Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Union... bast****  (Read 988 times)
ibrahim11 (OP)

Activity: 777
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:44:45 PM

I made a payment to the Philippines with localbitcoins to buy 1btc. But for no good reason.... well, no reason at all, western union decline my payment but still debit the £315 out of my account! Angry They then call me on my mobile from a german number but i missed the call. So where the hell is my money! I want to buy BTC!!!! Grin
Mr.burns

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:53:46 PM

Just call them back is toolfree
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:00:03 PM

I made a payment to the Philippines with localbitcoins to buy 1btc. But for no good reason.... well, no reason at all, western union decline my payment but still debit the £315 out of my account! Angry They then call me on my mobile from a german number but i missed the call. So where the hell is my money! I want to buy BTC!!!! Grin
I would avoid Western Union if at all possible.

If you are using Localbitcoins and paying with GBP, couldn't you just make a Faster Payments transfer from your bank which is instant and free?
ibrahim11 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

If you are using Localbitcoins and paying with GBP, couldn't you just make a Faster Payments transfer from your bank which is instant and free?

Yes, my online banking got suspended because of bitcoins.
MightyBTC

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

No trusted organisation can take money in this way. Call them, they will surely refund you or process it after asking some questions.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:29:29 PM

How often were you buying/selling?
ibrahim11 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 07:24:43 PM

How often were you buying/selling?
Haha lol, it's quite funny really. For some reason I just can't buy bitcoins...

1.) Bank acc got suspended when buying 2btc. Payment was declined.

2.) Went to the bank to make a cash deposit to buy 1btc and when i was JUST about to deposit the cash the seller said he didn't want to sell me 1btc because the price was too low!

3.) When buying 1btc, i paid via western union, and they declined my payment. They have now refunded me but for some reason I have £6 less in my bank acc than before. Hmm....

I want to buy bitcoins now but the price has gone up. FFS...
Xch4ng3

Activity: 661
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

Make the transfer using an agent in-store, they do all the checks in-store and it takes less than 15 minutes. If you pay online your more likely to have checks run on you and even though you may not have any malicious intentions if a check fails for whatever reason (not enough information, incorrect information) they'll just put the transaction on hold.

3.) When buying 1btc, i paid via western union, and they declined my payment. They have now refunded me but for some reason I have £6 less in my bank acc than before. Hmm....

Probably the fees, call them up and ask them why.

If you're in the UK and need to buy Bitcoin check out LocalBitcoins or Bittylicious, I've had nothing but fast and good trades on there.

[AUTOBUY] [CHEAP] $2 Account Shop -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4611147
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: