Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][APT] Aptcoin★ASIC Resistant Scrypt In-Motion(NM) w/Aptcurve Retargeting  (Read 56711 times)
La_boutique_du_mineur

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:46:51 AM

An exchange please !

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toughlife

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:56:28 PM

no pool,no independent miner,no exchange.
It's a dead coin.
aptcoin (OP)

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:52:16 AM

It's a dead coin.

Cpuminer is an independent miner and has been in the github for some time now.

We're working on final testing for the new difficulty re-target algorithm as I type on testnet.  When that problem is solved, all else will follow.  We are targeting some point next week for the release, but since we'll need everyone to update the wallet, it won't take effect for a few days after that release.

TheCoinFinder dropped off the map so stratum testing for pools has ceased.  Anyone else want to volunteer to work with us and be the first Aptcoin pool available?
radus

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:55:00 AM

It's a dead coin.

We're working on final testing for the new difficulty re-target algorithm as I type on testnet.  When that problem is solved, all else will follow.  We are targeting some point next week for the release, but since we'll need everyone to update the wallet, it won't take effect for a few days after that release.

TheCoinFinder dropped off the map so stratum testing for pools has ceased.  Anyone else want to volunteer to work with us and be the first Aptcoin pool available?

Why would anyone do that? The coin is worthless, you can't use it anywhere - no merchants accept it. It's not on a trade, so people who can't mine (or doesn't want to mine), can't get it. There is literally no PR and advertising, so it's only a small percentage that know of this coin (I found it by accident). The only outstanding feature of this coin is the algorithm, which in my book isn't groundbreaking and actually kinda stupid considering the amount of time and work you need to put into it, just to maintain a somewhat stable block generation. There is no roadmap, so we can't see what you have planned for this coin, let alone why anyone should invest in it. You didn't even bother to link to a compiled cpuminer in the OP.

This coin might be legit, but the work behind it stinks. I wouldn't expect it to survive the winter if this incompetent marketing scheme continues.

If you are in dire need of help, just ask.

woot

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:13:26 AM

/What good is a pool if you can still solo mine? But I agree, it would be nice to see this up on mintpal or something
rigging

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:37:15 AM

APT has stuck here,no more progress for months.  Angry Angry

██████    ... ANTSHARES, DIGITAL ASSETS FOR EVERYONE  ...    ██████
████    ... ANTSHARES ICO STARTS AUGUST 8th  ...     ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ANTSHARES     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ (https://antshares.com/?ref=rigging)
GimmeMyCoins

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:41:24 PM

When can we expect the updated wallet? I am eagerly awaiting the direction this coin takes after the update so any info in that area would also be nice.
hybrid2

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:09:59 PM

Forget about this coin ... that coin has no feature ... i stop mining it Smiley Another shitty ...
GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:21:52 AM

Forget about this coin ... that coin has no feature ... i stop mining it Smiley Another shitty ...

More coins for me!  Grin
aptcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:14:22 PM

When can we expect the updated wallet? I am eagerly awaiting the direction this coin takes after the update so any info in that area would also be nice.

Thanks for your patience.  We're still in testing, but it should be ready in the next day or so.  Hang in there, big things to come, but since we are a totally new kind of coin, we are focusing our efforts on the backend so that things like pools and exchanges are possible.  All in due time.
SpiderCoin

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:38:13 AM

Are there any bounties available?
radus

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:30:39 AM

Are there any bounties available?

Don't count on it
Quote from: aptcoin
Premine – None. There is no premine with Aptcoin.

siliconchip

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:59:55 AM

still no standalone miner yet?

radus

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:02:49 AM

still no standalone miner yet?

Yes and no.

You can find the CPU Miner here, but you need to compile it yourself.

Singman33

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:18:10 AM

I will provide my link for already compiled cpuminer, but dont spam it : http://singman.no-ip.biz/download/minerd-apt.zip
Tell me you have any problem with it.
aptcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

Quick update: We've been testing the new re-target and things are appearing good here on testnet.  The real world is of course different than test environments, but we're wrapping up our testing and are looking to release a new wallet soon.  The question we're debating is which block to start the new re-target on since it's a hard fork.  We're assuming the people watching this forum are the majority of the people running wallets, so we wanted to get a gauge of how long it would take to get everyone updated.  We're guessing about a week, but could be convinced to go a shorter time (~4 days or so) given that there are no known pool operators that might be the most likely to create a competing chain.

Anyone want to comment?
radus

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:49:13 AM

Quick update: We've been testing the new re-target and things are appearing good here on testnet.  The real world is of course different than test environments, but we're wrapping up our testing and are looking to release a new wallet soon.  The question we're debating is which block to start the new re-target on since it's a hard fork.  We're assuming the people watching this forum are the majority of the people running wallets, so we wanted to get a gauge of how long it would take to get everyone updated.  We're guessing about a week, but could be convinced to go a shorter time (~4 days or so) given that there are no known pool operators that might be the most likely to create a competing chain.

Anyone want to comment?

How about block #10,000 ? Should be in roughly 7 days from now.

GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:30:13 PM

Quick update: We've been testing the new re-target and things are appearing good here on testnet.  The real world is of course different than test environments, but we're wrapping up our testing and are looking to release a new wallet soon.  The question we're debating is which block to start the new re-target on since it's a hard fork.  We're assuming the people watching this forum are the majority of the people running wallets, so we wanted to get a gauge of how long it would take to get everyone updated.  We're guessing about a week, but could be convinced to go a shorter time (~4 days or so) given that there are no known pool operators that might be the most likely to create a competing chain.

Anyone want to comment?

How about block #10,000 ? Should be in roughly 7 days from now.

7 days sounds good to me also.
Singman33

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

Agree for block# 10000.
SpiderCoin

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:19:18 PM

Cool, cant wait to check my client and see something other than 13 all the time  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: