Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:34:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the rules of this forum?  (Read 824 times)
Lone Wanderer (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:15:06 PM

as the title says I want to know the rules to follow I've seen the forum moderation policy but that doesn't help much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

*facepalm* Roll Eyes

Why haven't you looked 4 threads down in Meta before making a new thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:16:41 PM

as the title says I want to know the rules to follow I've seen the forum moderation policy but that doesn't help much.

Where have you found that "forum moderation policy"?
 I have never read or heard of such thing...

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

Here. It's rather basic and doesn't cover much. But, mprep unofficial guidelines  probably cover a lot more and answer a lot of peoples questions.
Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:37:18 PM

Here. It's rather basic and doesn't cover much. But, mprep unofficial guidelines  probably cover a lot more and answer a lot of peoples questions.

Oh thanks for the link.
I have been visiting bitcointalk for like 9 months now, and haven't read that before. Shame on me! Tongue

BTW, I see trolling posts, "hold hold hold" posts, uninteresting threads and ref spam posts frequently.
And I have found a few threads with [NSFW] tag in the title lol.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

Oh thanks for the link.
I have been visiting bitcointalk for like 9 months now, and haven't read that before. Shame on me! Tongue

BTW, I see trolling posts, "hold hold hold" posts, uninteresting threads and ref spam posts frequently.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

The NSFW content situation changed a bit - you can post about NSFW content bit you can't embed NSFW images (although you can link to them) and you have to mark NSFW content accordingly.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:50:32 PM

Oh thanks for the link.

It's recommended if you do think a thread/post is inappropriate or not following the guidelines then you should report it, the moderators will then decide that for themselves and will make a decision.  Just remember that because you report a thread which isn't following the recommended guidelines doesn't mean the moderator will agree with you. The moderators to my knowledge do not follow any strict policies and take their own initiative.

I'm not 100% sure on the "[NSFW]" tags. But, it seems that it's now acceptable to have those types of threads as long as there is a tag within the title. I don't think this is directly breaking any of the guidelines, but to be more polite to the community by letting them know before they enter a thread.

Edit: Thanks, mprep for clearing that up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: