Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How come there are so many literal idiots on Bitcointalk?  (Read 3712 times)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 09:40:00 PM

I agree. I think that the masses tend to "promote" that the price of bitcoin will continue to go in the direction that it has gone in the previous short to medium term. You really do not even need to look at any charts or the price of bitcoin to know which direction the price is going, all you need to do is measure sentiment on the speculation subforum. 

Bears and bulls alike easily have their arguments shut down when the price has been climbing or falling. There is not much you can say about the direction when every response is "do you see which way the price has been going the past few days/weeks?!?!".

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

You sound like a very hateful person, with the kill yourself talk, but you do make a valid point:

I'm pretty sure a lot of people, especially in the speculation category are just kids, they do not have a clue if it "Will up or Will down" and the lack of proper spelling and grammer really gets to me...

But hey, if you can't fight them...

Such momentum rising star dojo reversal! Will down for sure now!11!1 Sell before bitcoin go 0, stupid HODLers!

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:33:13 AM

Humanity will never run out of fools. Call it evolution's way of trying, call it the scorn of humanity, but regardless: deal with it....

Change your perspective just once: learn to love the fools  Cool

efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:47:30 AM

Friendly discussion where the price is heading doesn't mean majority of us are idiot.

I can be bullish one day and bearish another day depend on the price, weather and hormone level.
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:50:26 AM

Friendly discussion where the price is heading doesn't mean majority of us are idiot.

I can be bullish one day and bearish another day depend on the price, weather and hormone level.

+1
hloren70

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:20:16 AM

I'm not even using this term figuratively. Most people here seem to be literal idiots. Not only do they type like idiots, but they also make claims without basis.

"It will fall now, sell now"
"It will go to moon, weak hands"
"Bitcoin is kill Sad Sad Sad"

^^^
WTF seriously?

Everytime you make any claim about price. Not "I think", but "It WILL" you HAVE to provide arguments WHY.

Provide exact calculation by which the Bitcoin should go to 100, 300, 1000, 10000.

If you don't do this you are a very stupid human being and should kill yourself.

Also, if you cannot sleep over the price changes and need to check daily, then it means you are so stupid you risked a big proportion of your income on a speculative asset. In which case I think you should kill yourself.

Someone had to say this.

I feel the same way. From what I have heard, this forum wasn't always like this. I heard it started to go downhill after the boom in late 2013 and especially after the introduction of Dogecoin with all that broken english crap.
brewsterz

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:32:25 PM

because u cant fit 2 turkeys in the toaster
cryptozio

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:43:03 PM

You are right the speculation forum it's full of worthless predictions but I still have fun reading it.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:17:50 PM

Yeah I tend to agree with many of the points that you made but not so much the killing yourselves part.  I think a clever meme or a popular term like "check yourself before you wreck yourself", would have been more appropriate.  It doesn't help get your point accross any better and makes you seem irrational,  I do understand your frustration though. 

This is how people try and manipulate the market in my opinion.  The fact that they don't give any real reasons or evidence for the outlandish statements should show their not credible or qualified to be giving advice in my opinion
spud21

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:30:24 PM

I'm not even using this term figuratively. Most people here seem to be literal idiots. Not only do they type like idiots, but they also make claims without basis.

^^^
WTF seriously?

Everytime you make any claim about price. Not "I think", but "It WILL" you HAVE to provide arguments WHY.

Provide exact calculation by which the Bitcoin should go to 100, 300, 1000, 10000.

If you don't do this you are a very stupid human being and should kill yourself.

Also, if you cannot sleep over the price changes and need to check daily, then it means you are so stupid you risked a big proportion of your income on a speculative asset. In which case I think you should kill yourself.

Someone had to say this.

I feel the same way. From what I have heard, this forum wasn't always like this. I heard it started to go downhill after the boom in late 2013 and especially after the introduction of Dogecoin with all that broken english crap.

Do you think the reason Satoshi stopped posting here is that it all started to go downhill? Maybe he thoght there are too many literal idiots on Bitcointalk.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:48:08 PM

TS .... Autism runs strong on this forum  Cheesy

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:14:22 AM

^^^
WTF seriously?

Someone had to say this.

Do you think the reason Satoshi stopped posting here is that it all started to go downhill? Maybe he thoght there are too many literal idiots on Bitcointalk.
The reason Satoshi stopped posting was because it wanted bitcoin to be able to grow and evolve on it's own. If he stayed here then he would likely have too much influence over bitcoin, essentially making BTC be backed by him.
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:59:35 AM

^^^
WTF seriously?

Someone had to say this.

This is nothing if you compare it with btc-e troll box Smiley
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:24:44 AM

^^^
WTF seriously?

Someone had to say this.

And btc-e troll box is nothing when comparing to Poloniex troll box.

itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:49:39 PM

^^^
WTF seriously?

Someone had to say this.

And btc-e troll box is nothing when comparing to Poloniex troll box.

Both of these troll boxes are designed to be able to catch actual vulnerabilities to their sites. There is often some level of truth when trolls make crazy accusations, even though trolls almost never want to prove what they claim.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: