Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:15:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NXT] Launch of Nxt Marketplace  (Read 7093 times)
cobaltskky

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

to make more better goodness

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:43:13 AM

SELLING: A Picture Of The Butt That Saved Bter*

Since I haven't made a dime off my participation in the negotiations, I figured that I'd try to capitalize on my "stardom" using the new digital goods store. ::shameless self-promotion::  lol

NXT-QT7P-HWS6-SABB-G59H8

Grin

Here's a pic of me in public a couple years back.  I haven't changed much, except now I have dark hair with blue streaks in it:

Now you know that you won't get a pic of some morbidly obese man butt. lol

For the full Bter heist story(with some poetic flare), read here: http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0814/cryptocurrpbterjob.htm

*I and this sale are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Bter.com

Check out the latest Nxt video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWTtFZroEA
ChuckOne (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:06:33 AM

Rofl. You must be kidding.
TheWhale

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:01:35 AM

Rofl. You must be kidding.

she's not kidding  Cheesy
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:12:49 AM

SELLING: A Picture Of The Butt That Saved Bter*

Since I haven't made a dime off my participation in the negotiations, I figured that I'd try to capitalize on my "stardom" using the new digital goods store. ::shameless self-promotion::  lol

NXT-QT7P-HWS6-SABB-G59H8

Grin

Here's a pic of me in public a couple years back.  I haven't changed much, except now I have dark hair with blue streaks in it:

Now you know that you won't get a pic of some morbidly obese man butt. lol

For the full Bter heist story(with some poetic flare), read here: http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0814/cryptocurrpbterjob.htm

*I and this sale are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Bter.com

I admit. You are crazy. Haha

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 09:33:58 AM

Retweet!!!

https://twitter.com/sepehrmohamadi/status/502022327710646274

eB101

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:40:37 PM

Some aliases here, from Aliasgroup account:
(http://presentation101.com/aliasgroup/)

NXT-T3F9-K3YS-FGDE-2B6QR
apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 11:56:46 AM

Ludom has original articles for sale - and the first DGS crowdfunding campaign! (product 06)   Smiley

NXT-EAVH-SLEV-KSEE-EE2KP

Ludom

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:54:07 PM

Ludom has original articles for sale - and the first DGS crowdfunding campaign! (product 06)   Smiley

NXT-EAVH-SLEV-KSEE-EE2KP

The first mini ebook on the Marketplace

AND

The first crowdfunding campaign on the Marketplace

We make the history:

https://nxtforum.org/ebooks/the-first-mini-nxt-ebook-first-crowdfunding-campaign-with-the-nxt-marketplace/
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:42:16 PM

NXT-EAVH-SLEV-KSEE-EE2KP

The first mini ebook on the Marketplace

AND

The first crowdfunding campaign on the Marketplace

We make the history:

https://nxtforum.org/ebooks/the-first-mini-nxt-ebook-first-crowdfunding-campaign-with-the-nxt-marketplace/

Cool.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:45:11 AM

We need a lightweight version, like trade.secure. I tried talking to some c4s sellers, but of course not a single one was interested in installing softwares.

Zero interest.

I have seen saying for ages we need lightweight clients, and things like chrome plugins.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:11:37 AM

We need a lightweight version, like trade.secure. I tried talking to some c4s sellers, but of course not a single one was interested in installing softwares.

Zero interest.

I have seen saying for ages we need lightweight clients, and things like chrome plugins.

Could you promote that idea in nxtforum?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:28:09 PM

Zero interest.

I have been considering writing a lightweight client so I don't have to d/l the blockchain on work PC. Any bounties available you thing?

But, how would this be different than the current web wallets out there? Granted, neither of them supports the AE, mgw, or DGS.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:10:41 PM

Zero interest.

I have been considering writing a lightweight client so I don't have to d/l the blockchain on work PC. Any bounties available you thing?

But, how would this be different than the current web wallets out there? Granted, neither of them supports the AE, mgw, or DGS.

Making something like a Nxt Electrum could be very beneficial, but it would be much more complicated than building a Bitcoin/Litecoin version. Electrum "protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin block chain."

Features:
"Instant on: Your client does not download the blockchain. It uses a network of specialized servers that index the blockchain.
Forgiving: Your wallet can be recovered from a secret seed.
Safe: Your seed and private keys are encrypted on your hard drive. They are never sent to the servers.
Low trust: Information received from the servers is verified using SPV. Servers are authenticated using SSL
No downtimes: Your client is not tied to a particular server; it will switch instantly if your server is down.
Ubiquitous: You can use the same wallet on different computers, they will synchronize automatically.
Cold Storage: Sign transactions from a computer that is always offline. Broadcast them using a machine that does not have your keys.
Reachable: You can export your private keys into other Bitcoin clients."

IMO- all coins that want to be successful should have a solution such as this where downloading the block chain is not necessary, or at the very least a "mini blockchain"-like implementation which uses a ledger that is shortened periodically rather than having a history of every transaction since the genesis block.

An electrum version of Nxt would be different from most web wallets in that you have complete control of your wallet and private key- the secret phrase to unlock your wallet is never stored on the servers. I think it is a much safer version of a web wallet.

By the way- this Nxt marketplace is freaking sweet. I like it. Smiley
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:18:36 PM

Making something like a Nxt Electrum could be very beneficial, but it would be much more complicated than building a Bitcoin/Litecoin version.

I disagree. NXT already uses a brain wallet concept. You could think of that as the seed if you want.

So, My NXT Lite wallet could take two approaches, I could decide or leave it up to the user:

1. The user remembers his passphrase/seed and nothing is stored for him. Since this is a "light wallet" it will remember your ID(s) and can display your balances/assets etc by only knowing your ID. You could even "add" an address without every giving the wallet the password/seed.

2. It could work like a bitcoin wallet. Where it creates a wallet.dat file to store your passphrases and encrypt that wallet file using a password/pin your provide. Either the wallet can generate a password/key for you or you can provide (import) an existing wallet.

Nothing complicated about it. It looks/feels the same to the end user as the current Electrum if that is what people wanted. The software could even be deterministic, it could generate a seed, and then use that seed to generate additional accounts if you wanted more than one. So, you could recover a whole bunch of IDs with a single seed.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:29:51 PM

Making something like a Nxt Electrum could be very beneficial, but it would be much more complicated than building a Bitcoin/Litecoin version.

I disagree. NXT already uses a brain wallet concept. You could think of that as the seed if you want.

So, My NXT Lite wallet could take two approaches, I could decide or leave it up to the user:

1. The user remembers his passphrase/seed and nothing is stored for him. Since this is a "light wallet" it will remember your ID(s) and can display your balances/assets etc by only knowing your ID. You could even "add" an address without every giving the wallet the password/seed.

2. It could work like a bitcoin wallet. Where it creates a wallet.dat file to store your passphrases and encrypt that wallet file using a password/pin your provide. Either the wallet can generate a password/key for you or you can provide (import) an existing wallet.

Nothing complicated about it. It looks/feels the same to the end user as the current Electrum if that is what people wanted. The software could even be deterministic, it could generate a seed, and then use that seed to generate additional accounts if you wanted more than one. So, you could recover a whole bunch of IDs with a single seed.

Well, you would need to add support for all of the different features Nxt is implementing, right? That is the only reason I thought it would be more complicated, as Bitcoin/Litecoin Electrum clients don't need to worry about support for an asset exchange, marketplace, etcetra. Then again I am not a developer and you sound like you know a lot more about Nxt than I do. Smiley
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:36:13 PM

Btw. check this out: https://nxtforum.org/nxt-marketplace/

Seems we already have a lot to buy from the Marketplace
ChuckOne (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:39:45 PM

Number of sellers:

Music: 2
eBooks: 2
Games: 2
Goods: 6
Aliases: 4
Services: 6
Domains: 3

Keep it rolling, guys.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:47:03 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 06:13:19 PM by PilotofBTC

Well, you would need to add support for all of the different features Nxt is implementing, right? That is the only reason I thought it would be more complicated, as Bitcoin/Litecoin Electrum clients don't need to worry about support for an asset exchange, marketplace, etcetra. Then again I am not a developer and you sound like you know a lot more about Nxt than I do. Smiley

I am a developer and do understand how NXT works, even though I haven't looked at its implementation code but mostly at the API.

I can reuse the NRS and MGW Lite UI, so it would be a matter of creating a Proxy that has the same API as the NRS and pass them onto a service API to get the information and perform the functions needed.

mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

Number of sellers:

Music: 2
eBooks: 2
Games: 2
Goods: 6
Aliases: 4
Services: 6
Domains: 3

Keep it rolling, guys.

Not bad for only a few days.  Maybe we should make a tutorial for how to use the marketplace? Does it exist already?

Regarding price, the way I see it:
Price goes down due to:
-Merchants being paid in Nxt, then selling those Nxt to cover USD expenses

Price goes up due to:
-People buying Nxt, so they can buy items sold via marketplace
-Nxt being used as more of a currency as I suspect that merchants are more likely to keep their money as Nxt.  Partially because it's more of a hassle to cash out then it is via BitPay.  Partially because this should attract those interested in crypto more than others, and they are therefore less likely to cash out.
-Increased marketing for Nxt as it's yet another very cool feature of Nxt
-People downloading the client, realizing all the cool features Nxt has and getting over that initial hassle of setting it up so they can sell items, then deciding that they'll hold on to some Nxt.

Volume goes up in general.

I see it as sort of the craigslist of crypto.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes