Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to import private key and wallet from localbitcoins.com?  (Read 3086 times)
sblade (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:35:18 PM

I've bough some bitcoins and they gave me a new bitcoin address, however I don't have total access to it since it's web based. I need the private key to import the wallet to MultiBit or android apps. Any way to do this?
Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:37:20 PM

I've bough some bitcoins and they gave me a new bitcoin address, however I don't have total access to it since it's web based. I need the private key to import the wallet to MultiBit or android apps. Any way to do this?

You can now create a new Multibit wallet, and withdraw the bitcoin from localbitcoins to your newly created address in your Multibit wallet.

sblade (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:23:25 PM

You can now create a new Multibit wallet, and withdraw the bitcoin from localbitcoins to your newly created address in your Multibit wallet.
I see, but that way I don't own the original wallet, and have to pay fee for the transaction.
Lieji

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:27:29 PM

I see, but that way I don't own the original wallet, and have to pay fee for the transaction.

Yup, you don't own the address or wallet on localbitcoins, no matter what.

The deposit addresses on exchanges like bitstamp, coinbase, btc-e, localbitcoins are solely controlled by the exchange itself (Exactly as you said, you don't have the access to the private key).
The account holder only has a record of his account balance in the exchange's database.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

You don't have a wallet on LocalBitcoins (or Coinbase, or any exchange for that matter). You have an account. People call it a wallet, but it is not a wallet. It is really just an account.

If you want to withdraw BTC from your account, you have to send it to a wallet that you own (or perhaps send it to another account).

As explained above, you already don't own the address (or the wallet). The fee for sending BTC is generally about 5 cents. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. You could pay the fee and be done with it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
sblade (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:33:18 PM

What about blockchain.info?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3234

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:12:44 PM

What about blockchain.info?

Blockchain.info sends you a copy of your wallet when you back it up. You can also have it dump your private keys directly on the page.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
sblade (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:16:34 AM

Blockchain.info sends you a copy of your wallet when you back it up. You can also have it dump your private keys directly on the page.
Thanks, looking ant the faq it allows to import and export private keys or wallets. Thumbs up for blockchain.info.
meadefreling

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:42:03 AM

Why not try  blockchain.info i believe it will answer your question.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: