Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:45:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Promoting Bitcoin?  (Read 1021 times)
mercistheman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:51:38 AM

It appears to be an imbalance between Fud starters and BTC activist using mainstream media to grow awareness.
We understand that big money capitalist have rallied their Fudsuckers and lobbyist (5 from credit card companies at last count)... but what are we doing?
As investors we need to be willing to fight with creativity because we certainly can't out spend them.... Status quo is not good enough if we want to see a solid return!
As a starter there should be a clear understanding of who is leading the cause and where can we donate to these foundations.
I think there was a recent article about two Bitcoin US lobbyist.
The efforts by Coindesk and others should expand to a broader base that reaches media outlets non cyrpto folks follow.
For those with better information on who we need to support to increase exposure please share... Most don't know where to send contributions or how to help.
Thanks
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:00:55 AM

I think a lot of information in this forum.  This process is long and boring.

mercistheman (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:16:41 AM

Thanks for your excellent insights... I hope not everyone feels this way.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 03:22:04 AM

I am I am!

www.honeybadgerofmoney.com

It only takes $5 to become a BTC promoter with your car window or Trunk or Bumper today!  Shipping internationally too!

I do manage and maintain hbom website and try to offer these wares through my site to allow users to promote with very little funds.  I can't afford to pay $3000 per month for a billboard, but I've got $5 to convert my bumper into the same billboard!  - those are the folks I need to help me spread BTC awareness! 

I you are not interested in buying any of my wares, you may be able to earn them for FREE!  Talk to a local business or non profit organization in your area, discuss what you did in a topic post here, and I might pick you to get something from my store for free! (excludes the skyhook atm, sorry!)

Kayex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:28:10 AM

Regarding your question in the title: Who is promoting Bitcoin?
The main driving force for BTC is the community. At this time though, BTC is just kind of hard to use for the average joe.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:21:38 PM

So far what I've done to promote Bitcoin is share the articles I write about cryptocurrencies on Twitter and Facebook, as well as teach teenagers how to use it. (Seems to be going well even though she hasn't yet gotten past the stage where she thinks faucets are neat. I even up front told her that most people get bored with them because the payouts aren't huge even though of course I linked her to a few with relatively decent payouts  Wink.) Plus occasionally I mention Bitcoin on fairly active Facebook groups whenever the topic of "economics" comes up -- and I use "economics" lightly because discussions like that always seem to degenerate rather quickly when the people who want to run social experiments on Mars at a stage when we need to be focused on just friggin' getting people there and establishing that people can survive on Mars get involved.
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:25:21 PM

Who is promoting bitcoin? We are, the people. Just keep telling everyone you know about the greatness and benefits of bitcoin and it will spread like wildfire. It's only a matter of time before the masses cotton on to it but we can help it get there quicker by promoting it the best we can in any way we can.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:30:06 PM

Who is promoting bitcoin? We are, the people. Just keep telling everyone you know about the greatness and benefits of bitcoin and it will spread like wildfire. It's only a matter of time before the masses cotton on to it but we can help it get there quicker by promoting it the best we can in any way we can.

I have a business here in the US and I have been promoting by giving paper wallets to my customers and I tell them here is a bitcoin, they ask me what it is, but on the paper wallet I have a link on card so all they have to do is go to bitcoin.com to watch the video.  Also I tell them is a digital currency. 
Honeybooboo

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:32:45 PM

I have a business here in the US and I have been promoting by giving paper wallets to my customers and I tell them here is a bitcoin, they ask me what it is, but on the paper wallet I have a link on card so all they have to do is go to bitcoin.com to watch the video.  Also I tell them is a digital currency. 

So do you actually put money on the paper wallets or is there just a link to a video? If yes, how much do you put on? Do you accept bitcoin in your store too?
Bitwayup85

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:33:08 PM

People frustrated with Paypal chose BTC and they are the ones spreading the word Smiley
frankh13

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:35:21 PM

It appears to be an imbalance between Fud starters and BTC activist using mainstream media to grow awareness.
We understand that big money capitalist have rallied their Fudsuckers and lobbyist (5 from credit card companies at last count)... but what are we doing?
As investors we need to be willing to fight with creativity because we certainly can't out spend them.... Status quo is not good enough if we want to see a solid return!
As a starter there should be a clear understanding of who is leading the cause and where can we donate to these foundations.
I think there was a recent article about two Bitcoin US lobbyist.
The efforts by Coindesk and others should expand to a broader base that reaches media outlets non cyrpto folks follow.
For those with better information on who we need to support to increase exposure please share... Most don't know where to send contributions or how to help.
Thanks

For real, you can to check this forum, and planned you steps. I think, you will help btc community.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:41:40 PM

So do you actually put money on the paper wallets or is there just a link to a video? If yes, how much do you put on? Do you accept bitcoin in your store too?

Yes there is a link with a video, and I put about 50 cents to 2.00 dollars depending on the item.  I tell them they can use the paperwallet to discount on a purchase and I apply the discount, is not much but I am trying to get the word out about it.   
Honeybooboo

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:44:09 PM

It's a good idea and could get people interested, though I think many wouldnt bother and throw it away or something. Maybe you could give them instructions how to redeem it somehow so they had to be actively interested in getting some bitcoin. Maybe get them to fill a quick form out on your website with their address and you'll send them the coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: