Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:25:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinDark to make Bitcoin anonymous  (Read 3328 times)
SpringfieldM1A (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:23:35 AM

I learned about this press release and wanted to share:

Bitcoin Made Anonymous By BitcoinDark’s Unprecedented Cryptocurrency Teleport Technology

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-made-anonymous-bitcoindark-unprecedented-033200415.html

I know, "altcoins" are heavily scrutinized by the Bitcoin community. But BitcoinDark does not have the ambition to compete with Bitcoin, it is rather a platform to make cryptocurrencies anonymous in general, even the king of kings itself.

quote from the press release :

"BitcoinDark is not just an innovative anonymous cryptocurrency: it is an evolving toolbox of cutting edge technology for cryptocurrency developers and enthusiasts worldwide. With its collaborative spirit, planned super network of many different cryptocurrencies utilizing BTCD core infrastructure, anonymous transactions for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, decentralized InstantDEX currency exchange and much more – BitcoinDark is not just a cryptocurrency but a revolutionary digital currency infrastructure"

In light of the ongoing discussion about Bitcoin legislation, do you think BitcoinDark could serve a purpose in keeping Bitcoin the way it was intended; decentralized and anonymous? I am looking forward to the discussion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:43:14 AM

Will not happen for the same reason that zerocoin wasn't rolled into the btc protocol
Anonymity at odds with mainstream adoption. Can have either but not both.
Wait and watch

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:50:30 AM

Will not happen for the same reason that zerocoin wasn't rolled into the btc protocol
Wait and watch
Actually it is possible to make bitcoin anon without any bitcoin core changes

I know sounds too good to be true.
http://bitscan.com/articles/anonymity-why-dark-is-the-new-black has a layman's explanation

http://www.flipgorilla.com/p/23023990364728535/show#/23023990364728535/0 has DarkPaper which goes into more details on how it is possible

https://github.com/jl777/libjl777 has the source code for the work in progress that is working to teleport BTCD and I dont expect it to take much more work to get it to teleport BTC itself

James

P.S. The mainstream really has no impact as bitcoin cannot prevent itself from being teleported!

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:59:34 AM

Don't forget the BTCD team up with https://coinomat.com/ to bring out a debit card using the visa network. Smiley

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

Wait and watch

Governments all over the world are starting to look at crypto currency with a view to tax earnings.

I think this reason alone will lead to a greater need for privacy......beware of the tax man  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
cryptnutter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:47:02 AM

BitcoinDark is just another altcoin. There is no need to sell BTC to buy one of these so called anonymous altcoins if you are seeking privacy as there are plenty of ways of anonymizing your Bitcoin transactions (use a new address every time, use shared coin when you send, use exchanges, use the upcoming darkwallet).

I don't see any of these "anonymous" coins surpassing Bitcoin any time soon.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:49:54 AM

BitcoinDark is just another altcoin. There is no need to sell BTC to buy one of these so called anonymous altcoins if you are seeking privacy as there are plenty of ways of anonymizing your Bitcoin transactions (use a new address every time, use shared coin when you send, use exchanges, use the upcoming darkwallet).

Don't forget to use coin control.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
jd1959

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:03:02 AM

I don't think it's about replacing Bitcoin or any other coin......I see it as evolution  Wink

noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:19:13 AM

I was thinking of what if the coin can change names and automatically mix it and then combing to one address, that would be a pretty cool blockchain for anonymizing coins

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:30:14 AM

I don't think it's about replacing Bitcoin or any other coin......I see it as evolution  Wink
Most evolutionary branches fail and go extinct.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
SpringfieldM1A (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

That is why BitcoinDark is different. It's not 'just another altcoin' BitcoinDark aims to be a platform, providing anonymous support for any cryptocurrency, even Bitcoin itself. Herein lies the elegance in my opinion, instead of creating a coin to try and copy Bitcoin's succes, Bitcoindark aims to enhance rather than compete. If Bitcoindark was 'just another altcoin' I wouldn't dare to post this message in the lions den.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:42:42 AM

That is why BitcoinDark is different. It's not 'just another altcoin' BitcoinDark aims to be a platform, providing anonymous support for any cryptocurrency, even Bitcoin itself. Herein lies the elegance in my opinion, instead of creating a coin to try and copy Bitcoin's succes, Bitcoindark aims to enhance rather than compete. If Bitcoindark was 'just another altcoin' I wouldn't dare to post this message in the lions den.

I feel like I just stepped in doggie doo.

jd1959

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:54:38 AM

Most evolutionary branches fail and go extinct.
That's the wonderful thing about it, no matter how many fail some will succeed....who would have put money on the platypus

http://australianmuseum.net.au/Platypus

NUD

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:28:46 PM

Anonymous is a strong term, we have yet to see one cryptocurrency achieve that instead of boasting about "anonymity".

Simply integrating mixing or wiring the transactions via Tor/L2P isn't enough, integrating mixing and claiming anonymity makes about as much sense as lowering the block speed and claiming to be the "fastest altcoin" or "the altcoin with the fastest transactions". It implies that there is some original innovation when there is none.

I might not be on here 24/7 looking into every single altcoin but as far as I know we are the only candidate that got it so far, however we are pretty early into development ourselves.

@NUDTeam
NEaaHBhhjaTK36mYiSvPGjSjThDWN5gXgM
BBQcopter

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 01:54:32 PM

none of these coins are going to work, since they all just for pumping and dumping, there is not enough, faith in alt coins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: