Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB]/[WTR] your obsolete mining gear (EU area).  (Read 2281 times)
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:15:55 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 02:43:52 PM by macsga

GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING PROJECT

We want to buy/rent your obsolete gear!

Is your old mining rig not profitable anymore? We may have a use for it! We're building a mining farm and willing to either buy for a Reasonable Price Tag*, or pay shares for your device if you send it to us, as long as it's working properly and you're located into the EU/UK.  

We have the ability to operate a small-to-medium mining farm, at a low cost electricity area, into the EU, which will be monitored 24/7 by certified computer technicians. We guarantee a zero downtime and malfunctions free operation for your gear. We will provide maintenance (replacements of fans, faulty PSUs etc) as long as the gear is fixable and the problem is not huge.

Please understand that this is an experimental "get something from nothing" project and we don't know for sure if it gets profitable. If it doesn't, or you're not happy with your lending income, you may request your gear back and it will be shipped to your door (at your expenses).

Last but not least, our farm area is big, but not HUGE. Please understand that we're looking for a specific number of machines and/or GH/s power. When this number is reached we will stop accepting mining gear and/or offers.

How do you get paid

It's simple. We will set up an account for every mining gear on a mining pool (ie: Eligius, BTCGuild, etc). Monthly mining profit will be divided by 2. We split the net profit 50-50 with you, meaning 50% for us 50% for you.

"How much will this be? How do I know you don't steal my BTCs?"

You will be able to monitor the farm's minted BTCs via a screenshot of the mining account every 24 hours. This will be uploaded every 24h on a site for every participant to see. Every mining gear will be having a percentage according to it's hashing power.

An example:

Say you have provided to us a total of 500GH/s miner(s). If the pool totals up to 5000GH/s in mining power, you will have to get a 1/20 of the total farm gains. That's 1/10 of your provided mining power which will be divided by 2 (50-50 between the farm and you).
Still too complex for you? Say at the end of the month, your miner managed to mine BTC1.0. You get BTC0.5, we get BTC0.5. End of story.

Sales Frequently Asked Questions:
-Do you want my Jalapeno? Thank you, but no. The minimum GH/s is now set to 200GH/s; that means an Avalon (or similar) miner of 200GH/s or greater is the minimum you will have to lend us, or sell to us. The miner should be *FULLY OPERATIONAL* that means you *MUST* include the PSU.

-Shipping costs: are covered by us (Shipping destination is Greece)

-Escrow: I prefer Bitcoinvest from this forum, but any reputable forum member will be fine (you're paying the escrow costs). You can also use this guy here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708658.0

-Non Escrow: We're paying to your address half of the price we agreed:
a) when you mail me the post receipt scan with your nickname forum and date on it handwritten and
b) the package is located into the tracking site of the post office.
The other half will be delivered to you in the same bitcoin address when we receive the unit. If you have a trust of +2 or more from other transactions here, we may agree to pay upfront to your address when a) is verified.

-Paypal: If you have a verified account we can agree to get paid directly to your email for goods/services (+3% will be covered by you).

*Reasonable Price Tag:
-Remember you're selling us a used unit that we can't know for sure it's working properly until we plug it in.
-Remember that a BRAND NEW S3 Miner costs about 350Eur on Ebay (~0.9BTC) and delivers about 450GH/s. That means you must match at least that price when you decide to PM me. Also, please check my signature if you're seeking for the best price in new gen miners.

If you understand and agree with all the above, please PM me with your desired price or post here your questions and/or offers.

Thanks for looking.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:16:09 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 06:23:52 PM by macsga

H/W Installed & currently mining:
Total GH/s   -   Wattage

-    60GH/s -  ~300W
-   500GH/s -  ~340W
-   500GH/s -  ~340W
-   500GH/s -  ~480W
===================

Theoretical Total:1560GH/s - ~1460W
Actual Mining Total:1360GH/s - ~2000W (includes control unit, a/c & fans)

Pledged offers so far (not yet installed):
Total GH/s   -   Wattage

- 1600GH/s - ~2100W
-   200GH/s -  ~600W
===================

Total:1800GH/s - ~2900W

Last updated: 26 August 2014

bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:23:58 PM

Very Nice!
from my side i won't charge escrow fee.
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 12:26:17 PM

Very Nice!
from my side i won't charge escrow fee.

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:02:28 AM

Please keep in mind that I'm not always online and it might take a while to get a reply (usually within 1-2hrs). On the second post I will update the total pledged GH/s mining power according to the people who are willing to participate or pledged to do so.

Please keep those PMs coming!
Cheers.

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:31:21 AM

After a member's notice I've removed DyslexicZombei from the escrow list. I have Pm'd the guy and never replied. It turns out his account is hacked.

Thanks.

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:33:14 PM

- This weekend we will be installing the first two units that arrived into the farm. Every participant will have his own account (miners will be added as workers for those who provide more than 1) and he will be able to visually monitor this account with login/password. We're working for a viable solution on doing so "on demand" and not on a 24h basis as we first thought. I don't personally think that it really matters though, as the payments will be given away every 30 days. If you have any better thoughts on this, I'd love to read them.

- Another matter is the shipping costs. We're going to cover up to a logical amount for shipping the item to us, but under no circumstances we will accept an overnight courier delivery that costs 500euros! This project is NOT something that will make you millions, but will give you the ability to get something from your miners without paying the electricity costs. That's why we called it "Something from Nothing".

- Finally, there are some PMs with concerns regarding the mining pool(s) we proposed. If you have a certain preference, you just have to say so. We have no problem choosing a pool that fits your miner best.

Cheers.
Macsga.

eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:42:55 AM

I really like this idea, and i wish this was available in the U.S.  Much success to you and your mining partners.  Awesome idea !

eoakland

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:42:26 PM

I really like this idea, and i wish this was available in the U.S.  Much success to you and your mining partners.  Awesome idea !

eoakland

Thanks eoakland! You may be able to participate into this if the shipping costs are halved between us. We are willing to take partners outside of EU, but we need to figure out ways to eliminate shipping (and customs) costs. Actually there was a thought of getting the miners from a company like https://www.megabigpower.com/ but we revised our options due to the aforementioned reasons.

PM for details if you're interested and we will see if we can work something out...

Best,
Macsga

fishy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:44:04 PM

could you post some pictures please?

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:43:08 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 06:16:22 PM by macsga

could you post some pictures please?
Will do next Monday.Uploaded! We're short of some PSUs at the moment. Don't expect a super duper facility. It's a small-to-medium farm as I wrote above.

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:05:32 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 12:09:44 AM by macsga

As you probably have observed, we have changed the minimum mining unit to 200GH/s instead of a BFL-50. This is due to insufficient profit/power factor that these machines present compared to an S3 for instance. We're sorry for any inconvenience. Undecided

macsga (OP)
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:24:59 PM

Sorting things out with the shipping has turned out a small nightmare. The most economic way seems to be the EMS ground international which charges about 40eur for a 20kg pack. It's not insured so please take this in mind before attempting to ship your miner to us.

For the time being, and since the day of install (August 26) the farm has produced BTC0.21083463. We're mining all miners on BTCGuild.

Join today!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: