Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:41:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][APT] Aptcoin★ASIC Resistant Scrypt In-Motion(NM) w/Aptcurve Retargeting  (Read 56710 times)
jojo_le_haricot

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:37:35 AM

I never used Yobit.net so making some research, it was created 1 year ago and there is no proof it's a scam.
However, there seems to be more and more complaints about processing delays and customer support.

For more informations :
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2016/02/28/problems-with-withdrawals-support-reported-at-bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-yobit/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1378867.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914975.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:56:37 AM

Hi.

Just to know, why mining reward is now 50 APT (since this morning) instead of 42 APT before block 105120 ?

aptcoin (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 01:37:34 AM

Hi.

Just to know, why mining reward is now 50 APT (since this morning) instead of 42 APT before block 105120 ?

That's how it's designed.  Block 105120 was the estimated first year cut-off at the time of launch.  That period was a bit of a burn-in and now it's on the normal schedule.  50 APT is the block reward for all remaining time with the exception of reward halvings.
jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:54:55 AM

That's how it's designed.  Block 105120 was the estimated first year cut-off at the time of launch.  That period was a bit of a burn-in and now it's on the normal schedule.  50 APT is the block reward for all remaining time with the exception of reward halvings.

Ok thanks for the answer.

Otherwise no news about APT ? Topic seems dead this week  Sad
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:25:19 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 08:01:53 AM by shojayxt

What is the problem requiring difficulty re-targeting?  We're already using Apt-Curve, which was designed specifically for this coin.  I'm not aware of further shortcomings.

I have never heard of yobit.  Can anyone else vouch for them being legitimate and not a scam?  How long have they been around?

If everyone thinks it's a good idea, I'm supportive of you or someone else starting a donation pot.  I will donate some too, although I'm skeptical of this exchange because I've never heard of them.  Maybe I'm behind and they're great.  Let me know what others think?

It seems like you get stuck on a high n-factor of 12 or 13 for a long time then when you solve a block it drops significantly and you find several blocks rapidly and then the n-factor goes back up significantly then a block and lower n-factor a couple blocks and repeat.   A smoother change in n-factor would be nice.  I'm just mining this now and then to help keep the chain viable for now until hopefully some new development comes along.

Edit:

I've started a donation pot and funded it with an initial 30.000 APT http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

If you want to donate and have an issue with me holding the donation coins we can look for someone else to hold them.  But lets get that donation total over 100.000 so we have enough to do something with.
jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:21:10 AM

Glad to see everybody is not dead !

What is the main goal of the donation pot ? I can give too but I want to know why before  Grin
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:38:39 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 11:50:05 AM by shojayxt

What is the main goal of the donation pot ? I can give too but I want to know why before  Grin

The purpose of the donation pot is to get APT listed on an exchange, pay for the block explorer, fund a decent website, and provide incentive for development.

I don't think many people realize that this is a CPU coin.  If they did they would likely be mining it.

I'm working on getting this coin listed on an exchange.

It's already on the voting list at c-cex but I'm not going to pay the .35 to beat the current leader.  If you want to help get the coin listed then vote for it at https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:09:03 PM

What is the main goal of the donation pot ? I can give too but I want to know why before  Grin

The purpose of the donation pot is to get APT listed on an exchange, pay for the block explorer, fund a decent website, and provide incentive for development.

I don't think many people realize that this is a CPU coin.  If they did they would likely be mining it.

I'm working on getting this coin listed on an exchange.

It's already on the voting list at c-cex but I'm not going to pay the .35 to beat the current leader.  If you want to help get the coin listed then vote for it at https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

Ok and when we will have 100k APT in the pot what will happen ? because as long as 1APT is not valuable, it's hard to pay with it

PS : I already buy a domain and pay a few each month for the (simple but working) website : http://aptcoin.net/
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:32:21 AM

I honestly was so surprised when I first stumbled upon this coin and how easily I was able to actually hit blocks here and there Smiley So it's a perfectly functional coin so let's get it listed to trade Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:25:59 AM

What is the problem requiring difficulty re-targeting?  We're already using Apt-Curve, which was designed specifically for this coin.  I'm not aware of further shortcomings.

I have never heard of yobit.  Can anyone else vouch for them being legitimate and not a scam?  How long have they been around?

If everyone thinks it's a good idea, I'm supportive of you or someone else starting a donation pot.  I will donate some too, although I'm skeptical of this exchange because I've never heard of them.  Maybe I'm behind and they're great.  Let me know what others think?

It seems like you get stuck on a high n-factor of 12 or 13 for a long time then when you solve a block it drops significantly and you find several blocks rapidly and then the n-factor goes back up significantly then a block and lower n-factor a couple blocks and repeat.   A smoother change in n-factor would be nice.  I'm just mining this now and then to help keep the chain viable for now until hopefully some new development comes along.

Edit:

I've started a donation pot and funded it with an initial 30.000 APT http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

If you want to donate and have an issue with me holding the donation coins we can look for someone else to hold them.  But lets get that donation total over 100.000 so we have enough to do something with.

I want more action and interest with this coin so I sent 70k APT to the donnation pot.
http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

Hopping this helps and it will only be used to promote the coin and add it on exchanges.
Here are the 100k, so what's next ?
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 04:57:13 AM

Edit:

I want more action and interest with this coin so I sent 70k APT to the donnation pot.
http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

Hopping this helps and it will only be used to promote the coin and add it on exchanges.
Here are the 100k, so what's next ?

I thought I might have an exchange listing but after some initial correspondence with the operator of the exchange I haven't heard anything back for a few days.  I received your donation.  Thank You.  If it isn't used to get listed on an exchange it will be returned.       
jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:43:52 AM

Maybe you can try with Yobit. I think you have to pay 0.1BTC to get listed but maybe we can have an arrangement to pay in APT.
jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 10:45:09 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2016, 11:03:04 AM by jojo_le_haricot

I made a request to Yobit asking if we can pay them with some APT to get listed.

I also made a request to Poloniex with the new coin form request here : https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Everybody can make the request once, take some time to do it. More interested they see with APT more chance we have to get listed.

Let's see...
Undead_Phenix

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 04:47:08 AM

It's a shame that this coin has no further development since launch.

aptcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:25:06 AM

It's a shame that this coin has no further development since launch.

It's open source.  You're welcome to add code or propose improvements.
aptcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:25:08 PM

Strangely enough, this is by design and it's working as intended.  Smoother changes in n-factor can't really be coordinated without opening up new attack surfaces.

The issue is that it takes a long time to hash high n-factors and a short amount of time to hash low n-factors.  The only real parameter that can be tweaked there is the difficulty, which helps to balance things -- but it can't be too drastic either.  In most coins, the amount the difficulty can change (in either direction) is tapered so that the swings are not so large.  Apt-curve specifically addresses that for  this coin and allows significantly larger swings as calculated to keep the average amount of time for the last N number of blocks to match the target time.  But that's an average time across N blocks, not the time on average for any particular n-factor.  It still means higher ones take longer and shorter ones are quick.

If you think of it as transaction processing, it's true that the network can appear stuck for some time while working on a high n-factor, but as transactions pile up, they are all cleared shortly after unless the network is really unlucky and gets a string of high n-factors in a row.

The n-factors are truly random and are computed based on the winning hash of the previous round.  It's crucial that it can't be predicted what n-factors are upcoming otherwise miners can easily attack the network by jumping in on the scheduled low n-factors and jumping out for the high ones, leaving the chain completely unviable at a high difficulty.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 08:54:20 AM

I really like this coin and think we should work on getting it listed somewhere to trade for sure Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

jojo_le_haricot

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:37:13 AM

Ok with you but what more can we do than asking exchanges to list it ?
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 07:13:18 PM

Strangely enough, this is by design and it's working as intended.  Smoother changes in n-factor can't really be coordinated without opening up new attack surfaces.

The issue is that it takes a long time to hash high n-factors and a short amount of time to hash low n-factors.  The only real parameter that can be tweaked there is the difficulty, which helps to balance things -- but it can't be too drastic either.  In most coins, the amount the difficulty can change (in either direction) is tapered so that the swings are not so large.  Apt-curve specifically addresses that for  this coin and allows significantly larger swings as calculated to keep the average amount of time for the last N number of blocks to match the target time.  But that's an average time across N blocks, not the time on average for any particular n-factor.  It still means higher ones take longer and shorter ones are quick.

If you think of it as transaction processing, it's true that the network can appear stuck for some time while working on a high n-factor, but as transactions pile up, they are all cleared shortly after unless the network is really unlucky and gets a string of high n-factors in a row.

The n-factors are truly random and are computed based on the winning hash of the previous round.  It's crucial that it can't be predicted what n-factors are upcoming otherwise miners can easily attack the network by jumping in on the scheduled low n-factors and jumping out for the high ones, leaving the chain completely unviable at a high difficulty.

Thanks for the technical breakdown of the N-Factor implementation.  Although it is possible to create a GPU miner for this coin it is highly unlikely that it would be able to make GPU mining significantly more productive than CPU mining at this time.  However if this coin were to somehow obtain a value of any significance it would only be a short time before a GPU miner with increased hashrates would be able to make CPU mining obsolete.  If you do anything I would suggest working on a GPU miner since having them public significantly increases the longevity and potential interest in the coin.
YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 03:47:07 PM

AptCoin [APT] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/APT/BTC
AptCoin Dice: https://yobit.net/en/dice/APT

Code:
[url=https://yobit.net/en/trade/APT/BTC][img]https://yobit.net/imginfo/APT[/img][/url]

Donate APT coins to our Giveaway: https://yobit.net/en/freecoins/

Please report about APT update/fork/issue here: https://yobit.net/en/reportupdate/APT

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print