Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:29:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: internal role change complications  (Read 752 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

so I applied to a new role within the company. I tell my boss I'm about to apply and he's extremely supportive. He immediately tells me he'll write a reccomendation letter and forward it on to the proper people. This was July 25th. I get an email that same day from the director of HR telling me that I have a phone interview with the VP for the new role on Monday, the 28th. I eagerly accept and make sure I'm all set for Monday. Monday rolls around and the VP doesn't call. I send an email asking "do we need to reschedule? I never recieved a phone call." The vp responds and says he couldn't find my phone number He now has my phone number because it was in my email signature. HR says they will reschedule. So about 3 days ago I get a new invite for a phone screen today. VP calls me about 2 minutes after he should and says "oh I have a phone call with a customer. I'll call you back at noon" I say "ok i understand"

it's now 12:25 and still no call. What the fuck is going on god damn it.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

They want to keep you in the company, but after the VP reviewed your credentials and work history, he discovered the position you have applied for is well above your education level and skill-set. He is trying to let you down softly.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:50:52 PM

Chances are he's busy, and other things that are urgent are causing him some problems. However, that isn't justification. There is a large amount of unprofessionalism there, no matter whether you're the right person for the job or not.

Either that, or someone gave him a transcript of your bitcointalk posts, in which case they're preparing your termination paperwork.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: