Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations Scammers, you've killed the altcoin market  (Read 4374 times)
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:25:27 AM

Things really have slowed to a halt. But this is good, I could use a break before the next bull run Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:01:01 AM

Scammers did not kill the alternate market.  Developers, whales and greedy participants killed cryptos.

Right on.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:07:59 AM

What do you expect when there are 100 new alt coins each day?
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:24:16 AM

anyways the alt markets hardly dead, however I for one am hoping for a decent crash to thin the pack alittle (ok well alot).
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:01:35 AM

I am really liking the proof of developer thing. Anyone else think this might fix the silliness?
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:08:13 AM

How ironic r3wtt the topic starter I believe is the scammer who made an exchange and used the word "oh I got hacked" so its ok and here is a bitcointalk search on his name https://www.google.com/search?q=r3wt+scam+site:bitcointalk.org&client=firefox-a&hs=hCw&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&gws_rd=ssl
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:12:26 AM

I am really liking the proof of developer thing. Anyone else think this might fix the silliness?

i think exchanges need to be exceedingly more strict in adding coins, not limited to just proof of developer, I think any exchange that give investors confidence by doing this while still adding plenty of cryptos will become the (longterm) market leader.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:16:18 AM

How ironic r3wtt the topic starter I believe is the scammer who made an exchange and used the word "oh I got hacked" so its ok

and who better to have an opinion on the topic then someone who has been down that road?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:16:58 AM

i think exchanges need to be exceedingly more strict in adding coins, not limited to just proof of developer, I think any exchange that give investors confidence by doing this while still adding plenty of cryptos will become the (longterm) market leader.

I agree however its not reality. Any exchange that hasn't adopted the new coins is pretty much going out of business. I wish folks cared more about legitimacy of the coins. But if an effort was made by the other leaders in the field we would likely join them.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:46:12 AM

I agree however its not reality. Any exchange that hasn't adopted the new coins is pretty much going out of business. I wish folks cared more about legitimacy of the coins. But if an effort was made by the other leaders in the field we would likely join them.

ya that makes sense i guess LOL

and what kelsey said makes sense too..
if guys that have made coins before are complaining or what ever that is a good sign maybe ?
and maybe they are more qualified than most to talk on the issue or at least should have a interesting perspective / view point on the matter.

i have defended exchanges before such as cryptsy by saying they are screwed if they do and screw if they don't.
it's a vicious circle like a snake eating it's tail and it has no where to go but down !

FUD first & ask questions later™
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:58:00 AM

Disagree, I think its the only reality for long term survival of the exchanges, easy to pass the buck and say bittrex is adding every shit scam coin, we have to too keep up.
Each shitcoin cycle will get worse for the exchanges that don't screen coins to protect their user base. Only thing that surprises me is you guys have got this far.
You'll get a peak user base that'll make all look like the right path, but when liquidity dries up it happens fast, and unlike the real market, with no actual assets backing any shitcoins there won't be a floor.

Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:04:56 AM

Ban IP  of China in coins  removes 99% of problems

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:13:08 AM

lol and you would have never seen 1k+ USD for bitcoin  Wink
wenben

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:35:08 AM

Alt coin market has now dropped below 200 million USD. Discuss.

How does price dropped has anything to do with scammers?

Speculators getting into altcoins knowing full well most of the coins are pump and dump. It is the same group of people who lose the most.
Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:06:09 AM

lol and you would have never seen 1k+ USD for bitcoin  Wink
Traderboots of Mark Karpeles climbed to 1K Bitcoin, not de scammers and thief of china. Chinese ruin every business

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:31:05 AM

Alt coin market has now dropped below 200 million USD. Discuss.

How does price dropped has anything to do with scammers?

Speculators getting into altcoins knowing full well most of the coins are pump and dump. It is the same group of people who lose the most.

well for one thing it's a chain reaction i think..
mass coin cloning has caused a lot of guys to quit this shit.
so if they quit prices are going to tank as they cash out and often rip someone off on the way out the door (lot of so called hacks have happened)
Mark i think realized his mountain was cracking and he had to cash out while BTC was still high and she set it all in motion.. on purpose.
and honestly i'd prob do the same.. it's logical.

this placeWorld Wide scene is full of snotty brats..
when i was a little dipshit in the 80's i had to move soon from some place and i stole my best friends Walkman on purpose ! ..opportunity  Cool
Loud mouth little crypto dipshit and their scammer old brothers want one thing........ money.
few people give a flying fuck about this scene in the slightest.

i see it as a biting the hand that feeds you issue.. and why fuck the system up for short term gain when you can do the right thing and make far more and for far longer ?
The majority in Crypto (the altcoin) scene are dumb
I am the smart one an i am always right and i predict tons of shit and i get to say i told you so non stop.
Greed.
greed = this scene is dead.
no way to fix it with out regulation.. and it's NOT coming !

i have said it, over and over like a broken record and i am right and you will all see and i will say i told you so once again.
and i also said no one will accept responsibility for it either.. Exchanges and pools will say "user demand" and users will point the finger at others.
i called it last year.. and that is precisely what is happening RIGHT NOW !

FUD first & ask questions later™
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:40:13 AM

i've been away for 5 days, and i return with the forum full of "dead coin thread". Should i be scared?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:43:43 AM

because you think that chinese live only in china lol, they are everywhere
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:15:51 AM

I am pretty sure every investor in the altcoin market knows that 98% of the coins are either a pump and dump or a scam. But because of greed they try to "play" the market, because they see these +400% popping up every day.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:21:18 AM

I am pretty sure every investor in the altcoin market knows that 98% of the coins are either a pump and dump or a scam. But because of greed they try to "play" the market, because they see these +400% popping up every day.

yes however the 2% suffer because of it ie those legitimately trying to advance cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: