bitcoind and Bitcoin-Qt version 0.5.4 release candidate 2 is now available for download at:
bitcoind version 0.4.5 release candidate 2 is now available for download at:
These are bugfix-only
releases, plus protocol support for BIP 16.
Please report bugs by replying to this forum thread
. Note that the 0.4.x wxBitcoin GUI client is no longer maintained nor supported. If someone would like to step up to maintain this, they should contact Luke-Jr.PROTOCOL UPDATES
- BIP 16: Special-case "pay to script hash" logic to enable minimal validation of new transactions.
- Build with thread-safe MingW libraries for Windows, fixing a dangerous memory corruption scenario when exceptions are thrown. (Windows 0.5.4 only)
- Fix broken testnet mining.
- Stop excess inventory relay during initial block download.
- When disconnecting a node, clear the received buffer so that we do not process any already received messages.
- Yet another attempt at implementing "minimize to tray" that works on all operating systems. (0.5.4 only)
- Fix default filename suffixes in GNOME save dialog. (0.5.4 only)
- Make the "Send coins" tab use the configured unit type, even on the first attempt. (0.5.4 only)
- Print detailed wallet loading errors to debug.log when it is corrupt.
- Allocate exactly the amount of space needed for signing transactions, instead of a fixed 10k buffer.
- Workaround for improbable memory access violation.
- Check wallet's minimum version before trying to load it.
- Remove wxBitcoin properly when installing Bitcoin-Qt over it. (Windows 0.5.4 only)
- Detail reorganization information better in debug log.
- Fix some grammatical errors in translation process documentation. (0.5.4 only)
Thanks to everybody who contributed code or helped test this release:
Wladimir J. van der Laan