Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope the price sinks  (Read 2502 times)
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:43:55 PM

Why? Maybe then the developers and the community heads will wakeup and find ways to improve things. Dell has started to accept it and we are still suffering for immature problems. The fact that these exchanges can have such widespread effects is appalling. Imagine if I sell 200k bars of chocolate at a cut price in a matter of a few minutes to lots of people then all these other chocolate sellers do the same because I did it! How stupid would that be?? Imagine if bars of chocolate were sold on exchanges? It would be ridiculous. We need systems in place to stop this stupidity. This is not how things should be working. It doesn't reflect the desires of the majority of holders at all. How can you make the price dependent on what a few do? Exchange programmers need a clever solution in mind to sort this out.

I hope BTC sinks further so that these guys wake up and change their algorithms.

I'm not sure if you're a troll or not but what you're saying is completely silly. There's nothing the devs can do about the fluctuations. Bitcoins is doing just fine, and they have no control over what people are buying and selling it for.

GogglesPisano

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:40:44 PM

Now is an excellent time to buy.

Not quite it needs to go slightly lower.

I doubt we will see it going much lower. In fact, we would have never seen it go as low as it did if it wasn't for the hordes of newbies trading with leverage.

Scoremaster

Activity: 91

Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:17:13 PM

Why? Maybe then the developers and the community heads will wakeup and find ways to improve things. Dell has started to accept it and we are still suffering for immature problems. The fact that these exchanges can have such widespread effects is appalling. Imagine if I sell 200k bars of chocolate at a cut price in a matter of a few minutes to lots of people then all these other chocolate sellers do the same because I did it! How stupid would that be?? Imagine if bars of chocolate were sold on exchanges? It would be ridiculous. We need systems in place to stop this stupidity. This is not how things should be working. It doesn't reflect the desires of the majority of holders at all. How can you make the price dependent on what a few do? Exchange programmers need a clever solution in mind to sort this out.

I hope BTC sinks further so that these guys wake up and change their algorithms.

no one is waking up and nothing is changing. cmon now!

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
CharHill

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:57:33 PM

But you aren't right. We can't to compare chocolate and cryptocoins, look like a fake. Yes, developers can to make it better, but you can't to see all problems.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 04:10:16 PM

What reasons other than the wrong reasons are there for 99.9% of people?
Ending nation state violence. please refer to http://tinyurl.com/BTCvsPolitic

Bitcoin is intrinsically anti-state and therefore anti-violence.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
escrow.dude

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

no one is waking up and nothing is changing. cmon now!
In my experience here people tend to follow the market in what they predict the price will do in the future. For example people will say the price is going to the moon when the price is rising and the opposite when it is falling.
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:26:12 PM

as in years and years gan this happen Smiley

prices down and end up back Smiley
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:33:36 PM

No true bitcoin believer would ever wish for the price to sink or tank. The problem isnt with bitcoin but its users. People need to learn not to care too much about short term profits and more on the long term gain/game.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:42:13 PM

IMHO 90% of the doomsday ppl who perpetuate the 'price sink' panic, are simply BUYERS hoping to get better liquidity at lower and lower prices to then profit from the subsequent upward rally. Happens all the time in the fiat trading world.

If people dont sell their BTC at low prices, then these doomsday sayers cant buy in.

While this is obvious to many, it can be hard to keep this in mind when going through the emotional roller coaster of suffering DD on an investment/trade. Dont be a victim of panic selling people!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MarisaFea

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:43:48 PM

IMHO 90% of the doomsday ppl who perpetuate the 'price sink' panic, are simply BUYERS hoping to get better liquidity at lower and lower prices to then profit from the subsequent upward rally. Happens all the time in the fiat trading world.

If people dont sell their BTC at low prices, then these doomsday sayers cant buy in.

While this is obvious to many, it can be hard to keep this in mind when going through the emotional roller coaster of suffering DD on an investment/trade. Dont be a victim of panic selling people!

I'm sorry you can act like you wouldn't want a price drop so you can buy Bitcoins cheaper but we all know everyone buys when its cheaper and would love for it to drop again. Stop acting like your wealthy and don't care either way what ever your wealth etc you see a great opportunity you take it.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 04:44:31 PM

i don't mind if the price sinks..more distribution of coins, as in poor people can buy some

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3239

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:09:24 PM

No true bitcoin believer would ever wish for the price to sink or tank. The problem isnt with bitcoin but its users speculators. People need to learn not to care too much about short term profits and more on the long term gain/game.

FTFY. Speculators =/= users

i don't mind if the price sinks..more distribution of coins, as in poor people can buy some

Poor people can buy bitcoins regardless of the price. Your can buy $10 worth of bitcoins whether the exchange rate is $1 or $1000.

Those people aren't very smart. They are betting on the exchange rate to first go down and then go up. The odds of that happening are much lower than the odds of a single movement, down or up. Anyway, since they profit from a rising exchange rate, there is no need for it to go down first in order to profit.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
lomalio (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:45:21 PM

I am no troll. Unlike what has been suggested. I really want the price to sink and then to go up. Or it should go up and stay there so it gives the community some respectability.

Anyway I can moan all I want but the smart powerful guys probably already know these problems. They know that volatility was ok and maybe even fun some time ago but now with greater merchant adoption it needs to stop.

Maybe someone is already thinking about making a new and more refined exchange. Have any of you used bitbargin.co.uk from Britain? That is a system which would not cause such madness if it was more widespread. But even they require many checks before you can use them. We NEED such systems in place for trading instead of these easy to manipulate jokes. These famous exchanges need to be given less importance. Bitcoin is good but the infrastructure is rubbish because it did little to warn against Gox.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:55:44 AM

author=lemfuture link=topic=745418.msg8438355#msg8438355 date=1408466671]
Poor people can buy bitcoins regardless of the price. Your can buy $10 worth of bitcoins whether the exchange rate is $1 or $1000.
[/quote]What he is referring to is a poor person buying 10 btc at $1 and then being able to sell them for $1,000, making that person go from poor to rich. This is a very big problem of people in the US thinking like this as they want to be able to make a lot of money from almost nothing. It is similar to how so many people play the lottery hoping to "make it big"
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 03:28:07 AM

It is similar to how so many people play the lottery hoping to "make it big"
Bitcoin could not possibly be more DISSIMILAR from the lottery.

The lottery is a tax for people with poor math skills. Bitcoin is free wealth for people with strong pattern recognition skills. Kind of like a global IQ test where the stakes are poverty and wealth, it's really quite fascinating actually. It may empower many bright people.

The only way to lose in bitcoin is to buy high and sell low. Selling is a choice. You can choose to ride out the lows and wait for new highs, or you can choose to be a moron and throw away untold future fortunes.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:58:20 AM

Now is an excellent time to buy.

ya right down at least wait a little longer until the new buy more
and I believe the end of this year rose to $ 1,000 bitcoin again haha
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: