is an interesting service for example. And I don't see nearly enough VPS and VoIP providers accepting Bitcoin.

The reason there are not a lot of VOIP providers is quite simply, it takes a lot of investment in time to implement a process in which payments can be made, most customers what everything in real time that means they do not want to wait, and therefore to process payments manually does not work, most bitcoin users use VOIP services from major players, not the small guys ironically it is the small guys that offer VOIP services for the tiny bitcoin market, the large VOIP vendors do not care about the success or failure of Bitcoin, nevertheless most bitcoin buyers prefer the big guys.

I know this for a fact, I ran a bitcoin voip bussiness, and nearly all my customers are non bitcoin users, the reason I ran the business in Bitcoin is because it is a sound currency that I strongly believe in, and what to help to make it a success, and many of the small voip providers that accept Bitcoin also want it to be a success, nevertheless the average bitcoin user that uses VOIP is using voip from a major vendor that has absolutely no interest whatsoever in the Bitcoin economy.

If you do not believe major VOIP vendors do not care about Bitcoin, mane me one that cares, I can not think of a single one, all the ones that do care are all small players, some smaller than others but none at the level of the big guys, the same can bit said about other areas in the bitcoin economy.

About a month ago I implemented a shopping cart to allow to buy phone credit in bitcoins, well the shopping cart has almost 0 customers.

Since the market is tiny for VOIP in Bitcoins, and most users using the large players which do not support Bitcoin, I think the VOIP market is very large for the demand that exists in Bitcoins, if you do not believe me take a look in the trade section under Bitcoin businesses for voip a lot of the Bitcoin VOIP providers from a year ago are gone now and the reason is lack of market.

And this problem is not only for VOIP it is for all products, a lot of small sellers and very few buyers, if we want Bitcoin to be successful we have to prefer using businesses that accept Bitcoins, that has a price to be paid and that is limited choices and usually small businesses nevertheless it is what is needed, I personally try whenever possible to spend bitcoins within the bitcoin community.

In brief, what I am trying to suggest is that we must try for the Bitcoin economy to depend on its own, would it not be great if you could go to the supermarket and pay directly in Bitcoins, or go to a parts store and be able to pay in Bitcoins, for that to happen we must support vendors  that support bitcoins whenever possible and the market will grow, otherwise it will also grow but at a lot slower pace.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 08:19:02 AM

The reason there are not a lot of VOIP providers is quite simply, it takes a lot of investment in time to implement a process in which payments can be made, most customers what everything in real time that means they do not want to wait, and therefore to process payments manually does not work, most bitcoin users use VOIP services from major players, not the small guys ironically it is the small guys that offer VOIP services for the tiny bitcoin market, the large VOIP vendors do not care about the success or failure of Bitcoin, nevertheless most bitcoin buyers prefer the big guys.

I know this for a fact, I ran a bitcoin voip bussiness, and nearly all my customers are non bitcoin users, the reason I ran the business in Bitcoin is because it is a sound currency that I strongly believe in, and what to help to make it a success, and many of the small voip providers that accept Bitcoin also want it to be a success, nevertheless the average bitcoin user that uses VOIP is using voip from a major vendor that has absolutely no interest whatsoever in the Bitcoin economy.

If you do not believe major VOIP vendors do not care about Bitcoin, mane me one that cares, I can not think of a single one, all the ones that do care are all small players, some smaller than others but none at the level of the big guys, the same can bit said about other areas in the bitcoin economy.

About a month ago I implemented a shopping cart to allow to buy phone credit in bitcoins, well the shopping cart has almost 0 customers.

Since the market is tiny for VOIP in Bitcoins, and most users using the large players which do not support Bitcoin, I think the VOIP market is very large for the demand that exists in Bitcoins, if you do not believe me take a look in the trade section under Bitcoin businesses for voip a lot of the Bitcoin VOIP providers from a year ago are gone now and the reason is lack of market.

And this problem is not only for VOIP it is for all products, a lot of small sellers and very few buyers, if we want Bitcoin to be successful we have to prefer using businesses that accept Bitcoins, that has a price to be paid and that is limited choices and usually small businesses nevertheless it is what is needed, I personally try whenever possible to spend bitcoins within the bitcoin community.

In brief, what I am trying to suggest is that we must try for the Bitcoin economy to depend on its own, would it not be great if you could go to the supermarket and pay directly in Bitcoins, or go to a parts store and be able to pay in Bitcoins, for that to happen we must support vendors  that support bitcoins whenever possible and the market will grow, otherwise it will also grow but at a lot slower pace.

somewhat relevant...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82949.msg917201#msg917201

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
LD-ZOGY8

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 01:39:21 AM

You mean those people who ride around in horse driven carts, and build their houses without electricity or any technology whatsoever? I'm sure there's heaps of them posting on this internet forum lol
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 02:59:04 AM

guns and gold at the top, fuck yeah.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:30:22 PM

You mean those people who ride around in horse driven carts, and build their houses without electricity or any technology whatsoever? I'm sure there's heaps of them posting on this internet forum lol

Brother Zebadiah, do you take bitcoins from the English?  Grin

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:32:12 PM

Brother Zebadiah, do you take bitcoins from the English?  Grin
Nay, Brother, I only generate my own untainted blocks from the heavenly sunlight and/or wind. Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: