Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 11:33:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start mining?  (Read 2159 times)
Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:35:59 PM

How would I start mining I have around $10000 to invest into it and would like some recommendations where to get started.
Buy mining gadget that mine at a higher rate like 30m/s scrypt or 400 gh/s, you will enjoy your mining and quick return on your investments.

Quick return on your investments? I bet you must have used some very low difficulty increase % in the calculation of your expected return...

Wealthy

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:44:02 AM

You can look around the mining forum on how to get started on mining. 10k worth of mining hardware could give you a good start IMO
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:04:08 AM

How would I start mining I have around $10000 to invest into it and would like some recommendations where to get started.
Buy mining gadget that mine at a higher rate like 30m/s scrypt or 400 gh/s, you will enjoy your mining and quick return on your investments.

Quick return on your investments? I bet you must have used some very low difficulty increase % in the calculation of your expected return...

I bet he did not even calculate difficulty increasment Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 508

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:34:11 AM

Invest in KNC Cloud. Its a better thing if you are buying Hashes. It's a new mining farm by KnCMiner situated in Arctic. They offer THs with a 0% fee because of the advantages of the place.

~~MZ~~

silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

Invest in KNC Cloud. Its a better thing if you are buying Hashes. It's a new mining farm by KnCMiner situated in Arctic. They offer THs with a 0% fee because of the advantages of the place.

~~MZ~~

It is pretty expensive to be honest at $1.79 - $1.99 per TH/s (0.0037 btc - 0.0041 btc per GH/s) even for including all the fees.
If you really want to mine, it is better to buy some latest miners instead IMO.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:17:51 PM

~~MZ~~

It is pretty expensive to be honest at $1.79 - $1.99 per TH/s (0.0037 btc - 0.0041 btc per GH/s) even for including all the fees.
If you really want to mine, it is better to buy some latest miners instead IMO.

Mining contracts or mining shares are always a gamble. On the other hand, you don't have to take care of your miner, don't have to pay for the electricity, etc. It's also a good thing that KNC seems to be using renewable energy!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3296

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:20:33 PM

If they don't charge a fee, it is because the price already covers all the costs.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:27:16 PM

If they don't charge a fee, it is because the price already covers all the costs.

Of course, they just ran the numbers and picked a price that they deem reasonable and profitable for them. It doesn't matter how you split that price up, it's just important that it covers their expenses.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 508

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 08:12:10 AM

Of course, they just ran the numbers and picked a price that they deem reasonable and profitable for them. It doesn't matter how you split that price up, it's just important that it covers their expenses.

I understand! If what I heard is right, their expenses are much lower than other pools. They are in Arctic, one of the coldest region. It will make their miners cool easier than other people's does. I don't know about the price but I think it is lower than others. You are right anyway, they are making profit from it.

~~MZ~~

ritamartindel

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:06:38 PM

am a newbie, i think you should buy and hold is more better than mining, my view pleas
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: